Similarly to the AIIMS MBBS exam, the AIIMS PG 2022 exam will also be conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi. This exam offers admission to MD, MS, M.Ch (6 years), DM (6 years) and MDS programmes in various AIIMS across India. AIIMS PG 2022 will be conducted twice, once for the January session and once for the July session.
This exam is one of the top postgraduate medical entrance exams of the county. According to the latest notification, the basic registration process for AIIMS July 2022 session has been started. In this post, we are providing complete details regarding the AIIMS PG 2022 exam such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
AIIMS PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to appear for the AIIMS PG 2022 exam.
- For MD/MS: The candidate must have an MBBS degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for the candidate from SC/ST category)
- For MDS: The applicant must possess a BDS degree with at least 55% mark (50% for the candidate from SC/ST category)
- The candidate must have completed the required internship/Practical training of the prescribed period of 12 months on or before the 30th July 2022.
AIIMS PG 2022 Application Form
The aspirants have to fill and submit their AIIMS PG 2022 application form through the official website i.e. www.aiimsexam.org. The candidates have to enter all the necessary educational, personal and contact details in the application form. Along with the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression on the application form.
Acknowledge of successful submission of application form will be sent to the registered email id of the candidate.
The application fee for AIIMS PG 2022 is given below:
- General and OBC Candidates: Rs. 1500 /-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 1200/-
- Persons with Bench-mark Disabilities (PWBD) – Exempted
Mode of Payment
- The application fee will be paid only via online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
AIIMS PG 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for AIIMS PG 2022 exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours for MD/MS and 1 hour 30 Minutes for MDS
- Language of Question Paper: English
- Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 200 for MS/MD and 90 for MDS
- Marking Scheme: one mark will be awarded for a correct answer and one third mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
AIIMS PG 2022 Syllabus
The AIIMS, New Delhi has not prescribed any syllabus for AIIMS PG exam. The candidates need to follow the syllabus they have studied during their MBBS or BDS degree programme.
The entrance test for MD/MS course will cover the subjects taught at the MBBS level. The entrance test for MDS will be covering the subjects of BDS programme.
AIIMS PG 2022 Preparation Strategy
AIIMS PG can be a very tough nut to crack if you are not prepared well. Candidates may follow the tips given below in order to prepare for the AIIMS PG 2022 exam in a better way.
- Understand the syllabus and Exam pattern: The first step of a good preparation is to understand the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam. This will help you make effective preparation strategy for the exam.
- Study from good study material: After understanding the syllabus, the next step is to find out the best books and study material as per the syllabus.
- Do regular Studies: There is no substitute for hard work. You need to do regular studies in order to clear this exam. Make a practical time table and follow it as much as you can.
- Solve previous year sample papers and mock tests: The previous year sample paper and mock tests can help you simulate the exams. Solving sample paper is the best way to build up speed which can be crucial at the time of exam.
- Make short term Goal: You should also set some kind of daily, weekly and monthly goals for yourself. Try and achieve these short term goals and you will be prepared for the final exam automatically.
Recommended Books for AIIMS PG 2022
There are a lot of books available for AIIMS PG 2022 preparation. Some of the recommended books that candidates may follow for the preparation are as follows:
- Physiology by Soumen Manna and Arvind Arora
- Anatomy by B.D Chaurasia
- Biochemistry by Rebecca James
- Radiology and Dermatology by Arvind Arora
- Orthopedics by J Maheshwari
- Medicine by Deepak Marwah.
AIIMS PG 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for all the registered candidates will be uploaded on the official website. The candidates have to download and print their admit card as the institute will not send it by post or by email. In case, the admit card of any candidate is not available online then he/she should contact the Assistant Controller of Examination, AIlMS, New Delhi – 110608 immediately.
It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry a valid Admit card along with one photo id proof at the time of exam.
AIIMS PG 2022 Result
The result of AIIMS PG 2022 exam will be announced on the official website. It is expected the result for the January session of AIIMS PG 2022 will be declared in the month of November 2019. Depending upon the result separate merit list will be prepared for all the categories. There will be no provision for re-checking or re-evaluation.
AIIMS PG Counselling 2022
After the declaration of result, the shortlisted candidates will be invited for the AIIMS PG 2022 counseling process. To familiarize candidates with the counseling process, the institute will provide the facility of a mock round of counselling. During the counseling process, the candidates have to enter their choices of institutes. The admission will be granted on the basis of choice filled by the candidate and merit list. The candidates have to get their documents verified at the time of counselling.
Official website: http://mdmsmch.aiimsexams.org/