Assam Polytechnic 2023 application form is likely to release by 3rd week of May 2023. Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) is conducted to shortlist the candidates for admission into diploma courses (except MOM course for which separate exam is conducted). Selected candidates will get enrolment into the polytechnic colleges of the Assam only. Candidates can apply for the admission test through online mode starting from May 2023. A written exam will be conducted for selection of the candidates in August 2023. Complete information regarding the Assam Polytechnic 2023 admission process is provided here in this article.
Assam Polytechnic 2023
- Only girl candidates are eligible to apply for Modern Office Management (MOM) course.
- There will be separate application form and entrance exam for admission to PAT and MOM course.
- It is important to ensure the eligibility of the candidates before applying for the exam.
- Candidates who fail to report to their classes within ten days from commencement of course will forfeit their seats.
- Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) needs to be produced at the time of counseling. Those who are not able to do so can produce it at the time of admission also.
Assam Polytechnic 2023 Exam Dates
The important dates related to Assam PAT 2023 are provided in the article below.
|Online application form release date||3rd week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of June 2023
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of July 2023|
|Date of PAT exam||4th week of July 2023
|Date of MOM exam||4th week of July 2023|
|Result announcement||1st week of August 2023|
|Commencement of counseling process||1st week of August 2023|
|Beginning of classes||4th week of August 2023|
Assam Polytechnic 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to appear for Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2023 are discussed below:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen and a permanent resident of Assam.
|UR/ OBC/ MOBC||SC/ ST/ PH|
|Diploma in Engineering and Technology||20 years 4 months on 31-12-2023||23 years 4 months on 31-12-2023|
|Diploma in Modern Office Management||22 years 4 months on 31-12-2023||25 years 4 months on 31-12-2023|
For Diploma courses in Engineering and Technology:
- The candidates should have passed their HSLC or equivalent exam in a single sitting with Science and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- A minimum of 40% marks in aggregate of Science and Mathematics for general category candidates, 35% for SC candidates and 33% for ST candidates is required.
- Candidates should have passed Science and Mathematics subjects without grace marks.
For Diploma course in Modern Office Management:
- A pass in HSSLC or equivalent exam in Humanities, Science or Commerce is required to be eligible.
- A candidate must be physically and mentally fit. A candidate will have to produce a fitness certificates at the time of admission from a registered medical practitioner.
Assam Polytechnic 2023 Application Form
Application form for Assam Polytechnic Admission 2023 will be released online on the official website www.dte.assam.gov.in. Candidates need to click on the PAT or MOM link to obtain the application form for these courses, based on what course they wish to apply for.
- The candidates need to provide their basic personal and academic details to fill the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- After providing all the important details in the form, the candidates can submit it. Submission must be done on or before last date.
- Along with the form, the candidates also need to make payment of a prescribed amount of application fee.
- Upon submission of application form and fee, the candidates should take a printout of the form and keep it with them for further correspondence.
- The application fee will be Rs. 400/- and can be paid through online as well as offline mode.
- Online payment can be done using debit card/ credit card or net banking facility.
- Offline payment can be made by printing the generated Bank Challan and depositing the fee amount at any nearby SBI Branch.
Assam Polytechnic 2023 Exam Pattern
A basic overview of Assam PAT 2023 exam pattern is given below.
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
Assam Polytechnic 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card will be made available for download on the official website www.dte.assam.gov.in.
- Candidates need to visit this site, login to their accounts and download their respective admit card.
- After downloading, a printout of the admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center.
- Only the candidates with a valid admit card will be allowed to enter the exam hall and give their exams.
Assam PAT Result 2023
- The entrance exam result will be published on the official website hopefully in the month of June 2023.
- Candidates who qualify the written exam will then be allowed to participate in the further rounds of admissions.
- A list of the qualified candidates will be prepared and they will be called for interview, counseling, etc as per the list only.
Assam Polytechnic Counseling 2023
- At the time of counseling an interview will be held centrally to select the candidates provisionally for admission.
- The date and venue of the interview and counseling will be published at the time of declaration of the result.
- Choice of polytechnic and branch of engineering of a candidate will be determined on the basis of merit of the admission test at the time of the interview.
- Once they are allotted a seat, the candidates must report to the respective institute and complete the formalities of admission.
- Candidates cannot undertake any other course of study once admitted in a polytechnic.
The following documents in original and self-attested photocopy should be carried at the time of counseling process:
- Bark sheets of qualifying exam
- HSLC admit card as age proof
- Character certificate from the Head of the Institutions last attended
- GAP certificate
- Caste certificate from the competent authority countersigned by DC/ ADC/ SDO (Civil) (for SC/ ST candidates)
- Certificate from the competent authority countersigned by DC/ ADC/ SDO (Civil) along with Non Creamy Layer Certificate from the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District (OBC/ MOBC/ Tea-Garden/ Ex-Tea Garden Labour Community candidates)
- Certificate from Assam Moran Sabha with the counter signature of DC/ ADC/ SDO (Civil) along with the Non Creamy Layer Certificate from the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District (for Moran community candidates)
- Certificate from Director of Sports, Assam and proof of representing State if applied against Sport and NCC quota
- Certificate from the Secretary, Home & Political Department to the Govt. of Assam or a direct relationship certificate of the candidate with the freedom fighter from the Deputy Commissioner or his authorized official of the district where the freedom fighter belongs, for Freedom Fighter category candidates
- Certificate from the Director, Rajyiik Sainik Board, Assam if applied against category of retired defence personnel
- Certificate from the employer, if applied against quota of Central Government Employees etc
- For Differently Abled Candidates: Identity Card as Differently-Abled issued by Social Welfare Department
- PRC Certificate from the concerned DC/ ADC / SDO of the concerned district
- Two recent passport size photographs
Assam Polytechnic 2023 FAQs
Can I submit my Assam PAT application form through offline mode?
No. The mode of filling and submission of the application form will only be online. However, the candidates will be able to pay the application fee through both modes.
How will I know what exam center is allotted to me for appearing in the test?
The details of the exam center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card. Candidates must appear for the exam at the specified center only.
How can I get admission into the Polytechnic College of my choice?
Candidates will be allotted Polytechnic College as per their performance in the written exam and interview. To get enrolled into college of your choice, you need to score maximum marks in these.