Enrolment into different engineering institutes of Madhya Pradesh is offered on the basis of candidates’ performance in Joint Entrance Exam. JEE Main qualified candidates are eligible to participate in the counseling conducted by Directorate of Technical Education. Candidates are suggested to make sure that they meet the eligibility requirements for admission. This article presents the complete details of MP BTech Admission 2023 in a nutshell. Final admission to any institute is subject to verification of documents and eligibility of the candidates.
MP BTech Admission 2023
- No state-level entrance exam is held for admission into engineering colleges of Madhya Pradesh and admission is done on the basis of JEE.
- Counseling for admission into engineering colleges of MP is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Admission into Indian Institute of Technology Indore will only be given to the IIT Advance qualified candidates. DTE has no role in admission to this institute.
- Complete process of MP BTech Admission 2023 will be online and for convenience of candidates help centers will be established too.
- For cancellation of admission, the candidates are required to visit the allotted institute or nearest help centers.
Top Engineering Colleges in MP
Some of the prominent institutes situated in the state of Madhya Pradesh are listed below.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management
- VIT University Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhopal
- Institute Of Engineering and Technology, Devi Ahilya University (IET-DAVV), Indore
- Indian Institute Of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Jabalpur
- Ujjain Engineering College, Ujjain
- Rustamji Institute of Technology, Gwalior
- Barkatullah University Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Colleges of Madhya Pradesh select the candidates for admission into the BTech courses according to their performance in JEE exam.
JEE Main: Admission into different engineering institutes of MP will be offered on the basis of candidates’ score in JEE Main exam 2023. This is a national level exam conducted by NTA in the month of January and April.
JEE Advanced: For admission into Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore, the candidates will have to clear JEE Advance exam. This exam is held for those qualify JEE Main and is organized by IITs on rotational basis.
How to apply for MP BTech Admission 2023?
The candidates hoping to get enrolled into the engineering institutes of MP will have to apply for JEE main exam. Application form for the same can be obtained through online mode. To fill the form, the candidates will have to provide basic personal and academic details and upload important documents. A specific amount of application fee will also be submitted along with the application form.
Eligibility Criteria for MP BTech Admission
Basic eligibility requires that the candidate should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board/ university. Different institutes might have their own additional requirements that must be satisfied by the candidates before applying for admission.
The complete MP BTech Admission 2023 process is broken into the following parts:
- Online Registration
Candidates who clear the JEE Main exam will have to register themselves online by visiting the official website of DTE, Govt. of MP dte.mponline.gov.in. Those who register themselves successfully will be allowed to provide the course and college choice for admission.
- Choice Filling
The applicants will have to provide their choice for branch/ institute in which they seek admission. The choice must be provided in the order of preference as allotment of seat will be done according to this only.
- Release of Merit List & Allotment Letter
A merit list of all the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their rank and published on the official website. Allotment letters of the candidates will also be made available on the website that must be downloaded by the students. The allotment letter will be required at the time of reporting to the institute for admission.
- Document Verification
Candidates will have to report to the nearest help center along with their original documents for verification. Those who wish to appear in the further rounds of counseling will have to get their documents verified just once.
- Final Admission
Once the documents are verified successfully, the candidates should report to the allotted institute to complete the formalities of admission.
The following are the important documents that must be verified by the candidates before taking admission into the engineering colleges:
- JEE scorecard
- JEE admit card
- Class 12th mark sheet & passing certificate
- Certificate for date of birth
- Category certificate, if applicable
- PWD certificate, if applicable
- Allotment letter
- Proof of successful document verification
- Passport size photographs