Yale Young Global Scholars academic and leadership program, offered at Yale University, is aimed at increasing education access to youth globally. To make this program accessible to all, the university also offers various scholarships to the students in need. Candidates can apply for the scholarship while applying for the program itself. The application form is made available through online mode and can be filled upto mid-January. Complete details regarding the Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 scholarship program can be found in this article below.
- The application for financial aid is included within the online YYGS application.
- A confirmation receipt indicating the successful submission of YYGS application will be sent to the registered email id that must be kept safe by the candidates.
- Candidates who have earlier participated in the YYGS summer program are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarships are offered to the selected students on the basis of their needs and according to the financial details submitted by them.
- Normally, travel costs are not included in need-based financial aid packages, with a few exceptions.
- For queries related to the YYGS scholarship or application process, candidates can visit the ‘contact us’ page and send their grievances online.
Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 Important Deadlines
The deadline for early action has crossed, but for regular decision candidates can check the deadline from the table below:
|Availability of applications||February 2022|
|Last date to submit the application||February 2022|
|Declaration of selection result||March 2022|
|Last date to accept the offer||March 2022|
Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The below-mentioned eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to apply for Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 program:
- Age: The minimum age of the candidates should be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2022.
- English Fluency: Applicants should be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: The candidate should be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: The candidate should be graduating in May/ June 2022 or 2023 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov/ Dec 2022 or 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.
Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply for the admission as well as for scholarship from the official website www.apply.globalscholars.yale.edu.
- Providing name, date of birth and email address, the candidates will first have to create an account.
- After successful creation of account, the candidates can login to fill the application form.
- The candidates need to provide basic personal, family and academic information and upload important documents into the form.
- Once your application is complete, click on the ‘Finalize & Pay’ button to submit the application and proceed with fee submission.
Required Application Components
All students must submit the following application components:
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (140 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (as completed YYGS Recommendation Forms ONLY)
- English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo) (optional)
- Need-based financial aid
- The candidates applying for the scholarship submit the Fee Waiver Form instead of USD 70 application fee.
- This form will reduce their application fee to USD 0.
Yale Young Global Scholarship Details
- YYGS provides a certain number of scholarships that cover full tuition and travel costs of the applicants.
- To be considered for any of these scholarships, the candidate should complete the entire online application, including the Need-Based Financial Aid portion.
- Students are encouraged to provide us with as much information as possible when applying for aid.
- As part of reviewing the financial aid request, YYGS staff will review whether or not the applied candidates meet scholarships’ eligibility requirements.
- Indian students applying for the scholarships will be eligible for YYGS-Qooco Scholarship that will cover all expenses of the selected candidates attending any of the YYGS sessions offered in 2022.
Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to apply separately for the scholarship program?
No, there is no separate application for the scholarship program. While applying for the YYGS program, the candidates need to fill the Need-Based Financial Aid portion in the application itself.
- Does YYGS offer merit-based scholarships?
No. YYGS offers scholarships to the candidates on the basis of their need and financial condition and not on the basis of merit.
- Other than need-based scholarship, is there any other way I can get financial support for YYGS program?
Although YYGS strives to meet the scholarship requirements of all the applied candidates, there are others ways too through which the candidates can raise funds to support their studies. The students can approach school officials, community leaders, local organizations, outside sponsors, etc for financial support.