Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority for admission in various courses like Engineering, Pharmacy etc in the state. Admission in MBBS, BDS and AYUSH courses will be done through NEET scores. For B.Arch course, NATA Score will be considered. Interested and eligible candidates seeking admission through KCET must fill and submit their application form on or before the due date. Before filling the application form, aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid out by the authority. Aspirants can check all important details about KCET Eligibility Criteria from the post mentioned on this page below.
KCET Eligibility Criteria
KCET eligibility criteria will be different for different courses. Aspirants can find the details on KCET eligibility criteria for various courses below:
The basic eligibility conditions for admission are-
- Successfully completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in general.
- Aspirants appearing in 10+2 final exam or equivalent are also eligible to apply.
|Course||Subject Combination in qualifying exam||Percentage Required|
|BE/B.Tech||English, Mathematics and Physics along with either Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics or Computer||45% for general candidates, 40% for SC/ST candidates|
|B.Pharma/D.Pharma||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology Diploma holders in Pharmacy from an institute recognized by Pharmacy Council of India are also eligible to apply.||45% for general candidates, 40% for SC/ST candidates|
|MBBS/BDS||English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||50% for general candidates, 40% for SC/ST candidates|
|B.Arch||Mathematics (Compulsory)||50% for general candidates, 45% for SC/ST candidates|
|Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga||English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||50% for general candidates, 40% for SC/ST candidates|
|B. Sc. (Agriculture/Sericulture/Forestry/Agri. Bio-Tech/Horticulture/Home Science/Agro Marketing) B. Tech (Food Technology/Dairy Technology/Agricultural Engineering)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English||Not Specified|
|B. V. Sci. & A.H||English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||50% for general candidates, 40% for SC/ST candidates|
- The syllabus of KCET exam will be based on the 1st and 2nd PUC syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
- It covers the topics from physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology subjects.
- Aspirants should go through the syllabus entirely and prepare as per their course.