On behalf of XAMI, XLRI Jamshedpur will conduct and manage the Xavier Aptitude Test 2024 or XAT 2024 exam. It is a national level exam to select the candidates for admission to the MBA course. It is one of the oldest entrance exams in India and there are more than 150 MBA colleges that offer admission based on XAT score. Interested and eligible candidates seeking MBA admission through XAT need to submit an online application form before the last date. The exam will be conducted in online (Computer-based test) mode and the application form has been released on 15th July 2023.
Latest: XAT 2024 application form has been released on 15th July 2023.
Xavier Aptitude Test 2024 Overview
- XAT exam used to have an essay writing section as well. But, XAT 2024 will not comprise any essay writing or descriptive type questions.
- It is expected that XAT in the year 2024 will be conducted at around 72 centres across India.
- A lot of top institutes like XLRI, XIMB, SPJIMR, TAPMI, XIME, etc. provide admission on the basis of XAT score.
- Please note that the number of questions in XAT tends to vary every year.
- The application fee once paid will not be refunded. So, candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the form.
- To better understand the exam pattern, the candidates may try the mock test available on the official website.
XAT 2024 Important Dates
The official schedule of XAT 2024 examination is as follows.
|Beginning of XAT registration||15th July 2023|
|Last date of registration without late fees||To be updated|
|Closure of the registration process with late fees||To be updated|
|Availability of the XAT Admit Card||To be updated|
|XAT exam date||8th January 2024|
|XAT Score Card available for download||To be updated|
XAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The XAT 2024 aspirants should make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
- All the candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university.
- Those who are going to appear for the final year exam in the year 2024 can also submit the application form. However, they will get admission only after getting a bachelor’s degree.
- There are no criteria of minimum marks required in the qualifying exam.
- There is no upper or lower age limit in order to appear for the XAT examination 2024.
XAT 2024 Application Form
The application process of XAT is completely online. Those who wish to apply need to visit the official website i.e. www.xatonline.in.
- To begin the application process, candidates have to register by providing their Name, Date of Birth, Contact details and Email-id.
- Then, they will get a system generated XAT ID and Password through Emails/SMS.
- Candidates must note down their XAT ID and Password carefully.
- In the next step, aspirants are required to fill the main application form.
- Please note that the Candidate’s Name / Father’s Name / Mother’s Name etc. entered in the application form must be spelt correctly. Inconsistency in these details may lead to a rejection of the application form.
- After that, the candidates can upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature as per the specifications given on the website.
- The next step is the application fee payment.
- Once you are done with fee payment, you may submit the application form.
- Also, take a printout of the application form submitted along with a fee receipt for future requirements.
Given below are the application fees for XAT 2024 examination.
- XAT 2024 Registration Fee (Without late fees): Rs. 1700/- (Rs. 300/- additional in case the candidate is interested in XLRI Programmes)
- XAT 2024 Registration Fee (With late fees): Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 500/- additional in case the candidate is interested in XLRI Programmes)
- Indian Candidate only for GMP through GMAT fee: Rs. 2,500/-
- NRI and Foreign for one or more programme fee: Rs. 5,000/-
Mode of payment
- Application fees can be paid online using any of the following methods Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
XAT 2024 Admit Card
- The exam authority will release admit cards of all those candidates who will submit the application form along with an application fee before the last date.
- The admit cards will be available in online mode through the official website.
- All the necessary information like date, timing, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without carrying an admit card.
- Apart from the admit card, the candidates must also carry one photo ID proof at the examination center.
XAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates can get a basic idea about the exam using the pattern given below.
- Examination Mode: Online (Computer-based test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 99 (as per the last year pattern)
- Scoring pattern: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Duration of Exam: 3 hour
Section-wise number of questions
|Section (Subject)||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) and Logical Reasoning||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||27|
|Total||99 Questions||99 Marks|
XAT 2024 Syllabus
The general XAT syllabus 2024 for various subjects is given below.
- Verbal Ability – English Vocabulary, Jumbled Paragraphs, Correction of errors in sentences, correct use of words, Completion of sentences, Completion of paragraph
- Reading Comprehension (RC) – Questions based on Abstract topics, Literature, Social and Economic Issues, Science & Culture, history & fiction, etc.
- Logical Reasoning (LR) – Analogy, Clocks, calendars, Fact, Inference, Judgment, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, etc.
- Decision Making – Question-based on Conditions and Grouping Test, Data Arrangement Test, Complex Arrangement, Decision Making in a situation, Case lets, etc.
XAT 2024 Result
- XLRI will release the XAT Result through its official website.
- Immediately after the result declaration, authorities will announce cutoffs for different XLRI PGDM programs.
- To inform the candidates about the declaration of result, XLRI may also send individual messages to the shortlisted candidates.
- To download the scorecard, the candidates have to log in using their registration ID and Password/ Date of birth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents should be carried at the examination center?
Answer: A candidate must have an Admit Card and one photo ID proof at the time of the examination.
Question – 2: What is the process of admission after clearing the XAT exam?
Answer: The admission process after clearing XAT depends upon the institute. Colleges like XLRI, XIMB, IMT, etc. will conduct a personal interview to select the candidates.
Question – 3: Is there any way to submit the application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, all the candidates have to submit the application form online through the official website only.