J&K Board of professional entrance examination (JKBOPEE) is the authority that will conduct and manage the JK Polytechnic 2022 process. In this process, the candidates are shortlisted for admission into 3-year diploma in polytechnic for engineering courses. To select the candidates, the board will conduct a state-level entrance exam known as Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) Board of professional entrance test. After clearing this test, candidates will get admissions into different government and private polytechnic colleges in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. All the important details regarding the JK Polytechnic admission 2022 are provided in this article.
JK Polytechnic 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of JK Polytechnic Admission process is given below.
|Important events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||4th week of February 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||2nd week of March 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of March 2022|
|J&K PET 2022 examination||1st week of April 2022|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of April 2022|
|Publication of answer key||3rd week of April 2022|
|Beginning of counselling session||4th week of June 2022|
|Process of Admission||2nd week of August 2022|
J&K Polytechnic 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates who are looking to apply should fulfill the eligibility criteria given below.
- All the aspirant should be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir
- Candidates must have passed the class 10th examination from a recognized board of education.
- Applicants should have passed Science and Mathematics as the mandatory subject at class 10th level.
- The aspirant should have at least 40% marks ((for open category including CDP/ JKPM) & 37% marks (for reserved category as SC/ ST/ RBA/ ALC/ OSC).
- There is no age limit for admission to Jammu and Kashmir Polytechnic 2022.
J&K Polytechnic 2022 Application Form
The application process of J&K Polytechnic 2022 will take place in online mode. Those who are looking to appear for the entrance exam need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. Complete details related to the application process are explained in the points below.
- The application forms are expected to be available in the month of February 2022.
- To access the application form, candidates have to visit the official website and begin the registration process.
- After accessing the form, aspirants need to provide their educational, contact, and personal details.
- Apart from the details, applicants are also required to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Please note that the candidates must have a valid email Id and phone number in order to apply.
- Aspirants are also required to upload the following documents.
- Certificate of permanent residence
- 10th Certificate (Date of birth)
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 450/-
- Application fees need to be paid online using a credit card, debit card, and net banking.
J&K Polytechnic 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card will be made available online through the official website.
- To download the admit card, candidates need to provide their application number and password.
- The information about the examination schedule and examination venue address will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without having an admit card.
- It is compulsory to carry a photo ID proof along with an admit card at the time of examination.
J&K Polytechnic 2022 Exam Pattern
The pattern of exam for the JK Polytechnic 2022 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer-based Test)
- Type of questions: Objective type MCQ
- Language of questions: English
- Number of questions: 180
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Marking Pattern: 1 mark will be given for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Subject wise pattern of exam
|Subject||Number of questions||Marking Scheme|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks|
J&K Polytechnic 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of JK Polytechnic 2022 entrance exam is given below.
- Physics: magnetics effects of courses & sources of Energy, light, reflection & refraction, electricity, the human eye and the colourful world, etc.
- Chemistry: Carbon and its Compounds, Metals and Non-metals, Chemical reactions & equations, Periodic classification of elements, acids, bases and salts.
- Mathematics: Real numbers, Arithmetic progression, pair of linear equation in two variables, polynomials, quadratic equations, triangles, coordinate geometry, introduction to trigonometry, heights and distances, surface areas and volumes, probability.
- English: Pronouns – Type and Uses, conjunction – types & uses, models, reported speech, clauses, sentences patterns, past perfect – uses, To – infinitive, other sentences patterns.
J&K Polytechnic 2022 Result
- After conducting the exam, authorities will upload the answer keys on the official website.
- Candidates will get the facility to cross-check answer keys and get an estimate of the score.
- Soon after the answer key, the authorities will declare the result online.
- After the result, the board will also release a merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling process.
- Counselling is the final stage of the admission process.
- Please note that the counselling process will take place in online mode.
- During the counselling process, candidates have to provide the choice of course and colleges as per their preference.
- The allotment of seats will be done based on the merit and reservation.
- To take part in the counselling process, aspirants have to pay a certain amount as the counselling fee. Plus they also need to get their documents verified.
- The following documents will be required for verification purpose.
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Category certificate
- Permanent residence certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode, the examination will take place?
Answer: The exam will be held in online (Computer based test) mode.
Question – 2: Can I fill or submit the application form in offline mode?
Answer: The application process will take place in online mode only. Authorities will not accept an application form in any offline mode.
Question – 3: Is there any provision for negative marking?
Answer: Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect mark.
Question – 4: Is there any upper age limit for admission into private or government college?
Answer: There is no upper age limit applicable for admission into private or Government College.