CMAT 2023: The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is conducted by NTA to select the candidates for admission to management courses offered by various participating institutes. The application form for the exam has been released online now. Candidates also need to apply separately to the desired participating institutes on the basis of their CMAT score. The entrance exam is expected to be conducted in the month of February 2023. This post contains detailed information related to CMAT 2023.
- Candidates are suggested to submit their application within the prescribed time limit in order to be considered for selection process.
- The city of examination once chosen and allotted cannot be changed and any request in this regard will not be entertained.
- Admit card of CMAT will also be required at the time of admission and therefore should be kept safe by the candidates.
- Test centers are established by NTA where the students can practice and train themselves before the actual examination.
- NTA is only responsible for conducting the exam and releasing the score. The admission of the candidates will be done as per the specific rules each of the participating institute.
CMAT 2023 Exam Dates
The table below presents the important dates related to CMAT 2023:
|Online application form release date||December 2022|
|Last date for application submission||January 2023
|Last date for application fee payment||January 2023|
|Last date to provide choice of exam city||January 2023|
|Availability of admit card||February 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||February 2023|
|Announcement of result||February 2023|
|Commencement of admission process||March 2023|
CMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below for CMAT 2023:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT 2023.
- In order to be eligible for CMAT 2023, the candidates require a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree whose result will be declared before commencement of admission are eligible too.
CMAT 2023 Application Form
The application form for CMAT 2023 will be released in online mode on the official website cmat.nta.nic.in. Candidates should keep all the important documents such as scanned documents, bank details, etc ready before proceeding with the application process.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide basic personal details like name, gender, category, date of birth, email address, phone number, etc
- Details related to the qualifying exam such as university name, marks obtained, year of passing, etc will also be asked in the form.
- Candidates need to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the application form.
- After all the details are entered in the application form, the candidates can submit it along with the required application fee.
- Upon application fee submission, the candidates should take at least four printouts of the confirmation page and keep it safe for future reference.
- There is no need to send the confirmation page or any other document to the NTA.
- Once the form and the fee submission are done, the candidates will be allowed to provide the choice for exam city.
Candidates can make payment of application fee using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained.
Application fee structure for different categories is provided below.
|For boys||For girls|
|General candidates||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|Gen- EWS/ OBC candidates||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 700/-|
|Transgender candidates||Rs. 700/-|
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
A basic overview of CMAT 2023 exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 400
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear for CMAT 2023 will be released on the official website of the NTA.
- There will be no provision to send the admit card through post or courier and will only be available online.
- Admit card can be downloaded by the candidates using their registration details.
- Candidates must carry a copy of the admit card along with an identity proof or else they will not be allowed to appear for the test.
- Details of the exam center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through the admit card.
- After the admission test is over, the NTA will display answer keys & question paper attempted by the candidate on its official website.
- Candidates not satisfied with the answer keys can challenge it by filling an online application form and paying a processing charge of Rs. 1000/- per question.
- The processing charge can be paid by credit card/ debit card/ net banking and once paid is non-refundable.
- Decision of NTA on the answer key challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
CMAT 2023 Result
- Result of the management test will be determined on the basis of final answer key and uploaded online.
- Candidates will be able to check their result and download their score card from the website cmat.nta.nic.in.
- There shall be no provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of the total score.
- After the declaration of result, the relevant authorities will conduct the further process of admission.
CMAT 2023 Admission Process
- Candidates who qualify the CMAT exam will have to appear for selection procedure of the institutes where they seek admission.
- The selection process may comprise of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- The final selection of the candidates will be on the basis of overall performance in admission test, GD and PI.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of on their respective website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What if my account is debited but the status of application fee payment does not show ‘ok’?
Answer: If the online fee is paid and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the concerned account within 15 days. In the meantime, you need to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status.
Question 2: What documents should be carried by the candidates at the time of reporting for exam?
Answer: Candidates should bring the following documents on the day of exam:
- Print copy of admit card
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded in application form)
- Any authorized photo IDs in original and non-expired (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card With photograph/ Ration Card)
- PWD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if applicable
Question 3: In case I have any query regarding CMAT, who can I contact?
Answer: NTA provides a Query Redressal System (QRS), where the registered candidates can submit their grievances. A Unique Registration Number for tracking the status of the queries will also be generated. Other than this, you can also send an email or can give a call on helpline number 0120 6895200.