The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) annually invites the candidates for admission in different UG courses offered by the colleges in the state. To be eligible for admission, candidates need to appear WBJEE 2021 entrance test. Interested candidates can apply for the entrance exam by filling the online application form. The form will most probably be released in the last week of December 2020.
Through WBJEE 2021, candidates can get admission in the UG programs of engineering and technology, pharmacy and architecture. Students should go through the eligibility criteria before they proceed for the application form. The exam will be conducted in offline mode where an OMR answer sheet will be distributed among the candidates to mark the answers. Admission in government colleges will be given to the candidates who are domicile of West Bengal. Candidates belonging to other states can apply for private colleges in the state.
WBJEE 2021 Highlights
- There will be no printed application form made available by the authority. Candidates can apply for the exam only via online mode.
- Candidates must possess a valid email id and an active mobile number to register for the examination.
- The details in the application form cannot be edited once it is submitted successfully.
- Duplicate applications will be rejected by the authority.
- Candidates must not share their application number, password, security question/answer with anyone.
- Candidates wishing to appear for both the papers (paper-I and paper-II) will be eligible for admission in all the stated programs. However, those appearing only for paper-II shall be eligible for admission in pharmacy course (except in Jadavpur University).
- Candidates can challenge the answer key within a notified time period on a payment of Rs. 500/- per question. The amount can be paid online and shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
The tentative dates for WBJEE 2021 examination are as follows-
|Application form releasing date||Last week of December 2020|
|Last date to submit the form||4th week of January 2021|
|Application form correction window||Till last week of January 2021|
|Admit card releasing date||2nd week of May 2021|
|Exam date||3rd week of May 2021|
|Publishing of result||4th week of June 2021|
Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2021
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria in order to apply for the entrance test. Ineligible candidates won’t be permitted to take the test.
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals can apply for the WBJEE entrance examination.
Age limit: The age of the candidates should not be less than 17 years old as on 31st December 2021. There is no upper age limit for appearing in the exam. However, for admission in marine engineering, the upper age limit for candidates is 25 years old as on 31st December 2021.
- Engineering course: Candidates must have passed class 12th examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer science, Computer application, and Technical vocation subject as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks. They should have scored minimum 45% marks in aggregate. Candidates also should have passed in English subject in class 12th with at least 30% marks.
- Pharmacy course: Applicants should have completed class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects and have obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate. They should also have passed in English subject with minimum 30% marks. The criteria for admission in Jadavpur University differ accordingly. For Jadavpur University, candidates should have obtained 60% aggregate marks in the subjects stated above.
- Architecture course: Candidates should have passed class 12th with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. They must qualify the NATA or Paper-II of JEE Main exam in order to be eligible for admission in the said course.
Note: Candidates from reserved category can claim relaxation in age and marks as per the rules.
WBJEE 2021 Application form
The application form for WBJEE examination can only be filled online i.e. by visiting the official website of the WBJEEB Board. Candidates should keep their scanned copy of photograph and signature ready as they will be asked to upload while filling the form. The details in the application form will include- personal details like name, father’s name, DOB, gender etc, educational details, payment details and other relevant information. The information entered in the application form should match exactly with the school documents.
In case the applicants commit a mistake in filling the form, they can make changes in the same through the application correction window. They also need to pay a requisite amount of application fee towards the exam. Incomplete applications or those received without the application fee shall be rejected outright. The filled-in application form should be submitted on or before the due date specified by the authority.
Application fee: Applicants need to pay a sum of Rs. 500/- as the application fee for the exam. Bank charges might be levied on the fee. Payment of fee can be made through net baking, credit card and debit card.
The exam pattern of the WBJEE examination is provided below-
- Exam mode: Offline (OMR based)
- Duration: 2 hours for each paper
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total papers: Two i.e. paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (Physics and Chemistry)
- Medium: English only
- Marking scheme: There will be questions carrying 1 mark and 2 marks.
- Negative marking: 25 marks will be deducted from category-I and 0.5 marks from category-II and III.
|Papers||Subjects||Total number of questions||Total Marks|
|II||Physics and Chemistry||80||100|
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of WBJEE 2021 exam will be based on the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and class 12th respectively. Candidates need to prepare the subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry to crack the exam with good marks.
How to prepare for WBJEE examination?
- Prepare a daily routine and stick to it no matter what. Make the timetable in such a way so that you can follow it without extra efforts.
- Stay away from distractions when you sit for studies. Keep your mobile phone away before you begin your preparation.
- Go through the previous year question bank to kick start your preparation. This will help you in analyzing the topics where more focus is required.
- Pay attention to the basic concepts first and then only move for the complex ones.
- The admit card for WBJEE 2021 examination can be downloaded from the official website of the board i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in.
- The board will release the hall ticket a week prior to the commencement of the entrance test.
- Applicants need to download the hall ticket and take it printout.
- They must carry the hall ticket to the exam venue as entry without the admit card will not be permitted.
- The admit card must not be torn or damaged.
- In case a candidate needs a duplicate admit card then they must apply to the board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- through DD drawn in favour of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable at Kolkata.
WBJEE Merit list 2021
- Two separate merit lists will be prepared by the board based on the papers a candidate has appeared in.
- One will be general merit list and the other will be pharmacy merit list.
- The general merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in paper-I and paper-II taken together.
- However, the pharmacy merit list will be drawn according to the marks scored by the candidates in paper-II only.
- Counselling or seat allotment will strictly be done according to the given merit lists only.
Result and counselling
- The authority will release an answer key shortly after the examination is over.
- The result of WBJEE 2021 will be declared online and candidates can check their result by logging into the web portal.
- Result will be published in form of a rank card depicting the rank scored by the candidates in the exam.
- Only those candidates will be invited for counselling who are allotted a rank. Such candidates will undergo the counselling process where a seat will be allocated to them in a college/course based on their rank, preference given during the counselling and the number of seats available for that particular course.