JEE Advanced is a national level entrance exam organized by eminent institutes of the country i.e. IITs for admission in UG, PG and other courses in engineering, architecture, science or pharmaceutical offered them. JEE Advanced provides a doorway for Aspirants to get admissions in the premier institutes of India.
Aspirants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before they proceed for application form filling process. To reduce the time that most of the aspirants waste in searching for reliable information regarding the exam by going through multiple sources, we’ve provided them with a one-stop solution for information & news related to JEE Advanced. Here in this article, aspirants will get to know all the details exhaustively regarding JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022.
Check JEE Advanced eligibility relaxation below:
Important Dates of JEE Advanced
Only the aspirants who have qualified JEE MAIN can apply for JEE Advanced. Those aspirants who qualify JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022 are required to note down the following important dates & events associated with the exam for quick reference.
|Availability of Online Application form||4th week of April 2022|
|Last Date to submit the form||1st week of May 2022|
|Releasing of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2022|
|Exam Date||3rd week of May 2022|
|Answer Key Announcement||1st week of June 2022|
|Result Announcement||2nd week of June 2022|
|Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test(AAT)||2nd week of June 2022|
|Exam Date (AAT)||2nd week of June 2022|
|Result Declaration (AAT)||3rd week of June 2022|
|Seat allotment beginning||3rd week of June 2022|
JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022
Aspirants are recommended to skim through the eligibility criteria and check if they satisfy the JEE Advanced Eligibility 2022 or not. The eligibility criteria for the exam is stated below –
No. of Attempts: Maximum 2 attempts in consecutive years.
Age Criteria: Must have born on or after 1st October 1995 for General category & 5 years of Age Relaxation for SC/ST & PwD categories.
JEE MAIN Performance Eligibility 2022
To be eligible for JEE Advanced, it is mandatory for students to first appear in JEE Main.
Performance in JEE Main
- Aspirants should secure rank under top 224000 (including all categories) in Paper 1 of JEE Main.
Performance of Class 12th or its Equivalent
- Aspirant should have appeared for the Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in either 2020 or 2021.
- Aspirants must have secured 75% aggregate marks (General category) and 65% for SC/ST and PwD candidates. OR
- He/She should be in the top 20 percentile assigned category-wise.
- The aggregate marks will be calculated on the basis of given subjects –
(d) A Language
(e) Any subject (other than above-mentioned subject).
- If PCM and Language are not assessed in final year (let’s say, a 3-year diploma course), then the marks for same subject from the previous year will be used for calculating percentage.
- Similarly for Boards following semester system, the marks scored in last two semesters will be considered.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th or its equivalent examination in 2021 but appearing one of the subject in 2022 improvement then, aggregate percentage will be evaluated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.
Earlier Admission in IITs
- Aspirants admitted in IIT/ISM in the past or who have accepted any seat in IIT/ISM by reporting at the reporting centre is not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- Aspirants whose admissions were cancelled at IITs/ ISM cannot apply for the exam.
Exams considered as 12th Equivalent
- It includes the finals of 10+2 which is conducted by Central /State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the AIU.
- Final exams of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy (NDA).
- HSC Examination conducted by NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) with a minimum five subjects.
- Any school/Board/ University exam in India or a foreign country that is recognized by AIU as 10+2 system.
- Aspirants having 3-year diploma course recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- Aspirant having GCE examination from London, Cambridge & Sri Lanka at the A level can also apply for the exam.
- Aspirant having either HSC examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma from Geneva.
- In case aspirants passed the qualifying examination from outside India or from a Board not mentioned above, they are required to produce the relevant certificate from AIU.
- If Class XII examination is not a public examination, the aspirants must have cleared at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.