TANCET 2023 stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. This exam is organized by the Anna University to screen candidates for admission to M.Tech, M.Plan, M.Arch, M.E, MBA, and MCA courses. Please note that TANCET 2023 is not a direct admission process. Candidates can take admission based on TANCET scores by participating in the Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) process. Aspirants who are looking to appear for this exam may submit the online application form. The exam will take place offline (pen and paper based test) and the duration of exam will be 2 hours.
- There is no age restriction in order to apply for the TANCET 2023 exam.
- Incomplete and incorrect application forms will be rejected. Plus, the application fee will not be refunded.
- Those who will appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2023 are also eligible.
- Candidates will get 10 days to download their scorecard after the result declaration.
- The application process is expected to begin in the month of May 2023.
|Availability of online application form||January 2023|
|Last date for the submission of online application form||February 2023|
|Publication of admit card||March 2023|
|Date of Entrance exam||March 2023|
|Announcement of result||April 2023|
TANCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that candidates need to fulfill to get admission into various courses are given below.
For MBA Admission
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree of at least 3-year duration with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category aspirants)
- Please note that the aspirants having an educational record as per the following pattern are eligible.
- 10+2+3/ 4 years pattern.
- 10+3 years diploma + 3 years pattern.
- 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma + AMIE
For M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan
- As aspirant should have a bachelors’ degree in the relevant field with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates having an educational qualification in the following pattern are eligible for admission.
- BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm or Masters in relevant branch of science/ arts.
- 10+2+AMIE or 10+3 years diploma + AMIE
Note: Those candidates who are going to appear of the qualifying exam in 2023 can also apply.
TANCET 2023 Application Form
The application forms for the TANCET 2023 exam are made available in online mode. Interested candidates may go through the steps below in order to apply easily.
- In the first step, the candidates have to register by providing some of their basic details like name, email ID, phone number, etc.
- After registration, the aspirants may log in using their email ID and password generated during registration.
- Once logged in, the main application form will become accessible.
- In the application form, the aspirants have to provide their academic, personal and contact details.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature.
- The uploaded images should in the prescribed format on the official website.
- Finally, to finish the application process, the candidates have to pay the application fee.
- For future reference, it is better to take a print out of the submitted application form and receipt of fees.
The application fees for TANCET 2023 are as follows.
- SC/ ST/ SCA candidates (belonging to Tamil Nadu only): Rs. 250/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 500/-
Mode of payment: The payment of application fee can be made online using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
TANCET 2023 Admit Card
- The university will upload hall tickets for the exam in online mode via official website.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the downloaded admit card and carry it to the examination center.
- The information regarding the examination center address and timing will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidates will be allowed to take the exam without an admit card. Also, carry a valid photo ID proof along with an admit card.
- Keep the TANCET 2023 admit card safe even after the exam as it will be required while taking admission through TANCA.
TANCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Applicants preparing for the exam should check the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline (OMR sheet based exam)
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative marking: -1/3 for an incorrect answer
|Course Name||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Plan/ M.Arch
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
TANCET 2023 Syllabus
TANCET MBA Syllabus: Analysis of Business Situations, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency, General English, etc.
MCA: Quantitative Ability, Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning and Computer Awareness, etc.
M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Plan/ M.Arch: Engineering Mathematics (Part I), Basic Engineering & Sciences (Part II), technical knowledge in the relevant field.
TANCET 2023 Result and Admission
- Soon after the exam, the university will publish the result online through its official website.
- Candidates who will take the exam will be able to check their results by entering their email ID and password.
- After the result declaration, applicants will get 10 days time to download their mark sheets.
- To get admission based on TANCET 2023 scores, candidates need to take part in the TANCA process (Tamil Nadu Common Admission).
Frequently asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I apply for more than one course?
Answer: Yes, you may apply if you are eligible. However, you need tancetto pay an additional application fee for the same.
Question – 2: What if I lost my admit card after the exam?
Answer: You may request a duplicate Admit card. For that, you need to pay Rs. 100/- in the form of a demand draft in favour of “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai 600025”.
Question – 3: Can I apply based on JEE Main scores in TANCA instead of the TANCET score?
Answer: Yes, in TANCA you may apply on the basis of JEE Main in place of TANCET.