The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) shoulders the responsibility of organizing the Gujarat PGCET 2023 exam. This exam is conducted to screen the candidates for admission to ME/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm courses. Admissions through this exam are provided in various government, grant-in-aid and self-financed institutes in the state of Gujarat. Please note that the Gujarat PGCET exam is for Non-GATE/ Non-GPAT qualified candidates only. Interested candidates first have to buy PIN and user ID in order to apply online. The committee will not release an offline or printed application form.
Gujarat PGCET 2023
- Both GATE/GPAT qualified candidates and Non-GATE/Non-GPAT candidates shall have to register online. However, only those candidates need to appear for the Gujarat PGCET 2023 exam who haven’t cleared the GATE or GPAT exam.
- After filling the form, the candidate has to visit a designated help center to get his/her documents verified.
- Candidates must bring a black ballpoint pen while appearing for the examination.
- In the entrance exam, 20% weightage will be given to the Mathematics and the rest of the exam will be based on subjects of the relevant discipline in which the admission is sought.
- The admit cards will also be released at the designated help centers only.
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Schedule
|Main Activities||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the sale of PIN Cover at the selected branches of ICICI Bank||Last week of June 2023 to 1st week of July 2023|
|Starting of the application form submission||Last week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of July 2023|
|Date of Gujarat PGCET exam||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date for the submission of pending documents||4th week of July 2023|
|Publication of the merit list||4th week of July 2023|
|Mock round of counselling||Last week of July 2023|
|1st round of counselling||Last week of July 2023|
|Starting of the classes||1st week of August 2023|
|2nd round of counselling (only if the seat remains vacant)||1st week of August 2023|
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for the various courses as given below.
For M.E/ M.Tech Admission
- Applicants should have B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline with at least 50% marks (45% for the candidates from SC/ ST/ SEBC/ EWS candidates)
For M.Pharm Admission
- Candidates must possess a B.Pharm degree with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ EWS/ SEBC candidates).
Note: The students who are going to appear for the final year examination of B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm can also apply.
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Application Form
The application process of Gujarat PGCET 2023 is explained below.
- To initiate the application process, candidates need to purchase a PIN cover from designated branches of the ICICI bank.
- After purchasing the PIN cover, the aspirants may register on the official website of the ACPC.
- Applicants need to provide their educational, personal and contact details during online registration.
- In addition to the details, candidates are required to upload the softcopy of their passport size photograph.
- The format of the scanned image must be jpg, png, or bmp and the size must not exceed 20 Kb.
- After submitting the application form, aspirants should take its printout.
- Then, candidates have to visit the designated help centers along with the printout of a submitted application form and other relevant documents. Please note that all the documents should be self-attested.
- The documents will also be verified at help centers. So, applicants must carry the original documents at the help center.
- Documents required at the time of verification are as follows.
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Qualifying exam mark sheet.
- Degree Certificate
- School leaving certificate or Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- Experience letter (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Any other document as the admission committee deems necessary
- The Gujarat PGCET 2023 application fee is Rs. 500/- for all the candidates.
- Fees should be paid by cash at the time of purchasing the PIN cover from the designated branch of ICICI bank.
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for Gujarat PGCET 2023 may check the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline (OMR sheet based test)
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice objective type questions
- Number of Questions: 100
- Duration of the exam: 90 minutes for PGCET Engineering/ 100 minutes for PGCET Pharmacy
- Marking pattern: 1 mark for every question
- Negative marking: not applicable
The entrance exam is expected to take place in the following exam centers.
- L. D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad
- Government Engineering College, Rajkot
- Government Engineering College, Surat
- Faculty of Technology, M. S. University, Baroda
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus depends upon your branch of engineering. However, the mathematics section is common for all the candidates. A brief syllabus for some of the branches is given below.
- Engineering Mathematics (Common): Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability, and Statistics, Numerical Methods
- Civil Engineering (CE): Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Surveying, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): Applied Mechanics & Design, Fluid Mechanics & Thermal Sciences, Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE): Electric Circuits and Fields, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Power Electronics and Drives, etc.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Networks, Control Systems, Digital Circuits, Electromagnetic, Electronic Measurements, and Instrumentation, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Chemical Process Industries, Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Polymer Technology, Environment, and Safety, etc.
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates will get the facility to collect an acknowledgment slip cum admit card from the help center after document verification.
- An admit card comprises information about the exam center and schedule of the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam without having a valid admit card.
- Applicants must note that the admit card should have a signature and seal of the help center.
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Result
- After the exam, the authorities will announce the result online through the official website.
- Please note that the result releases directly in the form of merit lists for different colleges and branches.
- There will be two merit lists, first merit list will be of those applicants who will apply on the basis of the GATE/ GPAT scores.
- The second merit list will be for the Gujarat PGCET applicants.
- Candidates getting their names in the merit list will be called to complete the rest of the admission formalities.
Gujarat PGCET 2023 Counselling
- The counselling process of Gujarat PGCET 2023 will take place online.
- To help candidates be familiar with the counseling, the authorities will provide a link to mock counselling on the official website.
- Candidates have to provide their choice of course and institute during the counselling process.
- In case the seats remain vacant after the first round of counselling then the 2nd round of counselling will also take place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I apply for more than one discipline? If yes, then do I need to submit separate application forms?
Answer: Yes, you can apply for more than one discipline. For that, you have to submit separate applications and collect registration acknowledgment slip separately for all the disciplines.
Question – 2: Is it possible to change the exam center after registration?
Answer: No, any change in the exam center is not allowed after registration.
Question – 3: I have cleared the GATE exam. Do I need to apply for Gujarat PGCET?
Answer: No, you don’t have to apply because the first priority for admission will be given to the GATE qualified candidates.