NEET application form may be available from January 2021. NEET exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education for offering admission into MBBS/BDS programme in various private and government colleges across the country. Please have a look at important highlights about NEET application form 2021:
- The mode of availability of NEET form is online. There will be no facility for offline registration.
- Every candidate should hold his/her Aadhaar number in order to apply for the exam.
- Candidates will be required to put their option for question paper language and three exam centre cities. The options made by candidates won’t be changed further under any circumstances.
- Candidates would be asked to upload scanned copy of their photograph with size 10 KB to 100 KB and signature of size in between 3 KB to 20 KB in JPEG format.
- The application form correction date will be updated to the candidates at the later stage; however, this facility will be applicable to the particular area. Therefore, candidates need to be careful enough at the time of making online registration.
- Candidates are suggested to obtain three printouts of the confirmation page of the online filled application form.
Important Dates for NEET Application Form 2021
Here are the important highlights for the dates associated with NEET application form 2021:
|Date for the availability of Application form||Jan 2021|
|Application form submission deadline||—|
|Fee payment deadline||—|
|Correction window for the application form will be active||—|
|Date of examination||—|
Important Highlights of the Eligibility
Please confirm your eligibility by going through the instructions mentioned below:
- Aadhaar card is a must document in order to apply for NEET examination.
- All Indians are eligible to apply. However, candidates who are NRIs or foreign nationals or falling under PIO (Persons of Indian Origin), OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) category can apply for the exam.
- The minimum age criteria for appearing in NEET exam is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year, whereas, the upper age criteria is 25 years (30 years for SC/ST/OBC categories) as on the day of exam.
- There will be no attempt limit.
- Candidates who passed the class 12th or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Biotechnology or any of the elective subjects with English are eligible. However, the percentage criterion in the qualifying exam is 50% for GEN, 45% for GEN-PH and 40% for OBC/SC/ST category candidates.
- Appearing candidates may apply for the exam.
How to Apply for the Exam?
Once you confirm your eligibility for the exam then you may follow the steps given below:
- Please go to the official web portal of NEET UG. Here, you need to go to the Online Services section and hit on the “Apply Online” button.
- Please read the instructions carefully and click the button “Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG)”. After clicking this link you can see that your application form is displayed on the screen.
- Please enter accurate personal, educational and communication details in the form. If you are found ineligible at any point of time then your candidature can be cancelled at the same time.
- Upon completion of the registration process, you would get your registration number and password.
- Now, upload your signature and photograph in the prescribed format.
- Make a payment of the required application fee.
- Once you make the payment successfully, you need to take minimum of three printouts of the confirmation page.
NEET Application Fee
The payment will be made in online mode only. Candidates have three options for the making payment of application fee and that are:
- Using debit card/credit card;
- Net banking/UPI;
Coming to the application fee, candidates of GEN/OBC category are required to make a payment of Rs.1400/-, whereas this amount is Rs.750/- for SC/ST/PH category candidates.