WBJEE 2017 exam will be organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for admission in various Engineering Colleges in the State of West Bengal. The entrance exam of WBJEE 2017 will be held in Offline mode. The exam will be organized in TWO sittings for engineering, architecture and pharmacy programmes as per the following schedule.
Candidates can now make correction in their application form. Click here to make correction.
Schedule of Exam
- Maths: 23rd April, 2017 (11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
- Physics & Chemistry: 23rd April, 2017 (2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m)
WBJEE 2017 exam will be organized for Engineering, architecture and pharmacy Courses. If you want to find complete info the explore this post.
Before any candidate applies for WBJEE 2017 Exam, he/she should first verify the eligibility as per the norms released by the Board. Only if you find that you are eligible for the exam, you should fill the Application Form and apply for the exam. Otherwise, the admission will be cancelled and the fee for application will be NOT refunded when the eligibility is verified and you are found INELIGIBLE.
WBJEE 2017 – Eligibility Norms:
CRITERION 1 – CITIZENSHIP:
- Every application should have INDIAN Citizenship.
- The candidates who are found to be devoid of INDIAN citizenship will be rejected outright.
CRITERION 2 – Age Limits:
Engineering Courses (Apart from Pharmacy, Marine Engineering and Architecture Courses):
- To be eligible for WBJEE 2017, you must be 17 years (at least) till 31/12/2017.
- The Board has NOT fixed any UPPER age limit for this course.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years till 31/12/2017.
- Upper age limit: 25 years till 31/12/2017.
- The age limits have been decided by the admission authorities and must be obeyed by ALL.
CRITERION 3 – Domicile or Residence Requirement:
- There are different requirements for Domicile or Residential Status of Candidates applying for different colleges under WBJEE 2017 Entrance Exam.
- The requirements will be available on the official website of the exam
CRITERION 4 – Academic Requirements:
Calcutta University and Jadavpur University (except Department of Fibre and Jute Technology):
- A pass in Class XII or Higher Secondary Exam of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other equivalent exam of a recognized Board or Council.
- An individual pass in Maths, Chemistry and Physics to be eligible for WBJEE 2017 Entrance Exam.
- At least 60% in PCM for GENERAL category and 55% for PwD/OBC/ST/SC candidates along with at least 30% in English the qualifying exam.
All the other colleges AND Department of Fibre and Jute Technology:
- An individual PASS in the subjects of Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects and any one of BIOLOGY/BIO TECHNOLOGY/CHEMISTRY.
- A minimum of 45% marks in the above mentioned subjects.
- This minimum score required has been reduced to 40% for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates as per the norms of eligibility for WBJEE 2017 Exam.
- A minimum of 30% score in English is also required.
- A pass in the Qualifying Exam with 60% marks in PCM and an INDIVIDUAL PASS in each one of them.
- You must have also secured 50% marks in the subject of English either in Class X or XII.
After having read the norms of eligibility for the Exam of WBJEE 2017, let’s move on to the various important events (Date Wise) associated with the exam.
|Activity||Date (with time)|
|Information Brochure release||28th December 2016|
|Online form fill-up will start||5th January 2017|
|Deadline for online form fill up along with fee payment and confirmation page download||4th February, 2017|
|Corerection window will live||6th February to 8th February, 2017|
|Download admit card||12th April, 2017|
|Examination date||23rd April, 2017
Paper 1 (Math)- 11.00 am to 1.00 pm
Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry)- 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
|Date of release of result||5th June, 2017|
- You are advised to complete all the activities associated with WBJEE 2017 in time. Once the date for an event has passed, you will NOT be able to complete the activity and hence the admission process can get disturbed.
Pattern of Exam:
- The board has released the pattern of WBJEE 2017 for all the exam takers and all the students are advised to follow it.
- The exam pattern will help all the candidates to understand the exam in a better manner and go for it in a prepared manner.
- WBJEE 2017 Biology Exam will be of 150 Marks.
- Maths and Physics will each have 100 marks.
- Number of questions and their pattern – Category Wise:
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total Questions||Total Score|
|Math||50X1 mark||15X2 marks||10X2 marks||75||100|
Having gone through the eligibility, exam pattern and the important dates related to WBJEE 2017, we shall now have a look at the Application Form filling and submission requirements.
How to Answer Questions?
