The Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) for admission to B.Tech programme is conducted by the Assam Science and Technology University. Through this exam, the candidates can get admissions in the different engineering colleges of Assam state. Application form for the exam is released in online mode form the month of March onwards. The entrance exam is most likely to be conducted as a pen and paper test in the month of September 2022. Candidates can find the detailed information about the Assam CEE 2023 from this article.
Assam CEE 2023
- Applicant’s need not send the hard copy of application form or any other document to the university office.
- Any tampering of the admit card will automatically lead to the disqualification of the candidate.
- Candidate’s name, roll number and photograph will be printed on OMR answer sheet. Any discrepancy in the details should be brought to the notice of the invigilator immediately.
- Note that the candidates will not be given a second blank OMR answer sheet in case of any error while answering. So answer carefully.
- Final selection of the candidates is subject to fulfillment of eligibility and verification of documents.
Assam CEE 2023 Important Dates
The important dates related to Assam CEE 2023 is given in the table below.
|Availability of online application form||September 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Admit card issue date||To be updated|
|Date of entrance test||To be updated|
|Publication of answer key||To be updated|
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
Assam CEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below to appear for Assam CEE 2023:
- The age of the candidates should be between 17 and 21 years as on 1st August 2023. Upper age limit is relaxed by 1 year in case of B.Sc pass candidates and 3 years for SC/ ST candidates.
- Candidate should be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Assam.
- Applicants should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in these subjects (45% in case of SC and 40% in case of ST candidates).
- English as a subject of study at the qualifying exam level is also mandatory.
- All the subjects should be passed in the same sitting without any grace marks.
- Candidate must possess a good moral character.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Assam CEE 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates can fill and submit their application form for Assam CEE 2023 through online mode. The application form will be made available on the official website of Assam Science and Technology University www.astu.ac.in.
- Candidates will have to provide the basic personal and academic details like name, date of birth, gender, class 12th marks obtained, passing year, etc in the application form.
- Soft copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded in the form in the prescribed format.
- The applicants will also be able to provide their choice for the exam center city into the application form.
- Duly filled application form should then be submitted online with the prescribed application fee.
- The applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it with them for any possible future correspondence.
- The application fee will be Rs. 650/- paid online using State Bank Collect through debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- Application fee once submitted is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Assam CEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The overview of the Assam CEE exam pattern 2023 is provided below.
- Duration of paper: 3 hours
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Question paper language: English and Assamese
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of question: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 480
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
Assam CEE 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card from the university website www.astu.ac.in from April 2023 onwards.
- For downloading the admit card, the candidates are required to use their application form number/ user name and password generated during application submission.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center in order to appear for the exam.
- To protect the admit card from loss or damage, the candidates are suggested to take multiple printouts of the same.
Assam CEE 2023 Exam Centers
The common entrance exam is expected to be conducted at the following centers:
Assam CEE 2023 Result
- The entrance exam result will be declared online expectedly in the month of May 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the official website of the university.
- Based on the marks scored in the exam, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in the order of ranking.
- The counseling process will be conducted on the basis of the candidates’ name in the merit list.
Assam CEE 2023 FAQs
Question 1: What if I see some mistake in my application form after its submission?
Answer: If any mistake is detected after submission of the application, it cannot be rectified by the University. However, you can submit a fresh application form. Application fee for the incorrect application will not be refunded.
Question 2: If I am not satisfied with my result can I ask for re-checking of my answer sheet?
Answer: Since the evaluation of the OMR answer sheets will be done by computer, there shall be no provision for manual re-checking and re-evaluation.
Question 3: What is the specification for the scanned documents that need to be uploaded into the application form?
Answer: Size of the photograph should be maximum 35 kb and minimum 20 kb. Size of signature should be maximum 30 kb and minimum 15 kb. The photograph and signature should be either in ‘.jpeg’ or ‘.jpg’ format.