The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts Common Entrance Test known as KCET to select candidates for admission into different courses. Selected candidates will be granted admissions into different government and private colleges situated in the state of Karnataka. Application form for the appearing in the exam might release in June 2023. The entrance test will be conducted hopefully in August 2023 through offline mode. Candidates can find the detailed information related to the KCET 2023 from this post.
- Kannada language test for specific candidates will only be held only in Bangalore. Such candidates should therefore select their exam city as Bangalore only.
- The examination center for CET will be assigned by the KEA Computers on random basis. No request for change in that will be entertained.
- No candidate shall be eligible for admission in case they fail to clear their qualifying exam before the commencement of counseling and admission process.
- Candidates must preserve their KCET admit card till the whole admission process is complete.
- For admission to B.Arch, the candidates must clear the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
KCET 2023 Exam Dates
In the table below, the official dates related to KCET 2023 are provided.
|Publication of notification in newspapers and KEA website||June 2023|
|Online application form release date||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Last date to pay the application fees in bank/ e-post office||To be updated|
|Commencement of correction in application form||To be updated|
|Last date for making correction in application form||To be updated|
|Availability of admit card||To be updated|
|Date of common entrance test||To be updated|
|Date of Kannada language test||To be updated|
|Verification of documents for Agriculturist quota candidates||To be updated|
|Date of practical examination of candidates under Agriculturist quota||To be updated|
KCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The course-wise eligibility criteria for KCET 2023 have been provided below.
B.Arch: A pass class 12th or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, PWD candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and in aggregate as well.
B.E/ B.Tech: The candidates should have cleared their class 12th with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, PWD candidates) in aggregate of Physics Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer. English as a subject in 10+2 level is also mandatory.
B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture/ Sericulture/ Horticulture/ Agriculture Marketing & Co-Op/ Forestry/ Community Science: Those who have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology are eligible.
B.Tech Biotechnology/ Agriculture Engineering/ Food Technology/ Food Science & Technology/ Dairy Technology: Applicants should have cleared their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
B.V.Sc & AH: A pass in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with not less than 50% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, PWD candidates) in their aggregate is required.
B.Pharma: The candidates should have cleared class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics obtaining at least 45% marks in aggregate.
2nd Year B.Pharma: Candidates should have passed Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India securing a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B, PWD candidates).
Pharma.D: Those who have done Diploma in Pharmacy or have cleared 12th class exam Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics can apply.
KCET 2023 Application Form
The application form for KCET 2023 will be released in online mode on the official website of KEA www.kea.kar.nic.in. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility requirements can submit their application before the last date.
- The application form can be filled by providing the basic personal and educational details of the candidates.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Once all the details are entered, the candidates can make final submission of the application form.
- Candidates should take care to provide all the details correctly into the form as incorrect applications might get rejected.
- A prescribed amount of application fee will also be required while submitting the application form.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled in application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The Karnataka CET 2023 application fee will be Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST/ women candidates).
- Application fee payment can be done via challan submission at the selected banks/ e-post office. The challan will be made available after signing the declaration in the application form.
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the KCET 2023 exam pattern is given below:
- Number of sessions: 4
- Duration of test: 80 minutes (each session)
- Number of questions: 60 in each session questions
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Mode of exam: Offline (OMR sheet)
- Total marks: 240
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be provided for each right answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
Check- KCET Syllabus
KCET 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates who submit their application successfully can download their admit card for KCET 2023 online.
- Admit card is made available on the official website of KEA around one week before the exam date.
- The applicants need to take a printout of the downloaded admit card and to carry it to the exam center on exam day.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam in absence of a valid admit card.
Karnataka CET 2023 Answer Key
- After the completion of the entrance test, provisional answer key will be published on the KEA website www.kea.kar.nic.in.
- The candidates can file their objections, if any, addressed to the ‘Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore’ on or before prescribed date.
- Objections can be submitted either in person or through speed post/ email.
- The objections received by the KEA will be placed before an Expert Committee, whose decision will be final for determination of the right answer key.
KCET 2023 Result
- Result of the KCET 2023 will be released online on the official website of KEA. For different courses, separate result sheets will be prepared.
- A merit list of the students will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance exam.
- Candidates can raise objections for the entries in the result sheet, except for the marks scored in them.
- After publication of result, the candidates will be invited to take part in the counseling round as per their merit.
KCET 2023 FAQs
- How can I get updates related to the KCET examination?
Ans.: Intimation about KCET will be sent to the candidates on their registered mobile number and email address. However, the candidates are suggested to visit the official website from time to time in case they might not receive the communication on these sources.
- What happens if someone who does not fulfill the eligibility criteria gets enrolled in a college through KCET?
Ans.: Candidates, who get admitted to a college and it is later found out that they do not fulfill the minimum requirements, their admissions will be cancelled. Any kind of fee submitted will be forfeited.
- How can I get the exam center of my choice?
Ans.: KCET is expected to be held at 54 different places in Karnataka. The candidates can provide their choice for exam city but cannot select the actual exam center. That decision will be made by the authorities conducting the exam and mentioned in your admit card.
- What is Kannada Language Test?
Ans.: The candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses and whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava, will have to undergo a test to establish Kannada language proficiency.
- How can I get admissions into Government seats through KCET?
Ans.: Seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their ranking in the entrance test. Government seats will be offered to those with good ranking. Only Indian national candidates are entitled for such seats.