GATE Syllabus 2021: Syllabus PDF Download
Candidates wishing to appear for GATE exam 2021 must go through the syllabus prescribed for it. With the help of the GATE syllabus 2021, candidates will get to know the complete information on the topics to be studied for the exam. The syllabus for GATE will typically be based on the specialization a candidate has completed his bachelor’s degree in. Therefore, candidates can prepare well in advance to qualify the exam. Majority of colleges and universities in India consider the GATE score for admission in master’s program offered by them. Not only this, GATE score is also considered by the PSU’s for recruitment in different departments. Therefore, it is important for the candidates to score well in the exam. In order to do so, they must plan their exam strategy keeping in mind the GATE syllabus specified by the authority.
GATE Syllabus 2021 – subject wise
The syllabus of GATE exam will include the topics in the subjects a candidate has done Bachelor’s in. GATE exam will be held for a total of 24 subjects. Candidates can appear for only one subject i.e. the subject of the discipline in which graduation is done. The subject “General Aptitude” will be common to all the candidates. Rest of the syllabus corresponds to the subject-specific level. On a general note, the syllabus is quite exhaustive. Therefore, candidates should leave no stone unturned to give their best performance in the exam. Candidates can check out the GATE 2021 syllabus from the link given in the table-
|GATE PAPER||Download syllabus|
|Aerospace Engineering||Click here|
|Agricultural Engineering||Click here|
|Architecture and Planning||Click here|
|Civil Engineering||Click here|
|Chemical Engineering||Click here|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||Click here|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Click here|
|Electrical Engineering||Click here|
|Ecology and Evolution||Click here|
|Geology and Geophysics||Click here|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Click here|
|Mechanical Engineering||Click here|
|Mining Engineering||Click here|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Click here|
|Petroleum Engineering||Click here|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||Click here|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||Click here|
|Engineering Mathematics||Click here|
|Fluid Mechanics||Click here|
|Materials Science||Click here|
|Solid Mechanics||Click here|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||Click here|
|Food Technology||Click here|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||Click here|
|Food Technology||Click here|
Important points to note
- Selection of the appropriate paper for GATE exam is the responsibility of the candidates.
- Candidates can only appear for one of the 24 papers mentioned in the post.
- Candidates should appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline in which they have earned their qualifying degree.
- However, candidates can also choose any one of the given papers as per their admission or employment plan keeping the eligibility criteria in mind for the institution in which they seek admission/employment.
- It is important for the candidates to note down the subject code for the paper they wish to appear in as they need to fill the information in the application form.