The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is one of the reputed institutes of Medical Sciences in India. AIIMS PG will be organized by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. It is a national level entrance exam to offer Postgraduate courses in MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch. The selection of the candidates in the mentioned courses will be done through an entrance examination which is conducted in Online mode (Computer-based Test). The exam is conducted two times in a year, one in January and second in July. To appear in the test, candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria as set by the Institute. Here in this article, we are going to tell you about the complete AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 so that you don’t need to switch to multiple sources to check it.
AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria 2021
For MD/MS/MDS/M.Ch (6 years)/DM (6 years) Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: must possess MBBS degree from the university recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India respectively.
- Internship: must have finished 12 months of rotating internship/practical training on or before January 2021.
- Minimum Marks: must have secured minimum 55% marks in aggregate for all categories including OBC and 50% marks in aggregate for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying exam.
For DM/MCh & MD (Hospital Administration):
- Age Criteria: Maximum 35 years as on 1st January 2021.
- Relaxation:3 years age relaxation for OBC category and 5 year age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
- Qualifying Exam: must possess degree in MD/MS or DNB from a MCI recognized University.
AIIMS PG Exam Pattern
Candidates should check AIIMS PG exam pattern details as provided below:
- Mode: online (CBT) mode.
- Duration:180 minutes for the MD/MS courses and 90 minutes for MDS course.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions.
- Number of Questions:200 questions from MD/MS and 90 questions form MDS.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for the correct answer.
- Negative Marking:33 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Ineligibility Conditions for AIIMS PG
Aspirants must know the repercussions of providing false information to the authorities; they are advised to check the following aspects of non-eligibility too just for precautions.
- Aspirants who don’t fulfill the AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 or provide incorrect information only to appear in the exam for practice purpose will be debarred from the exam permanently.
- Aspirant, who have not completed their mandatory one-year internship or are expected to complete it after July 2021 CANNOT apply for AIIMS PG.
- Students who secured less than prescribed minimum qualifying marks by AIIMS Delhi will not be allowed to appear for the entrance exam.