SSC Constable GD 2023: Candidates interested for recruitment to the post of Constables (General Duty) in BSF, CISF, CRPF, etc can apply for SSC Constable GD 2023 exam. The application form for the same will be made available through the online mode. The applicants will have to appear for and clear an online test, PST/ PET and DME/ RME to be eligible for these posts. Staff Selection Committee (SSC) holds the responsibility of conducting the online exam and rest process will be carried out by the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
SSC Constable GD 2023
- Selection of Constable GD in NIA and SSF will be done on All India basis whereas in all other CAPFs on the basis of vacancies arising in States/ UTs.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
- Admit card for any stage of examination will not be sent by post and should be downloaded on time without fail.
- PET will not be held for Ex-servicemen candidates and are only required to give their measurement of height, chest and weight.
- Candidates are advised to be very careful and should exercise due diligence while giving preferences of forces/ organizations.
SSC Constable GD 2023 Important Dates
The important dates (tentative) related to SSC Constable GD 2023 exam are given below.
|Opening of online application process||3rd week of July 2022|
|Last date to complete the application process||To be announced later|
|Admit card release date||To be announced later|
|Date of online exam||To be announced later|
|Announcement of result||To be announced later|
|Admit card release date for PET/ PST||To be announced later|
|Date of PET/ PST||To be announced later|
|DME/ RME and document verification||To be announced later|
|Announcement of final result||To be announced later|
SSC Constable GD 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check out the eligibility criteria mentioned below for appearing in the SSC Constable GD exam:
|Nationality||Candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Domicile||Vacancies are state/ UT wise hence a candidate must submit domicile/ PRC against his/ her state/ UT.|
|Age||Age of the candidate should be 18-23 years as on 1st August 2023.|
|Qualification||Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University is required.|
|Others||Candidates who will acquire the essential educational qualification on or before 1st August 2023 are eligible too.
Physical and mental fitness are must to be eligible for this post.
Relaxation in upper age:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen: 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat: 5 years (unreserved candidates), 8 years (OBC candidates) and 10 years (SC/ ST candidates)
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989: 5 years
SSC Constable GD 2023 Application Form
The candidates can fill and submit their SSC Constable GD application form in online mode. It is expected that the application form will be released in the month of July 2022 and can be obtained from the website www.ssc.nic.in.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format into the application form.
- Choice for exam center city can be provided by the candidates into the application form only.
- Duly-filled application form should then be submitted online with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the application form should be taken by the candidates and kept safe for future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- except for women, SC/ ST and Ex-Servicemen candidate who are exempted from fee payment.
- Payment of application fee can be done via debit card/ credit card, SBI net banking or through SBI challan.
SSC Constable GD 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for SSC Constable GD exam is given below:
- Exam mode: Online
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Medium of test: English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
|Topics||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
SSC Constable GD 2023 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus for the SSC Constable GD 2023 exam is given as:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Relationship Concepts, Similarities And Differences, Analogies, Visual Memory, Spatial Visualization, Spatial Orientation, Discrimination, Observation, Arithmetical Reasoning & Figural Classification, etc
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions related to India and its Neighboring Countries related to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution and Scientific Research etc
- Elementary Mathematics: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals & Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, etc
- English/ Hindi: Basic Understanding of English/ Hindi and Basic Comprehension
SSC Constable GD 2023 Admit Card
- The SSC Constable GD exam admit card will be available for download on the website of concerned regional/ sub-regional offices.
- Candidate should take printout of their admit card and carry it along with an identity proof while reporting for the exam.
- In case of any trouble in downloading the admit card, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned regional/ sub-regional office.
- Applicants must report for the exam at the center, date and time as mentioned in their admit card.
SSC Constable GD 2023 Result
- Candidates who qualify the online examination can check their names in the list published by the commission of its website.
- After that, Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be conducted.
- Clearing both these rounds will only make the candidates eligible for medical exams, document verification and further selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What documents do I need to submit at the time of application submission?
Answer: The process of application is totally online and the candidates need not submit any documents at the time of application. Physical documents will be required at the time of verification conducted after clearing all the rounds of selection.
Question 2: How can I make payment through challan?
Answer: You can download the challan from the official website of SSC after completing the filling of application form. This challan along with some cash should then be deposited in any branch of SBI. The bank will return you a candidates’ copy to keep as a proof of fee payment.
Question 3: What is Review Medical Examination (RME)?
Answer: Candidates, in the presence of proper evidence, can appeal against the findings of the Initial Medical Examination. If the appeal is accepted by CAPF Appellate Authority, Review Medical Examination of the candidate will be conducted by CAPF RME Board.
Question 4: How would I know if I have qualified for PET/ PST and DME/ RME?
Answer: A call letter will also be sent to the candidates who clear the online exam on the CRPF website www.crpf.gov.in. However, the candidates are suggested to visit official websites regularly for any update on recruitment process.