West Bengal State University holds the responsibility of releasing the official notification for West Bengal State University B.Ed. admission 2022. There will not be an entrance test, candidates will be shortlisted based on the qualifying exam merit. Those who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of August 2022. Before filling the application form, candidates must make sure that they meet all the eligibility criteria as decided by the university. All the important details related to the West Bengal State University B.Ed. admission 2022 are discussed in this post.
West Bengal State University B.Ed. Admission 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the admission process are provided in the table given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the application form submission in online mode||August 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||August 2022|
|Last date for the application fee payment offline through a bank challan||August 2022|
|Declaration of the merit list||September 2022|
|Last date for taking admission||September 2022|
Subject Available to pursue B.Ed. Course
There are different subjects available in order to pursue B.Ed. Out of the available subjects, candidates have to choose the subjects as per their interests and educational background. All the available subjects are mentioned in the table given below.
|1. Bengali||2. English||3. Sanskrit|
|4. Mathematics||5. History||6. Geography|
|7. Accountancy and Book Keeping||8. Economics||9. Education|
|10. Political Science||11. Hindi||12. Urdu|
West Bengal State University B.Ed. Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspiring candidates who are seeking admission must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- At the time of admission, the age of a candidate must be less than 35 years.
- Those candidates who belong to SC/ ST categories will get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- Candidates from the physically disabled category will get a relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit.
- In-service applicants will get the chance to apply till the age of 45 years.
- The aspirants must possess a bachelors’ degree in 10+2+3 education system from a recognized university
- Candidates having a PG degree can also apply.
- It is necessary for the candidates to have a minimum of 50% marks either in graduation or in PG degree
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST category will get a relaxation of 5% marks in minimum qualifying exam marks. It means they only requires 45% marks either in graduation or PG degree examination.
- Those students who are going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2022 are also eligible.
West Bengal State University B.Ed. 2022 Application Form
The application form for West Bengal State University B.Ed. 2022 admission will release in online mode only. Interested and eligible candidates who are looking to apply may access the application form through the official website.
- To start the process of application, aspirants need to begin the registration on the official website. Candidates must enter their basic details like name, phone number, etc. during the registration process.
- Unique login credentials will be generated for every candidates after the registration.
- Then, aspirants need to sign-in to their account using the credentials generated at the time of registration.
- After signing in, aspirants need to provide their academic, personal and contact details in the application form.
- Apart from the details, candidates have to upload their photograph and signature in the application form in scanned format.
- Once the application form is submitted, all the candidates have to pay the necessary application fee.
- After submitting the form and fee, aspirants must take a printout the same for future references.
The application fees are different for the candidates of various categories as given below.
- PWD, SC, and ST candidates: Rs. 150/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 300/-
Mode of application fee payment: Aspirants can pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking. Apart from this, the fee can also be paid in online mode through a bank challan.
West Bengal State University B.Ed. Admission 2022 Merit List
- After the application form submission gets completed, the university will screen the applications received.
- The university will also prepare a merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Please note that the university will not conduct any entrance test, the candidates will be shortlisted based on their previous academic records.
- The merit list will be made available online through the official website of the university.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list.
- Those candidates will be selected after the release of the merit list will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
- All the formalities of admission will take place during the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, candidates will be asked to provide the choice of colleges in which they want to study.
- The seats will be allotted solely on the basis of qualifying exam merit because there is no entrance exam.
- The university will also verify documents of the candidates at the time of the exam. So, it is compulsory for every aspirant to carry original documents for verification.
- Please note that the admission will be confirmed only after the proper verification of documents and payment of the admission fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible to submit the West Bengal State University B.Ed. 2022 application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the university will make the application form available in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to submit the application form through the official website only.
Question – 2: Do I need to send the hardcopy of the application form submitted online to the university?
Answer: No, there is no such need to send the hardcopy of the application form to the university.
Question – 3: Will there be any entrance exam in order to shortlist candidates?
Answer: You should note that there will not be any entrance test. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their previous academic performance.
Question – 4: Am I going to appear for the final year exam of graduation in the year 2022. Can I apply for the West Bengal State University B.Ed. Admission 2022?
Answer: Yes, the students who are going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2022 can also apply.
Question – 5: What are the contact details of West Bengal State University B.Ed. Admission 2022?
Answer: Given below are the contact details of West Bengal State University.
- Address: West Bengal State University, Barasat, North 24 Parganas, PIN 700126
- Phone Number: 33 2524 1975
- Email: [email protected]