The Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET 2023) will be conducted by the univeristy for admission into its different degree programmes like B.Tech, BCA, B.Com, B.Ed, M.Ed, LLM, etc. Application forms for different programmes will be released separately and so will be the exams conducted. Candidates can apply for as much number of programmes as they wish given that they fulfill the eligibility for the same. Important details related to the common entrance test are provided in this post below.
IPU CET 2023 Major Highlights
- Candidates must report to the exam center with their admit card or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Ineligible candidates will be debarred from continuing the course even if they secure a seat by false means.
- Answer key will be released by the authorities after the exam is over. Candidates can submit their grievances for the same along with a fee of Rs. 1000/-.
- Candidate must submit the OMR answer sheet and test booklet to the Invigilator before leaving the examination hall.
- Final selection is not given upon mere clearing of the CET and is subject to various other conditions.
IPU CET Important Dates 2023
The tentative dates related to IPU CET 2023 are given in the table below.
|Courses||Last date to submit the application form||Entrance exam date||Declaration of result|
|B.Tech||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023||1st week of June 2023|
|BBA||1st week of May 2023||Last week of May 2023||2nd week of June 2023|
|BCA||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|B.Com||2nd week of April 2023||1st week of May 2023||3rd week of May 2023|
|B.Ed||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|LLB||1st week of May 2023||3rd week of May 2023||Last week of May 2023|
|M.Tech||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|MBA||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|MCA||1st week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|M.Ed||2nd week of April 2023||3rd week of April 2023||1st week of May 2023|
|LLM||2nd week of April 2023||3rd week of April 2023||1st week of May 2023|
IPU CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for IPU CET 2023:
For undergraduate courses:
- B.Tech: The candidates should have passed the class 12th exam with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. A pass in English as a subject of study is also required.
- BBA: Those who have passed their class 12th exam with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and have also passed in English subject can apply.
- BCA: A pass in class 12th with pass in English or three year Diploma in a branch of Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- B.Com: The applicants should have passed class 12th with 50% in aggregate.
- B.Ed: Bachelors Degree and/or in the Masters degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities, with at least 50% marks or BE/ B.Tech with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks is required.
- LLB: Applicants should have cleared their class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed in English subject.
For postgraduate courses:
- M.Tech: The candidates should have done BE/ B.Tech in relevant field in order to apply for M.Tech programmes.
- MBA: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or a pass in the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India is required.
- MCA: Applicants with a bachelor’s Degree and a pass in Mathematics and English at least at 10+2 level or BCA/ BIT/ BIS/ BE/ B.Tech scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- M.Ed: Candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks in B.Ed/ BA B.Ed/ B.Sc B.Ed/ B.El.Ed/ D.El.Ed with an undergraduate degree with 50% marks.
- LLM: LLB Degree as required by the Bar Council of India for Enrollment as an Advocate or an equivalent Law Degree from a Foreign University with not less than 50% marks is required.
IPU CET Application Form 2023
- The application form for IPU CET 2023 will be released online on the official website of the University.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- Candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded in the application form in scanned format.
- After providing all the details correctly into the form, the candidates can submit it with the prescribed application fee.
- The application fee for appearing in the common entrance test is Rs. 1000/-.
- Application fee once submitted will neither be refunded nor transferred under any circumstance.
- Upon successful submission, a printout of the application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
IPU CET Exam Pattern 2023
The overview of the IPU CET 2023 exam pattern is given below. For some papers, there might be certain deviation from the data given below.
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2:30 hours
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for every right answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
|BBA||English Language & Comprehension||25%|
|Logical and Analytical Ability||25%|
|Aptitude related to Management and Communication Skills||25%|
|BCA||English Language & Comprehension||15%|
|General Knowledge- IT & Science Related||25%|
|Mental Ability and Reasoning||40%|
|Aptitude for Teaching||20%|
|LLB||English Language and Comprehension||25%|
|Legal Aptitude- General Legal Awareness and Understanding & Application of Legal Principles||25%|
|MBA||English Language & Comprehension||30%|
|Reasoning Ability & Data Interpretation||30%|
|English Language & Comprehension||25%|
|Logical and Analytical Ability||25%|
|General Awareness and Logical Reasoning||30%|
|English/ Communication Skills||30%|
|LLM||General Knowledge (including English Language)||20%|
|Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Commercial Law & Family Law||30%|
|Public International Law, Human Rights Law and Environment Law||30%|
|Current Trends in Law||20%|
IPU CET 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card to appear for the common entrance test will be made available on the official website.
- Admit card will only be published for the candidates who have submitted their applications successfully in time.
- Candidates are required to carry two printouts of the admit card at the time of CET.
- One copy should be retained by the candidate after getting it signed by the Invigilator and the second should be handed over to the Invigilator for University records.
- Both the copies shall require that a passport sized photograph of the candidate pasted on it.
IPU CET 2023 Result
- The result of IPU CET will be declared online and the candidates can check the result from the university’s website.
- A merit list of the successful candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the exam.
- Such candidates will have to appear in the counseling round as per their ranking and the schedule.
- At the item of counseling, the candidates will have to exercise their choice and get their documents verified.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for more than one programme in CET?
A candidate desirous of appearing in more than one paper in the CET, they can do so by filling separate application forms for each test.
- Does the university offers admission to medical courses?
Yes the university offers MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, etc courses to the candidates and for admission into these courses the candidates need to clear the NEET exam.
- Is there any way to get the admit card offline?
No, the admit card will only be released online and will not sent through offline modes like post, courier, etc