The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET 2023) is conducted to select the candidates for admission into BE, B.Tech, B.Pharma and Pharma.D courses. Applicants who wish to appear for this exam can fill the application forms online. The application form for MHT CET 2023 is most likely to release by 1st week of June 2023. Selected candidates will be granted admission into institutes of Maharashtra state only. Candidates from all over the country are eligible to apply for MHT CET 2023 but only the Maharashtra state candidates will be offered benefit of reservation.
MHT CET 2023
- Children of NRI/ OCI/ PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National candidates are exempted from appearing in MHT CET.
- For admission to BE/ B.Tech course, the candidates need to appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For admission to B.Pharma/ Pharma.D course, the candidates need to appear for Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- If a candidate has objection against any question in the question paper, the same may be submitted through candidate login.
- Authorities will also release the answer key and the candidates’ response on the official website before declaration of result.
MHT CET 2023 Exam Dates
The official dates related to MHT CET 2023 are given in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date for application submission||3rd week of July 2023|
|Availability of online application form with a late fee of Rs. 500/-||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date for application submission with late fee||4th week of July 2023|
|Last date for making payment of application fee||4th week of July 2023|
|Admit card release date||1st week of August 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of September 2023|
|Display of candidates’ response in their login||2nd week of September 2023|
|Submission of objection on the questions||2nd week of September 2023|
|Publication of result||3rd week of September 2023|
MHT CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed eligibility criteria for Appearing in MHT CET 2023 are given below:
|Maharashtra state candidature|
|Type A||Candidates passing SSC and HSC or equivalent from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State|
Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/or is born in Maharashtra
|Type B||Candidate whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra and possess Domicile Certificate|
|Type C||Candidate whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State|
|Type D||Candidate whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking|
|Type E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognized institution located in disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area whose Mother tongue is Marathi|
|All India candidature|
|Candidates who are a citizen of India|
|Candidates belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from State of Maharashtra as notified by the Government|
|Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature|
|The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities|
|The children of officers belonging to IAS, IPS or IFS and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities|
|The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism|
|Children of NRI/ OCI/ PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National candidates|
- Candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in aggregate.
- Those with Diploma in Engineering and Technology or B.Sc degree with at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks are eligible too.
- Applicants who have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in aggregate are eligible.
- A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in aggregate is required.
- Those with Diploma in Pharmacy with at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks are eligible too.
MHT CET 2023 Application Form
Application forms for the MHT CET 2023 will be released online on the official website. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before they proceed with the application process.
- First step will be registration to generate username and password. Using these credentials, the candidates can obtain the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in the application form in scanned format.
- Details into the application form should be entered carefully as incorrect information can lead to its rejection.
- Application form, complete and correct in every aspect, can then be submitted along with a prescribed amount of application fee.
- It is suggested that the candidates keep a copy of the duly filled application form with them in case of future reference.
Check below the category-wise application fee for MHT CET 2023:
|For SC, ST, VJ/ DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and PWD category candidates of Maharashtra||Rs. 600/-|
|For rest others||Rs. 800/-|
Payment of application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking or offline using Challan.
MHT CET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for MHT CET is given below:
- Mode of examination: Online
- Number of papers: 3 (Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry, and Biology)
- Duration of the test: 90 minutes for each paper
- Question paper language: English/ Marathi/ Urdu for Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English only for Mathematics
- Number of questions: 250
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 300
- Marking scheme: Each question of Mathematics will carry 2 marks and question of rest subjects will carry 1 mark each
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics & Chemistry||100||100|
MHT CET 2023 Syllabus
Check out the CET syllabus as prescribed by the Director, Technical Education, Mumbai:
- Physics: Scalars and Vectors, Measurements, Force, Refraction Of Light, Ray Optics, Magnetic Effect Of Electric Current, Magnetism, Friction In Solids And Liquids
- Chemistry: Surface Chemistry, Some Basic Concepts Of Chemistry, Nature Of Chemical Bond, States Of Matter: Gases And Liquids, Redox Reaction, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals), Basic Principles And Techniques In Organic Chemistry, Alkanes
- Mathematics: Factorization Formulae, Trigonometric Functions, Sets, Relations And Functions, Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Straight Line, Sequences And Series, Circle and Conics, Probability
- Botany: Biochemistry of Cell, Diversity in Organisms, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development
- Zoology: Animal Tissues, Human Nutrition, Organization of Cell, Human Respiration
MHT CET 2023 Admit Card
- The link to download the admit card for MHT CET 2023 exam will be provided on the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card by logging in to their account using their username and password.
- The candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to exam center on exam date.
- Multiple printouts is suggested to be taken to be safe from loss or damage of the admit card.
- Admit card will only be generated for the candidates who submit their online applications in time.
MHT CET 2023 Result
- Result of the entrance test has been announced on its official website.
- Authorities will prepare a merit list of the qualified candidates and ranking will be granted as per their performance in the exam.
- Response sheet of each candidate will be made available under their login and can be fetched using their registration details.
- Applications will be invited from the qualified candidates for taking part in rest of the admission process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What documents do I need to carry while reporting to the exam center?
Answer: The MHT CET admit card along with a photo identity proof and a declaration in the prescribed format (will be made available on the official website in time) should be carried to the exam center.
Question 2: What documents can be considered for identity proof?
Answer: The following documents can be carried as an identity proof- PAN Card, Indian Passport, Driving License, Voter’s Card, Bank Passbook with Photograph, Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead along with photograph, Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph, recent Identity Card issued by a recognized School/ College, Aadhaar Card, E-Aadhaar Card print with a photograph
Question 3: Will break be allowed in between the different exam papers?
Answer: For PCMB subject group, a 15 minute break will be provided after Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics paper. For other groups there will be no break in between the papers.