There is no MU OET 2023 notification released yet, however it is likely to release in the 2nd week of October 2022. MU OET entrance exam is conducted for admission to various UG and PG courses in Manipal university. Candidates who wish to get enrolled into the institute can submit their application form from October 2022 onwards. The actual dates for beginning and closing of application process for different courses will vary. Complete details related to the MU OET 2023 can be found in this article below.
MU OET 2023
- Application form for the online entrance test will only be released through online mode.
- Candidates should submit their application form before the last prescribed date for the course for which they are applying.
- The applicants will be allowed to book slots for appearing in the exam depending on their convenience and availability of slots.
- A slot once booked will not be changed under any circumstances.
- The candidates should keep their admit card safe till the complete process of admission is over.
MU OET 2023 Exam Dates
The important dates (tentative) related to MU OET 2023 are given in the table below.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of October 2022|
|Last date to submit the online application||3rd week of March 2023|
|Beginning of slot booking process||4th week of March 2023|
|Admit card issue date||2nd week of April 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||April 2023 to May 2023|
|Announcement of result||4th week of May 2023|
|Commencement of counseling||1st week of June 2023|
|Classes begins from||3rd week of July 2023|
MU OET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for various courses for which the entrance test will be conducted by the Manipal University is given here:
For undergraduate courses:
B.Tech: The candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ any technical vocational subjects scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
B.Pharma: A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology is required.
B.Sc Animation, Media & Communication: Applicants, who have passed class 12th or equivalent exam scoring a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate, are eligible.
For postgraduate courses:
M.Tech/ ME: A pass in BE/ B.Tech or equivalent degree in relevant branch is required to be eligible.
MCA: The applicants should have passed BCA/ B.Sc IT with not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
M.Sc Clinical Embryology: Those who have passed B.Sc with Reproduction, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioscience or Physiology as one of the subjects with at least 60% aggregate marks are eligible.
MPT: The candidates need to clear BPT degree examination with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institute. The candidates must also complete their internship before beginning of the classes.
MU OET 2023 Application Form
The application form for MU OET 2023 will be released on the official website of the university www.manipal.edu. Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements can apply for the entrance test from October 2020 onwards.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details such as name, date of birth, gender, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded in the application form.
- After providing all the details into the application form, the candidates should carefully check it before final submission.
- The application form can them be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- It is advised that the candidates take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application fee for MU OET is Rs. 2000/- (including Rs. 600/- exam fee)
- For foreign candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 2500/-.
- Payment of the application fee can be done via credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
MU OET 2023 Exam Pattern
The overview of MU OET 2023 exam pattern is provided below:
- Duration of test: 150 minutes
- Mode of exam: Online
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 800
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative marking: For every wrong 1 mark will be deducted
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English and General Aptitude||30||120|
For M.Tech/ ME:
- Duration of test: 90 minutes
- Mode of exam: Online
- Number of questions: 60
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
For other courses:
|Courses||Number of questions||Duration|
|BBA||100 MCQs||120 minutes|
|BA Media & Communication, B.Sc Animation||100 MCQs||120 minutes|
|MA Media & Communication, MA Film Art & Film Making, PG Diploma in Corporate Communication||120 MCQs||120 minutes|
|B.Des Fashion Design, B.Des Interior Design||100 MCQs||120 minutes|
|M.Sc (Medical) – Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Physiology||120 MCQs||120 minutes|
|B.Pharma, Pharma.D||200 MCQs||150 minutes|
|M.Pharma, Pharma.D Post Baccalaureate||200 MCQs||120 minutes|
|MPT, M.Sc Audiology, M.Sc Speech Language Pathology||200 MCQs||120 minutes|
|M.Sc Medical Biotechnology, M.Sc Molecular Biology & Human Genetics||120 MCQs||120 minutes|
|M.Sc Clinical Virology||120 MCQs||120 minutes|
MU OET 2023 Syllabus
Check below the overview of MU OET syllabus for B.Tech course:
- Physics: Units and Measurement, Kinematics, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, etc
- Chemistry: Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Periodic properties, Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Basic principles of organic chemistry, Polymers, Biomolecules, etc
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations And Functions, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Vectors And Three-Dimensional Geometry, Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics And Probability, Linear Programming, etc
- English: Tense, Modals, Subject – Verb Concord, Pronouns, Sentence Structure, Usages in English, Clauses, Determiners, Prepositions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings, One Word Substitutions, etc
MU OET 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear in the MU OET will be uploaded on the official website of Manipal University.
- Candidates can download their admit card using their registration details, should take its printout and carry it to the exam center.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
- Details of the examination, shift, date and time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
MU OET Result 2023
- Candidates can check the result of the online entrance test by visiting the university’s official website.
- Result of the exam conducted for different courses will be announced separately.
- On the basis of their result, the candidates will be invited to take part in the counseling process.
- Final admission will be granted to the candidates upon verification of eligibility and documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What courses are offered by the Manipal University?
Ans.: B.Tech, MCA, ME, M.Sc, B.Arch, M.Arch, B.Des, BA, MA, BBA, MBA, B.Com, M.Com, PG Diploma, Certificate course, MBBS, MD, MS, BDS, MDS, B.Pharma, M.Pharma, Nursing, MSW, M.Phil etc
- Can I receive my admit card for MU OET offline?
Ans.: The admit card will only be released on the official website of the university and will be sent through any other means.
- Is OET also conducted for admission to MBBS and BDS courses?
Ans.: No. Admission into MBBS and BDS is offered on the basis of candidates’ performance in NEET UG. Similarly, admission into MD/ MS and MDS program is given on the basis of NEET PG.
- How can I find my answers to the queries related to the Manipal University admission process?
Ans.: You can send an email at email@example.com for all clarifications related to Indian Admissions category and on firstname.lastname@example.org for International Admissions category.