The Goa Common Entrance Test 2023 (GCET 2023) is conducted for selection of candidates for admission into engineering and pharmacy courses. The test might be held in July 2023 by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. Candidates willing to take admission into the engineering and pharmacy colleges of the State can submit their application forms. The process of application is most likely to begin from from May 2023. Get the detailed information about GCET 2023 from this post.
- All candidates desirous of seeking admissions to Professional Degree courses in MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, etc need a valid NEET score.
- For admission into architectural courses, the candidates require a valid NATA score.
- Any request for change in choice of papers and/ or centre allotted shall not be entertained after issue of the admit card.
- Applicants who have passed the qualifying examination from boards other than the Goa Board need to produce Eligibility Certificate from Registrar, Goa University.
- Different rounds of admission process will be conducted based on the availability of vacant seats.
GCET 2023 Exam Dates
The important dates related to GCET 2023 are given below:
|Announcement of important GCET dates||February 2023|
|Release of official prospectus on website||March 2023|
|Start of receiving of application forms||May 2023|
|Last date for receiving application forms||May 2023|
|Last date for receiving application forms with late fee of Rs. 1500/-||June 2023|
|Issue of admit card||May to June 2023|
|Date of GCET||June 2023|
|Announcement of result||June 2023|
|Start of receiving application forms for admission||June 2023|
|Last date for receiving forms for admission||July 2023|
|Display of eligibility list for GCET based courses||July 2023|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in the eligibility list||July 2023|
|Display of provisional merit list||July 2023|
|Display of final merit list||July 2023|
|First round of admission to engineering, pharmacy courses||August 2023|
|Display of eligibility list for NEET based courses||August 2023|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in the eligibility list||August 2023|
|Display of provisional merit list||August 2023|
|Display of final merit list||August 2023|
|First round of admission to NEET based courses||August 2023|
|Second round of admission to engineering, pharmacy courses||September 2023|
|Display of eligibility list for B.Arch based courses||September 2023|
|Display of merit list||September 2023|
|First round of admission to B.Arch based courses||September 2023|
|Second round of admission to NEET based and B.Arch courses||September 2023|
|Third round of admission to engineering, pharmacy courses||September 2023|
GCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below to appear for GCET 2023:
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian nationality, NRI, PIO and OCI are eligible to apply.
- Age limit: For admission to NEET based courses, must complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2023.
MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS & AHS
A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with English as a subject and an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together is required (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates and 45% for PWD candidates).
B.Sc. in Nursing
Those who clear their 10+2 or equivalent exam with English as a subject and an aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together is required (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) can apply.
The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology, securing not less than 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates). English as a subject of study is also mandatory.
Applicants with a pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology, and at least 45% marks in aggregate of these subjects (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) are eligible. English as a subject of study is also mandatory.
A pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks overall is mandatory.
GCET 2023 Application Form
- The application form for GCET 2023 can be downloaded from the official website and submitted at notified locations as per the opted centers.
- An application fee of Rs. 2000/- will also be submitted along with the application form.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal, educational and other details.
- Photograph of the candidates should be affixed in the form and signature should be put inappropriate places.
- Candidates should check the information entered into the application form for correctness before submitting it.
- Self-attested photocopy of class 10th and 12th passing certificate and other documents should be enclosed with the form.
- A copy of the application form should also be kept by the candidates in case of future correspondence.
- Upon successful submission of application form, the candidates will be handed over their admit card.
GCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Check the basic overview of GCET 2023 exam pattern below.
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of the test: 2 hours (each paper)
- Number of questions: 225
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 225
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative marking: No negative marking
|Papers||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
GCET 2023 Syllabus
A brief syllabus for GCET 2023 is provided below:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Communication Systems, Atoms And Nuclei, etc
- Chemistry: Solid State, Electrochemistry, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes And Haloarenes, Chemistry In Everyday Life, etc
- Mathematics: Relations And Functions, Algebra, Vectors And Three-Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Calculus, etc
The entrance test is expected to be held in the following cities:
|Tiswadi Cujira (Bambolim)||Panaji||Verna||Navelim|
GCET 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates can obtain the admit card for GCET 2023 from the Admission Committee in person.
- On the admit card, the important details related to the candidates and the exam will be mentioned.
- While reporting to the exam center, the candidates must carry this admit card or else they won’t be able to appear for the exam.
- Admit card should be preserved by the candidates as it will also be required at the time of admission.
GCET 2023 Result
- The authorities will announce the result of the entrance test most expectedly in the month of May 2023.
- A merit list of the candidates will be prepared and published on the Notice Board at the Admission Centre at Directorate of Technical Education and on official website.
- All applicants should check the provisional merit list and in case of any errors should immediately (in 24 hours) inform the Chairman, Admission Committee, in writing.
- After correction, a final merit list will be drawn and the candidates will be invited to take part in the admission process accordingly.
GCET 2023 Admission Process
- Applicants reporting for admission will be allowed to select a seat of choice from the seats available in order of their merit.
- The candidates will have to deposit the original documents and make payment of fees.
- Selected candidates should then report to the respective institution within 3 working days to complete the admission process.
- In case the applicant fails to turn up for admission, or does not accept admission offered, he/she shall forfeit the claim of seat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What documents need to be enclosed while submission of application?
- Two recent, identical passport size photographs
- Statement of marks of class 12th or equivalent
- Birth Certificate from Competent Authority
- Certificate of residence from the Mamlatdar
- Leaving/ Transfer certificate from school or college attended last, signed by the Principal of the institute
- ‘Certificate of Income’ in original issued by Panchayat for those claiming concession in tuition fees
- Non Migrant Caste Certificate for SC/ST/ OBC candidates
- Certificate from the Medical Board of Goa Medical College or equivalent authority for PWD candidates
Question 2: What is the mode of payment of application fee?
- The application fee needs to be remitted in the Account of “Directorate of Technical Education” with client code ‘DRCTORTEDU’ in any branch of HDFC Bank in Goa.
- Outside Goa candidates sending forms by post can remit the application fee via Demand Draft payable in the name of ‘Director of Technical Education’ at Panaji-Goa.
Question 3: Are candidates from other states eligible for GCET?
Applicants from other states shall be eligible for admission for any seats that remain vacant after admitting all candidates of the State.