Candidates need to answer questions on specially designed optical machine readable response (OMR) sheet. Answer sheet evualation process will be done by specially designed machines and therefore, it is highly essential to mark answers in correct format.
- Candidates, will find four answer options for a particular question, they need to darken the right circle on OMR sheet by using blue or black ball point pen.
- Filling the bubble inappropriately, filling by using pencil, tick mark, cross mark, dot mark, over writing, circular mark, scratching, white ink, erasing, marking outside the bubble will lead to worng response.
- Once you filled a bubble, you can make any sort of changes. Therefore, becareful whill filling asnwers of questions.
WBJEE 2017 Application Form (Read Article)
- The hosting of exam forms has been done ONLINE only on the Official Website of exam.
- There will be NO physical sale of exam forms and NO physical sale counters will be formed for the forms.
- Therefore you should refrain from obtaining form from any of the sources or agencies claiming to be authentic.
- Broadly the form for WBJEE 2017 Entrance Exam will be divided into 3 sections:
- Finally, the confirmation page or the application form will be generated at the end of form submission which can be downloaded and printed out.
- This page is to be kept by the candidate with himself/herself and there is NO need to send it to Board Office.
- The confirmation page of WBJEE 2017 will be required at the time of document verification.
Application Form – Online Submission:
- The details of Application Form filling and submission are available at:
WBJEE Application Form
- To begin with the form filling, you have to logon to the Official Website
- You will find the link “Fill Application Form”.
- Follow it and you will reach the main page of form submission.
- You will have to register ONLINE if you are new to the form submission, if you have registered already, you can just LOGIN and complete the form submission for WBJEE 2017.
- Fill the form with the requisite details and you will be allotted a unique Application Number.
- Use this for future references.
- The Application Form will require:
Name (Candidate and Parents’)
Date of Birth
State of Permanent Residence
- Next you will be required to submit the form fee via ONLINE or OFFLINE modes as follows:
Online Fee: Credit or Debit Cards and Net Banking
Offline Fee: Allahabad Bank Challan
- After that, the generation and printing of confirmation page for WBJEE 2017 will be enabled and your form submission shall be over.
- The status of applications can be viewed on the Official Website after some days.
Application Form Correction Window
- Candidates must do utmost care while filling their application form as they won’t be able to make any futher changes in data such as Name, date of birth, father’s and mother’s name.
- Candidates who want to make correction in any other data other than furnished above then they can do the same in between 6th February to 8th February, 2017.
- Once the last date of making correction in the form is over, candidates can’t make any sort of further changes.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Centre Allocation
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will allot exam centres to candidates based on choice given by them in the application form.
- Candidates, who belong to Assam and West Bengal, they must choose any three zones according to their preference.
- Candidates, belonging to any other states rather than mentioned above, they need to choose any three zones from Howrah/Kolkata/North 24 Pgs/ South 24 Pgs.
- The authority can drop any examination zone if they do not find sufficient number of stduents over there.
WBJEE 2017 – Fee Details
The fee to be submitted for WBJEE 2017 by all categories. Candidates will have to make payment of Rs.500/- either thru debit card/credit card/net banking or in cash using Allahabad bank challan.
WBJEE 2017 – Admit Card
- The admit card will be released online on the official website:http://wbjeeb.nic.in/
- All the candidates have to download the admit cards from this link as there will be no physical dispatch of the same.
- The admit cards are to be brought on exam day mandatorily, failing which will lead to barring from entry.
- The admit card will show:
Name, Category, Persona Details, Photo, Signature of the holder
Exam Venue, Time of exam and time of reporting
Roll number and exam instructions
- Other important instructions will also be given on the admit card of the exam of WBJEE 2017.
Candidates need to verify all details as mentioned on the admit card and in case of discrepancy they must inform the authority quickly.
WBJEE 2017 – Results:
- The result will be declared HERE as soon as it has been announced by the Board.
- The counseling details and cutoffs shall be hosted thereafter.
- The admissions in all the courses will be subject to the marks scored in the exam by the candidate as well as the eligibility for the same.
Counselling Process and Schedule
- After publication of the result, candidates will be able to find out the notification associated with e-counselling/seat allotment at wbjeeb.in or http://wbjeeb.nic.in/.
- The competent authority will provide institute wise and course wise seats availability details.
- The authority will verify all details candidates during counselling.
- Candidates will be able to find out details associated with reporting centres in their respective rank card.