SSC CGL 2023 application form will be accessed online most from 10th September 2022, while the last date to register online is 1st October 2023. For filling up Group B and C posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India, SSC CGL 2023 will be conducted. Different tiers of exam will be conducted for selecting the most eligible candidates for these posts. The interested candidates will first have to submit their online application forms. The candidates can find the complete details of the selection process from this article.
SSC CGL 2023
- The mode of application will only be online and there is no need to send hard copy of any documents to the commission.
- A valid email address and phone number must be provided during registration as it might be needed for further communication.
- Admit card will be released separately for different tiers of the exam.
- The physical fitness test will be conducted for the post of Inspector and Sub-Inspector.
- Preference of posts will be taken from the candidates either online or at the time of document verification.
SSC CGL 2023 Schedule
|Online application form release date||10th September 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st October 2023|
|Release of admit card for Tier I exam||To be notified|
|Tier I exam date||To be notified|
|Declaration of Tier I result||To be notified|
|Release of admit card for Tier II exam||To be notified|
|Tier II exam date||To be notified|
|Declaration of Tier II result||To be notified|
|Release of admit card for Tier III exam||To be notified|
|Tier III exam date||To be notified|
|Declaration of Tier III result||To be notified|
|Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test/ Document Verification||To be notified|
SSC CGL 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates for appearing in the SSC CGL 2023 exam:
Candidates of the following nationality are eligible to apply: should be any of the following:
- Citizen of India, Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who has come to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling here
- Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling here
|Auditor/ Accountant (Offices under C&AG), Accountant/ Junior Accountant, Senior Secretariat Assistant, Upper Division Clerks, Tax Assistant (CBDT), Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)||18- 27 years|
|Assistant (Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations), Inspector Posts (Department of Post)||18- 30 years|
|Tax Assistant (CBEC)||20- 27 years|
|Assistant Section Office (Central Secretariat Service/ Ministry of Railway/ External Affairs/ AFHQ, Sub Inspector (CBI)||20- 30 years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Section Officer (Intelligence Bureau), Sub Inspector, Inspector (Income Tax/ Central Excise/ Preventive Officer/ Examiner), Divisional Accountant||Not exceeding 30 years|
|Junior Statistical Officer||Up to 32 years|
A relaxation in upper age will be given to the candidates as per the following:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD||10 years- General candidates
13 years- OBC candidates
15 years- SC/ ST candidates
|Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees who have
rendered not less than 3 years regular and
continuous service as on closing date for
receipt of application
|5 years- General candidates (Group B posts)
10 years- SC/ ST candidates (Group B posts)
Up to 40 years of age- General candidates (Group C posts)
Up to 40 years of age- SC/ ST candidates (Group C posts)
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially
separated and who are not remarried
|Up to 35 years of age- General candidates
Up to 40 years of age- SC/ ST candidates
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation
during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a
|3 years- General candidates
8 years- SC/ ST candidates
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color
service in the Armed Forces
|Up to 45 years of age- General candidates
Up to 50 years of age- SC/ ST candidates
|Retrenched census employees of the Office of Registrar General of India (considered only for offices under RGI)||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service|
- For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Commerce/ Business Studies/ Business Economics/ Business Administration (Finance) is required. Chartered Accountants, Cost & Management Accountants and Company Secretaries are eligible to apply too.
- For Junior Statistical Officer: Candidates with bachelor’s degree in any discipline securing a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics in class 12th are eligible. Those holding a bachelor’s degree with Statistics as a subject are also eligible.
- For other Posts: Those with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent can apply.
- Candidates in the graduation final year who will possess the required qualification before 1st August 2020 are also eligible.
SSC CGL 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply online for SSC CGL 2023 exam. The application form will be made available on the official website https://ssc.nic.in/. Applicants are advised to read the important instructions carefully before proceeding with the application process.
- The first step towards the application process will be registration of the candidates by providing basic personal details.
- Candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format to complete the process of registration.
- After submission of registration form, registration id and password will be generated. Using these credentials, the candidates can now fill their application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide rest personal details, educational details, etc.
- Once all the details are entered carefully, the application form can be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- The candidates should take a printout of the duly submitted application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- except for women, SC/ ST and Ex-Servicemen candidates who will be exempted from fee payment.
- Candidates can submit their application fee via SBI Challan/ SBI net banking or by debit card/ credit card.
SSC CGL 2023 Exam Pattern
Check below the exam pattern of SSC CGL 2023:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Exam duration: 1 hour
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer
- Negative marking: 0.50 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- Mode of exam: Online
- Exam duration: 2 hours (each paper)
- Number of questions: 500
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 800
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer in paper I and 0.50 marks in paper II, III and IV
|Paper||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Paper I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200|
|Paper II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper IV||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200|
- Paper I and Paper II are compulsory for all the posts
- For Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), Paper III will be compulsory
- For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer, Paper IV will be compulsory
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Exam duration: 1 hour
- Medium of exam: English or Hindi
- Type of question: Subjective type
|Essay/ Précis/ Letter/ Application||100||60 minutes|
Date Entry Skill Test (DEST):
- Number of key depression given: 2000
- Duration: 15 minutes
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT):
- Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides
SSC CGL 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the different tiers exam is given below:
For Tier I:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analogies, Similarities & Differences, Space Visualization, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Analysis, etc
- General Awareness: Awareness of Environment, India and its Neighbors pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Scientific Research, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Whole Numbers, Decimals, Fractions, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, etc.
- English Comprehension: Basic Comprehension and Writing Ability
For Tier II
- Quantitative Ability: Whole Numbers, Decimals, Fractions, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, etc.
- English Language & Comprehension: Error Spotting, Fill In The Blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms, Detecting Misspelled Words, Idioms & Phrases, etc
- Statistics: Collection, Classification & Presentation of Statistical Data, Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, Moments, Skewness & Kurtosis, etc
- General Studies (Finance & Economics): Fundamental Principles & Basic Concept of Accounting, Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Finance Commission, etc.
SSC CGL 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card for all the successfully registered candidates will be released online.
- The candidates can download their admit card from the website of the concerned regional/ sub-regional office of the commission.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout to be carried to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall in the absence of a valid admit card.
- Any kind of discrepancy in the admit card must be communicated to the concerned regional/ sub-regional office as soon as possible.
SSC CGL 2023 Result & Selection
- The result of different tiers of selection test will be declared online. Candidates clearing each tier will be called for subsequent tiers.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III exams.
- Candidates whose names appear in this merit list will then be invited to appear for skill test and document verification.
- After successful skill test and document verification, the candidates will be allowed to provide post preference.
- Final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their overall performance and choice provided by them.