Candidates wishing to appear for IPU CET entrance exam should go through the IPU CET eligibility criteria laid down by the University before they fill the application form. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to participate in the exam. Through IPU CET exam, candidates can enroll themselves in various UG and PG courses offered by the Indraprastha University. Only Indian nationals, OCI, and candidates from Nepal can apply for the exam. Candidates should make sure that they meet all the requirements for the course they want to get admission in. A separate common entrance test will be conducted for different courses.
IPU CET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IPU CET exam is given below. Before filling the online application form of IPU CET, candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility conditions set by the authority. The application form will most probably be released in the 2nd week of February 2022.
Nationality: Indian nationals, OCI, and subjects of Nepal are eligible to apply for the exam.
Age limit: The age of candidates for UG courses should not exceed 21 years as on 1st August 2022. And for PG courses, the age should not exceed 35 years as on 1st August 2022.
B.Tech: Candidates should have passed class 12th of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or its equivalent from a recognized board. They should have scored minimum 55% aggregate marks in PCM subject group. Individual pass in each subject is also mandatory. Candidates must also have passed English as a subject of study in class 12th.
M.Tech: Candidates should have done B.Tech/B.E in relevant discipline from a recognized University or have done graduation from IETE/AMIE or have completed M.Sc/MCA. They should have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in the concerned UG degree program. GATE qualified candidates can also apply for admission but they need not give the CET exam.
B.Arch: Admission to B.Arch program will solely be given on the basis of NATA score secured by the candidates.
MBA: Candidates should have done regular 3-years of bachelor’s degree program in any discipline from a recognized University. Those who have done engineering can also apply. Candidates who have passed the final examination of the institute of chartered accountants of India or England, the institute of cost and works accountants of India or England or the institute of company secretaries of India can apply too. Applicants should have obtained minimum 50% aggregate marks in the concerned degree level program.
- Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree program from a recognized University in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed Mathematics and English at least at the class 12th level of the CBSE or any other Examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Candidates who have completed BCA/BIT/BIS program from a recognized University of at least three years duration by securing minimum 50% aggregate marks or its equivalent can also apply.
- Candidates who have done engineering or its equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
BBA and Allied courses: Students must have passed class 12th exam with English as a subject from a recognized board. They should also have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
- Applicants should have passed 12th or equivalent exam with English and Mathematics or Computer Science/Informatics Practice/Computer Applications/Multimedia & Web Technology/Data Management Application/Web Application with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Those who have done three years diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% marks from a polytechnic institute as recognized by AICTE can also apply.
- Candidates should have graduation in any discipline from a recognized University securing at least 50% aggregate marks. They must have passed the class 12th exam with Mathematics and English as subjects.
- Those who have done BCA/BIT/BIS program from a recognized University securing at least 50% aggregate marks are also eligible to apply.
- Engineering graduates can also apply for MCA program provided they have obtained minimum 50% marks in their degree level program.
LLB: Candidates should have passed class 12th exam with English as a subject from a recognized board.
LLM: Applicants should have passed LLB from an institute recognized by BCI or its equivalent law degree program from a foreign university. They should have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.