As a state-government controlled centralized exam, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination or the WBJEEM is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admission to Engineering & Technology, Dental, Medical, Pharmacy and Architecture courses offered by Universities, Self Financing Technological Institutes and Government Colleges located across the West Bengal state.
Check: WBJEE information for 2019
Type of Examinees
WBJEE exam is organized for three types of examinees which are listed as follows:
- Candidates do not have domicile are only allowed to register for ‘E’ type. They are not permitted to get admission into Medical/Dental programmes. Candidates of this category can also appear in Physics + Chemistry for getting admission to Pharmacy colleges excluding Jadavpur University. For getting admission to Jadavpur university, candidates will have to appear for Type “E” or “C”.
- The respective authority will publish three different merit lists for Engineering, Medical or Pharmacy programmes.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Candidates hold citizenship of India.
- For Engineering / Technology (excluding Marine Engineering), Pharmacy and Architecture Courses: Candidates should be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December of the year of admission. There will be no upper age limit.
- For Medical/Dental Courses: Minimum 17 years old as on 31st December of the year of admission. There will be no upper age limit.
- For Marine Engineering course: Minimum- 17 years & maximum- 25 years as on 31st July of the year of admission.
Passed or appearing class 12th from a recognized university. The minimum marks secured by candidates should be 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates). For more details candidates may visit the official website.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
Please have a look on recommended on WBJEE exam pattern:
- All questions will be of MCQ type having four alternatives.
- Candidates need to answer questions only by using only Blue/Black Ball Point Pen.
- Negative Marking: For Question category 1 (-1/4 for each incorrect response), For Question category 2 (-1/2 for each incorrect response) and For Question category 3 [(For partially correct answers- 2 X (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options)].
List of Participating Institutes
List of participating institutes in counseling session conducted by the Central Selection Council are:
- Jadavpur University
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya
- University Institute of Technology, Burdwan
- Kalyani University Science Instrumentation Centre
- West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
- Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- West Bengal University of Technology and institutes which are affiliated to this.
Recommended Books to Prepare for WBJEE Exam
|Sl. No||Name of the Book|
|03.||NCERT- Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2|
|05.||Arihant Organic Chemistry|
|06.||HC Verma for Physics|
|07.||NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2|
How to Apply for WBJEE?
Application form will filled in online mode from the official website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board i.e. http://www.wbjeeb.nic.in. During application procedure, candidates will be asked to upload documents. List of documents need to be uploaded and their respective size are as follows:
Examination Centre Allocation
Candidates will be allotted the exam centres as per their preferences given at the time of application. So, candidates are advised to choose the exam with full concentration.
WBJEE result will be available at the official website of respective authority. Details regarding result will be also notified to candidates through several electronic/print media.
Counseling and Admission Details
Counseling details will be available at the official website of the authority
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
Official Website: http://wbjeeb.in