Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission into different ITI courses offered by the institutes of West Bengal. Admissions will be offered to the candidates in the different trade courses divided under two groups- E and M. Candidates desirous of admission will be able to submit their application in both online and offline modes, as per their wish. The process of application has started now. Complete details of the West Bengal ITI Admission 2022 can be found from this article.
West Bengal ITI application form is available online.
West Bengal ITI 2022 Key Highlights
- Applicants are eligible to apply in either M or E group trades. Those found applying for both the groups will be disqualified.
- Candidates must make sure of their eligibility for the group under which they seek admission.
- Kanyashree Enrolled candidates need to produce a supporting document during the collection as well as submission of filled in application form.
- Only the application forms submitted in person will be considered. Applications sent though post or courier will be rejected summarily.
- Though Plumber trade is covered under ‘E’ Group, but for admission in this trade appearing in class 10thexam is essential.
- Admission once taken in any trade of any government ITI/ ITC/ JP cannot be modified or cancelled.
- 50% of total seats within a district will be reserved for the candidates who passed the entry qualification from the schools located within the district.
West Bengal ITI Important Dates 2022
The official dates related to West Bengal ITI 2022 admission are given in the table below:
|Online application date||Available|
|Deadline for submitting application||To be notified later|
|Last date to submit printout of application||To be notified later|
|Merit list will release||To be notified later|
|Choice filling process||To be notified later|
The following eligibility criteria must be met by the candidates applying for WB ITI Admission 2022:
- Aspiring candidates should attain at least 14 years of age as on 1st August 2022. There will be no upper age limit.
- The candidates who clear their Madhyamik or equivalent exam from any school located within the state of West Bengal are eligible for admission in M Group trades.
- For Group E trades, class 8th passed candidates will be eligible.
- Candidates who clear Madhyamik or equivalent exam without Mathematics and Physical Science will not be considered for engineering trades.
- Those appearing in their Madhyamik or equivalent exam in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Passed-out or previously admitted but drop-out/ discharged trainee of any Government ITI/ ITC/ JP or PPP Government ITI is not eligible for admission for three consecutive years in the same ITI and for one year in other ITIs.
West Bengal ITI Application Form 2022
- The OMR application form can be purchased from all Government and PPP Government ITIs and the online application form will be released on the website https://scvtwb.in/.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- Filled in OMR application form can be submitted at any one of selling centers on or before the closing date.
- The online application form need to be submitted in both online and offline mode. A printout of the online application form should be taken and submitted at the selling centers.
- No other documents will be required during submission of application form.
- A photocopy of the filled-in application form must also be kept by the candidates in case of future reference.
- The application fee for West Bengal ITI will be Rs. 200/- for online application and Rs. 250/- for OMR application.
- For Kanyashree enrolled candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 100/- for online application and Rs. 125/- for OMR application.
- The result of the entrance test will be released on the official website www.webscte.co.in.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test.
- For M group trades, merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidates in Madhyamik or equivalent exam.
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible for the counseling round (choice filling and seat allotment).
- Details of the choice-filling will be communicated to the candidates through the official website.
- Using their user id and date of birth, the candidates can login into the web portal and provide their choices for admission.
- The course choice must be provided by the candidates in the order of preference as the seat allocation will be done according to these choices made.
- Now after the choice filling process is over, seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their choice and ranking as well.
- After seat allotment, the candidates can take a printout of the confirmation slip from the website.
- Auto up-gradation of seats allocation will be available only for the 1st phase of counseling.
- The selected candidates will be required to the allotted institute along with their confirmation slip and other documents.
- All the documents of the candidates will be verified before providing them the final admission.
- After successful verification, the candidates can submit the prescribed admission fee and complete rest formalities.
- Candidates must report for the admission process as per the schedule mentioned in their confirmation letter.
- Once all the formalities are complete, the admission of the candidates will be considered as final.
- In case the candidate does not take admission within the scheduled period, the allotted seat will automatically be cancelled.
|Tuition fee for 1st semester||Rs. 180/-|
|Tuition fee for IMC sponsored candidates||Rs. 2500/-|
|Admission fee||Rs. 100/-|
|Registration fee||Rs. 30/-|
|Registration fee for Kanyashree Candidate||Rs. 15/-|
|Caution money||Rs. 100/-|
The following documents in original and self-attested photo copy must be carried at the time of reporting for admission:
- Admit card of Madhyamik exam as proof of age
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik or class 8th exam
- Passing certificate of Madhyamik or class 8th exam
- Mark sheet by competent Authority, for CBSE candidates
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Kanyashree enrollee certificate (if applicable)
- Two colored passport size recent photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- Vocational pass certificate (if any)
Seats will be reserved as per following norms: