The candidates hoping to appear for the SAAT must fulfill certain basic eligibility requirements. The SAAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 will be different for different course. For bachelor’s degree programme, the candidates should clear their class 12th and for master’s degree programme, bachelor’s degree in the relevant field is required. The candidates who completely satisfy the eligibility criteria can proceed for submitting SAAT Application Form 2021.
SAAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
The detailed eligibility criteria for different programs for which SAAT will be conducted are given below:
For Bachelor Degree Programmes
- B.Tech: The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Informatics/ Statistics/ Technical Vocational subject or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority with at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates).
- B.Pharma: Those who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biology are eligible.
- BHMCT: The applicants who have cleared the class 12th exam with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) can apply for SAAT.
- B.Sc in Nursing (Basic): A pass in the 10+2 exam with an aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and a pass in English is required. The lower age limit as on 31st December 2021 is 17 years.
- Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing: Those who have passed the GNM exam and are registered with concerned State Nursing Council can apply.
- BBA: The candidates who have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board are eligible.
- BCA: A pass in 10+2 in any stream with Mathematics as a subject is necessary.
- B.Sc in Agriculture: The applicants need to clear their class 12 exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and/ or Mathematics securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates). The lower age limit as on 31st December 2021 is 17 years.
- BA LLB (Hons) and BBA.LLB (Hons): A pass in 10+2 in any stream with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST and 42% for OBC category candidates) is necessary.
For Master Degree Programmes
|VLSI Designing and Embedded System/ Microelectronics/ Digital Signal & Image Processing/ Communication System Engineering||Those who have passed M.Sc (Electronics) or B.Tech in the relevant field with 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) are eligible.|
|Computer Science & Data Processing||The candidates should have passed MCA/ M.Sc (Mathematics) or B.Tech in the relevant field with 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates).|
|Power Electronics & Drives/ Energy Technology & Management/ Renewable Energy Engineering & Management/ Power Systems & Power Electronics/ Structural/ Geotechnical/ Thermal Science & Heat Power Engineering/ Manufacturing Sciences & Engineering/ Mechanical System Design||A pass in B.Tech in the relevant field with 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) is required.|
|Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science & Informatics||M.Sc in Computer Science or IT or B.Tech in the relevant field with 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) is necessary.|
|Environmental Science & Technology||A candidate with B.Tech. (Environmental/ Chemical/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Metallurgy) or M.Sc (Environmental Science/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Geology/ Life Science/ Botany/ Zoology) is eligible.|
|Material Science & Technology||The applicants should have done M.Sc (Physics/ Chemistry) or B.Tech (Electronics & Communication/ Electrical Engineering)|
|Biotechnology||Those with B.Tech/BE in related field or M.Sc in Physics/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Life Science or equivalent/ MBBS/ B.Pharm/ B.V.Sc with Biology as a subject at 10+2 level are eligible.|
M.Pharma: The candidates should have passed B.Pharm from any recognized university with at least 55% marks.
MCA: Those with a 3-year bachelor degree in any discipline securing a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) and Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level are eligible.
MBA/ MHA/ MHM/ MTTM: The candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any stream securing 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) in the aggregate of the qualifying exam can apply.
|Biotechnology/ Nanoscience & Nanotechnology/ Medicinal & Aromatic Plants/ Molecular Biology||Those with a graduate degree in the related field from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) are eligible.|
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||The candidates with the B.Sc (Honors) degree in the related subjects can apply.|
|Chemical Biology & Drug Design||A pass in B.Sc Chemistry (Honours)/ B.Tech Chemical Engineering/ B.Pharm/ M.Pharma with a least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates) is required.|
|Nursing||Those who have passed B.Sc Nursing (Basic/ Post Basic) with 55% aggregate marks from an institution recognized by INC with minimum one year experience in teaching or clinical area after registration in respective State Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife are eligible.|
|Agriculture||The applicants should have passed B.Sc Agriculture/ Horticulture with OGPA 6.5 and GPA 7.0 on 10 point scale (OGPA 5.5 And GPA 6.0 for SC/ ST/ PH category). The lower age limit as on 31st December 2020 is 21 years.|
LLM: The candidates with a bachelor’s degree in law are eligible.
MBA (Agribusiness): B.V.Sc & AH/ B.Tech (Agriculture/ Dairy Science/ Biotechnology)/ B.F.Sc/ B.Sc/ BAMS/ B.Tech/ B.Com/ BBA with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PH candidates and 55% for Graduate of Agriculture and allied subjects).
For Lateral Entry Programmes
B.Tech in Engineering, Pharmacy & Hotel Management: Those with a diploma in a related field (or B.Sc degree with mathematics at class 12 for engineering) with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% for reserved category candidates) are eligible.
MCA: Candidates with BCA, B.Sc in Information Technology (H)/ Computer Science (H) or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level or at Graduation Level and at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) at the qualifying examination from any recognized university can apply.
The candidates appearing in their qualifying exam in the year 2021 are also eligible. Such candidates will have to produce the proof of passing the qualifying exam at the time of counseling.