The Application Form of GATE exam 2022 has been released on 30th August 2021, and this process continue till 24th September 2021. Candidates can fill the application form online through GOAPS official website link. Note that, the scanned image of the photograph, signature, category certificate (ST/SC/PwD), certificate of qualifying degree, and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded while filling up the GATE online application. All the details entered by the candidate in the application form data should be accurate and genuine. The applicants should remember that the late or incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected by the official authority. Application forms against candidates, who are not meeting the eligibility criteria are also rejected. Through this post, candidates can check all the important details about GATE Application form 2022 like fee details, application form release date, guidelines on how to fill GATE Application form and other info etc.
Candidates should keep ready the following documents before filling GATE Application Form 2022
- Candidate name, mobile number, date of birth, email ID, parent’s name and mobile number
- Communication address with PIN code
- Qualifying degree information
- Choice of GATE paper in which you want to appear.
- Examination city choices
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph, signature and Thumb impression as per the following specification.
- Caste certificate scanned copy
- Degree certificate, mark sheet scanned copies
- ID proof which you will take to exam hall with GATE admit card.
Specifications for the Photograph:
- It should be in good quality and must go with the candidate’s appearance on the examination day.
- The photograph should be of passport size i.e. 3.4 cm width x 4.5 cm height and should show more 50% front face of the applicant.
- The background of the photograph must be white or of light colour and the main feature of the face must not be covered.
- The photograph of the candidate should be uploaded in JPEG format only. The size of the file should be in between 240×320 to 480×640.
- Candidates should make sure that the photograph is a coloured one, and has been clicked after August 01, 2019.
Specifications for signature
- Candidate should draw a rectangular box of 2cm x 7 cm on a white paper and write your signature inside the box with dark black or blue pen.
- The image of the signature has to be put in JPEG format.
- The size of the image should be between 80×280 pixels -160×560 pixels.
Application fee for GATE
The GATE application fee for all categories is listed below:
|All other candidates (Unreserved category)||Rs 1500|
|Female candidates||Rs 750|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs 750|
Payment mode: Candidates can make the payment of said application fee online by using either debit card or net banking or credit card. It should be noted that the application fee is neither refundable nor transferable under any situation.
GATE Application Procedure
The application process for GATE 2022 includes the following steps:
- The applicant can submit the application form through the GOAPS (GATE OAPS)
- The aspirant must have to first register him with the valid email id and mobile number.
- After registration, the applicant will get GOAPS id which should be kept safe.
- Then, enter the data in the application form of GATE. The required information is:
- Personal details
- Educational details
- Contact details.
- The candidate must have to check the entered details before proceeding further.
- Upload the digitally scanned image and signature in the prescribed format.
- After uploading the photo and signature, the candidate should proceed towards the payment of the fee which can be done either bank challan or via online mode.
- After payment, the candidate will get the Fee payment number which must be kept safe and also, the applicant has to enter this number at the time of final submission of the application form.
- Mobile photos are not accepted.
- The scanned photo must be clear and crisp.
- Photos with goggles, sunglasses, and hats are not allowed.
- The photo in the Application Form of GATE must be in jpeg format and the dimension of the photo is 3.5cm X 4.5cm.
Check here: GATE Exam Pattern info
How to fill and submit GATE Application Form 2022?
The step wise instructions to fill the application form are listed below:
- At first, candidates will have to complete the online registration process. To do so they need to access the GOAPS link.
- Now, click on the online registration link and enter details like Name, E-mail Address, and Country of Residence and create Password.
- Once you registered successfully, a registration confirmation message will be displayed.
- Along with this, the message of registration ID and OTP to set the password will also be sent to candidate’s registered mobile number and email address.
Filling the GATE Application form:
- By using the same registration id and password, the candidate should log in and access the application form. To fill the application form, click on “Start Gate Application Form 2021”. Thereafter, enter the following details in the form:
- Select the GATE 2021 exam paper in which you wish to appear.
- Choose examination country among the options available in the given list.
- Candidate’s Personal Details like Enrollment ID, name, E-mail Address, Mobile Number, Category, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, PwD Status, Country of Permanent Residence, State/Union Territory of Permanent Residence, ID Proof, Name of Parent/Guardian, Mobile number of Parent/Guardian, Country of Residence of Parent/Guardian, Correspondence Address and other info.
- After entering the personal details, the candidate needs to fill their academic qualification such as qualifying degree, the discipline of qualifying degree, College/University Name etc.
Upload the required documents
- Candidate should upload the scanned images of their Photograph, Signature as per the specifications given above.
- Apart from this, they have to upload Certificate from the HOD / Institute, Caste Certificate (if applicable), PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Application Fee Payment:
After completing the details filling up process, the candidates will have to pay the applicable application fee as mentioned above. On the successful payment of the fee, the candidates will get an auto-generated slip for the payment. Keep this safe for future reference.
Final Submission of application:
Candidates are advised to review the details mentioned in the form before clicking the final submit button. There is no need to submit the confirmation receipt to conducting body or any other body.
Application Link: Check Here