JNVST 2023– The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST 2023) is organized by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti to shortlist the students for admission to class VI in different JNVs. Students of class V are eligible to appear for this exam. Interested candidates can submit the application form through online mode and appear for the test which is conducted in offline mode. The exam is conducted in two different phases in different districts. Find complete details related to the JNVST 2023 like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, etc in the post below.
JNVST 2023 Exam Dates
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to JNVST 2023 below:
|Class 6||Class 9|
|Availability of online application form||September 2022||September 2022|
|Last date for submission of application form||September 2022||September 2022|
|Issue of admit card||March 2023||January 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||April 2023||February 2023|
|Publication of result||May 2023||March 2023|
JNVST 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for JNVST 2023:
- Date of birth of the candidates should fall between 1st May 2010 and 30th April 2014 (both dates included).
- The candidate should be studying in class V of a Government/ Government aided or other recognized school.
- Those with ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling are eligible too.
- School of the candidates must be located in the same district as the JNV in which admission is sought.
JNVST 2023 Application Form
The interested parents will be able to obtain the application form for JNVST 2023 online from the official website of NVS www.navodaya.gov.in or www.nvsadmissionclasssix.in. Parents should read all the instructions carefully before proceeding with the application process.
- Basic personal and academic details of the candidates such as name, date of birth, father’s name, class V passing year, school name, location of school, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Photograph of candidates and signature of candidates and their father/ guardian in scanned format should be uploaded in the application form.
- Scanned copy of a certificate signed by the Head Master stating that the candidate is studying in class V of that school and category certificate should also be uploaded in the application form.
- The choice for question paper language and exam center should be provided in the application form.
- After providing all the asked details correctly, the application form can be submitted online.
- Upon successful submission, a copy of the application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
- In case of any problem in filling the application form, the parents can visit the help desk set up in JNV.
- There will be no application fee for applying for JNVST 2023.
JNVST 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for JNVST 2023 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Medium of test: English, Hindi & regional language
- Number of questions: 80
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50|
JNVST 2023 Syllabus
The details of the syllabus for the selection test are provided below:
- Mental Ability Test: Geometrical Figure Completion, Pattern Completion, Analogy, Mirror Imaging, Odd-Man Out, Embedded Figure, Punched Hold Pattern, Figure Matching and Space Visualization
- Arithmetic Test: Number & numeric system, Fundamental operations on whole number, fractional number, LCM & HCF, Factors & multiples, Decimals, Conversion of fractions to decimals & vice-versa, Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc, Distance, time & speed, Approximation of expressions, Simplification of Numerical Expressions, Percentage, Profit & loss, Simple interest and Perimeter, area & volume
- Language Test: Reading comprehension (passage followed by questions based on it)
JNVST 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for different phases of selection test will be made available online on the NVS portal.
- It can be downloaded free of cost by the parents/ candidates using the application details.
- A hard copy of the admit card should be carried by the candidates while appearing for the selection test.
- Details of the entrance test such as center, date and timing will be mentioned on the admit card.
- To protect from loss or damage, it is suggested to keep multiple printouts of the admit card.
JNVST 2023 Result
- The result of the selection test is expected to be announced by March 2023 for phase I and May 2023 for phase II.
- Candidates can get the result from the admission portal or from official Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti website www.navodaya.gov.in.
- The result will also be displayed in the offices of the concerned Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, District Education Officer, District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region.
- The Principal of concerned Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya will also inform the selected candidates through SMS on the registered mobile number followed by a speed post.
JNV 2023 Admission Process
- Those who clear the selection test will be intimated about the admission process as per schedule decided by authorities.
- Parents & candidates must report for the admission on the given date and time with all the important documents in original as well as photocopy.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified and only after successful verification, final admission will be offered.
The following documents should be produced at the time of reporting for the admission:
- Proof for date of birth
- Proof for eligibility as per the conditions of NVS
- Category certificate for SC/ ST candidates
- Medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned for PWD candidates
- Certificate with regard to gender for transgender candidates
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, a certificate from the competent authority to the effect that the child had studied in an Institution/ School located in a rural area
- Residence Certificate in prescribed proforma in case of NIOS study only
- Any other documents as applicable
Things to keep in mind
- To promote national integration, migration of students from Hindi to non-Hindi speaking State and vice-versa might be done.
- Candidates should only apply for a JNV located in the district in which they are residing.
- Marks obtained by candidates (both selected and not selected) in the test are not communicated.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts or re-totaling of marks.
- Additional time of 30 minutes will be given to the differently-abled students to complete their test.
- Candidates should apply for TC from the parent school only after the verification of documents and confirmation of admission by the respective JNV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What if I forget to carry the admit card to the exam center?
Answer: No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall in absence of a valid admit card.
Question 2: Who can apply for JNV admission under rural quota?
Answer: A candidate can claim admission under rural quota if he/ she has studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt./ Govt. aided or other recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
Question 3: Can I appear for JNVST twice?
Answer: No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test for the second time, under any circumstances.
Question 4: What are the specifications for uploading of documents in the JNVST application form?
Answer: All the attachments should be uploaded in jpg format and the size should be between 10 and 100 kb.
Question 5: What is the fee structure for the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas?
Answer: Education in the schools including board & lodging, uniform and textbooks is totally free. However, a sum of Rs. 600/- per month is collected from the students of Classes IX to XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. Students belonging to SC/ ST categories, girl students and the students whose family income is below poverty line are exempted. For wards of Government employees (other than exempted category) Vikas Nidhi will be charged @Rs.1500/- per month or actual children education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less.