DTE Maharashtra is going to organize the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test most likely in the month of May 2022. Through MHT CET, candidates can get admission to various engineering and technology programmes. It is important for the candidates to get familiar with the MHT CET 2022 exam pattern to prepare for the exam accordingly. Understanding of exam pattern will help the candidates to know about the mode of exam, maximum marks, negative marking, total number of questions, language of question paper, type of questions that will be asked in the paper. Aspirants who want to apply for MHT CET examination 2022 must verify their eligibility criteria before starting the application filling up process. The entrance examination will comprise two papers i.e. Paper I (Mathematics) & Paper II (Chemistry and Physics). Applicants will have to qualify both the papers to proceed for further admission rounds. Candidates can check the complete details about MHT CET exam pattern 2022 in the article below:
MHT CET Exam Pattern important details
- The exam will comprise of questions based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- The language of exam will be Marathi or English or Urdu for Physics, & Chemistry and for Mathematics, the language will be English.
- The paper will comprise of multiple choice type questions and candidate has to circle one correct answer from out of the four available options.
- There will be no criteria for Negative Marking.
- In this exam, about 20% weightage will be given to class 11th syllabus and 80% weightage giving to class 12th
- In Paper I (Mathematics), 2 marks will be given for each correct answer and in Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry), one mark will be awarded.
- Both the papers will be comprised of 100 marks each.
- The duration of MHT CET will be for 90 minutes for each paper.
- The distribution of questions in both the papers along with marks is given below:
|Paper||Subjects||Number of questions based on|
|Std. XI||Std. XII||Marks|
- Please note that, for each question, only one circle should be filled and should be darkened properly.
- The candidate will have to mark the answer using black ink ballpoint pen only.
MHT CET syllabus 2022
The syllabus for MHT CET will be published on the official website of DTE Maharashtra. Candidates who are willing to appear in the exam are advised to go through the syllabus of 11th and 12th education completely. The question paper will comprise of the questions based on the whole syllabus of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Biology of 12th class and particular 11th standard topics.