Admission into MBBS course offered by the University of Delhi will be given on the basis of their performance in NEET. The NEET qualified candidates will have to take part in the counseling process conducted by Medical Counseling Committee. The candidates who are allotted a seat in medical colleges of this university will be shortlisted for admission. Additionally, the candidates will have to register on Faculty of Medical Sciences to get final admission. Check the post below to find complete details of the DU MBBS admission 2023 process.
Flowchart for Delhi University MBBS Admission 2023
The process of DU MBBS 2023 has been simplified as follows:
- Appear in the NEET exam 2023 conducted by NTA
- Take part in the counseling conducted by MCC, providing the medical colleges under DU as preferred choices
- Register on the website of FMSC (only if allotted seat in medical college of DU)
- Get documents and eligibility verified and take admission
Find here the tentative dates related to Delhi University MBBS 2023 admission:
|Online registration and choice filling||2nd week of June 2023|
|Locking of final choice||3rd week of June 2023|
|Allotment of seat||3rd week of June 2023|
|Declaration of result||4th week of June 2023|
|Online registration and choice filling||1st week of July 2023|
|Locking of final choice||2nd week of July 2023|
|Allotment of seat||2nd week of July 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of July 2023|
|Online registration and choice filling||2nd week of August 2023|
|Locking of final choice||3rd week of August 2023|
|Allotment of seat||3rd week of August 2023|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of August 2023|
Counseling & Seat Allotment
The NEET qualified candidates will have to register themselves for counseling on the official website of Medical Counseling Committee www.nic.in. Candidates who have passed their class 11th and 12th from a recognized school of Delhi can apply for 85% seats. Rest 15% seats will be available to all the candidates who qualify their NEET exam.
The candidates who aspire for admission in MBBS college of DU will have to provide their choice for colleges affiliated to this university during the counseling. Care should be taken to select these colleges as the top priority as seat will be allotted according to the preference given by the candidates. The following medical colleges will take part in the counseling process:
- Lady Harding Medical College (LHMC) (only female candidates)
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
Now, according to the rank of the candidates and the number of seats available, seat will be allotted to them. The candidates who are allotted a seat in the colleges affiliated to Delhi University can then register for admissions on the website of Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi.
- The candidates will have to register themselves for DU MBBS admission 2023 on the official website www.fmsc.ac.in.
- In the registration form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details.
- Scanned copies of their photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the application form.
- During registration, the candidates will also have to pay a specified amount of registration fee.
- After successful registration, the candidates must take a printout of the registration form and fees receipt.
- Only those allotted a seat in the DU affiliated college should only register themselves or else their candidature will be cancelled and any fees submitted will not be refunded.
- The registration fee payment can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 1500/- for general and OBC candidates and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Fee once submitted will not be refunded.
DU MBBS 2023 Admission Process
- Candidates who are allotted a seat in DU University medical college by MCC and who have successfully registered themselves at the FMSC website will be eligible for admissions.
- Before granting final admissions, the eligibility and documents of the candidates will be verified.
- The applicants must report to the allotted institute along with their documents in original and photocopy.
- After successful verification, the candidates will be enrolled into the institutes.
- Those who fail to complete the admission formalities within the specified time limit will forfeit their seat.
The candidates reporting for admission must carry the following documents along with them. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered for admission.
- Printout of FMSC registration form
- Allotment letter issued by MCC
- Provisional admission registration cum fees slip
- Admit card of NEET exam 2023
- Valid scorecard of NEET exam 2023
- NEET exam 2023 result
- Aadhaar card
- Class 10th certificate for proof of age
- Mark sheets of class 12th
- Passing certificate of class 12th
- Latest certificate from the principal of school last attended (as per the Proforma given on the FMSC website)
- Character certificate from the principal of school last attended
- SC/ ST certificate of candidate and father both (if applicable)
- OBC certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Entitlement/ concession certificate (for CW category)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card (if applicable)
- Surety bond of Rs. 3 lakh signed by two sureties and duly attested by Notary