Candidates interested for admission into the Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) can apply for the same through online mode. The admission process is conducted in two sessions- January and July and the candidates can apply for any one of these. Both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of arts, commerce, science, management, etc are offered at the university. Those meeting the eligibility criteria can apply for any of these programs. In this article complete information related to the VMOU Admission 20223 has been provided.
Courses Offered at Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
The following courses are offered at the Vardhman Mahaveer Open University:
|Bachelor of Arts||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Bachelor of Science||Bachelor of Journalism|
|Bachelor of Journalism (Lateral)||Bachelor of Library and Information Science|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||Bachelor of Computer Application|
|Bachelor of Social Work||Bachelor of Education|
|MA Economics/ Education/ Hindi/ Police Administration/ History/ Sociology/ Public Administration/ Psychology/ English/ Sanskrit/ Geography/ Rajasthani/ Mathematics||M.Sc Mathematics/ Computer Science|
|M.Com||Master of Journalism|
|Master of Library and Information Science||MCA|
|Master of Social Work||MBA|
Postgraduate Diploma courses:
|PG Diploma in Gandhian Nonviolent Conflict Resolution||PG Diploma in Labour Laws, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management|
|PG Diploma in Computer Accounting & Audit||PG Diploma in Guidance & Counseling|
|PG Diploma in Water Resource Management||PG Diploma in New Media|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Laws||PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights|
|PG Diploma in Yoga Science||Diploma in Culture and Tourism|
|iploma in Library and Information Science||Diploma in Social Problems of Rajasthan|
|PG Diploma in Computer Application|
|Diploma in Watershed Management||Diploma in Apabhransha Language|
|Diploma in Prakrit Language||Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education|
|Diploma in General Agriculture||Diploma in Journalism & Mass Comm.|
|Diploma in Naturopathy Science||Diploma in Yoga Science|
|Certificate in Rajasthani Language & Culture||Certificate in Panchayati Raj Project|
|Certificate in Awareness of Gandhian Method||Certificate in Mahatma Gandhi NREGA Mate|
|Certificate in Human Rights||Certificate in Consumer Protection Law|
|Certificate in Apabhransha Language||Certificate in Prakrit Language|
|Certificate in Food and Nutrition||Certificate in Crop Protection|
|Certificate in Functional English||Certificate in Creative Writing in English|
|Certificate Course in Teaching of English||Certificate in Falit Jyotish|
|Certificate in Banking and Insurance Law||Certificate in Ayurved Panchakarma|
|Bachelor of Commerce Preparatory Programme||Bachelor of Arts Preparatory Programme|
|Bachelor of Science Preparatory Programme|
VMOU Admission 2023 Important Dates
Schedule for UG, PG, Diploma and Certificate Programme
|Online application releasing from||Jan 2023|
|Online application form submission deadline||Feb 2023|
Schedule for MBA/MCA
|Application Form releasing by||Jan 2023|
|Deadline to fill application form||Feb 2023|
|Date of exam||Feb 2023|
|Result will be announced||Mar 2023|
VMOU Admission Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria for applying for the VMOU Admission 2023 process are given below:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BBA/ BCA/ BSW: A pass in class 10th exam is required.
- Bachelor of Journalism: The candidates should have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university.
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science Programme: A bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates) or a master’s degree with diploma in library & information science or 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- B.Ed: The candidates should hold a bachelor’s and/ or a master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce with at least 50% marks or a BE/ B.Tech degree with minimum 55% marks. A pass in BSTC/ D.El.Ed program conducted by NCTE is also required. The candidate should also be a trained in-service teacher.
For postgraduate courses:
- MA Economics/ Education/ Political Science/ Police Administration/ Hindi/ Sociology/ History/ Public Administration/ Psychology/ English/ Sanskrit/ Mathematics: A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university is required.
- M.Sc Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Geography: Those with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field can apply for M.Sc course.
- M.Com: Candidates should hold any bachelor’s degree (preferably B.Com) in order to be eligible.
- Master of Library and Information Science: Those with a Bachelor of Library and Information Science degree can apply for this course.
- MCA: The applicants should have passed BCA/ B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduation Level and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category).
- MBA: A bachelor’s degree with 50% marks or master’s or bachelor’s degree with three years of supervisory/ managerial/ professional experience or professional degree in engineering/ technology/ medicine/ architecture/ law or professional qualification in accountancy/ cost and work accountancy/ company secretaryship etc is required.
Application Form for VMOU Admission 2023
Candidates can apply online for the VMOU Admission 2023 by visiting the official website of the university www.vmou.ac.in. Only those who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria should proceed with the application process.
- Application form can be filled by providing the basic personal, academic, contact and other details of the candidates.
- Photograph and signature of the candidate in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Choice for exam city can be provided by the candidates into the application form as well.
- After providing all these details correctly into the application form, the candidates can proceed with the payment of the application fee.
- Upon successful payment of the application fee, the candidates can submit the application form online.
- The application form filling process completes after this and the candidates can now take a printout of the form and keep it safe for future reference.
- The application fee for VMOU Admission 2022 is expected to be Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 2000/- for PhD courses).
- Payment of the application fee can be done using online payment gateway (net banking/ credit card/ debit card) or via E-Mitra.
VMOU 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the entrance exam pattern for VMOU below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for each right answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
VMOU 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates can download their VMOU entrance exam 2023 admit card from the official website of the university.
- A hard copy of the admit card should be taken by the candidates and carried with them while appearing for the exam.
- Only those who report to the exam center with a valid admit card will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- The candidates are advised to preserve this admit card even after the exam is over as it might be required at the time of admission.
- To avoid loss or damage of the admit card, the candidates are advised to keep its multiple copies with them.
VMOU 2023 Result
- The result of the entrance exams will be published on the website of the university as per the specified schedule.
- On the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared.
- For courses without an entrance exam, the merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks of the candidates in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round as per their names in the merit list.
VMOU Counseling 2023
- Counseling of the shortlisted candidates will be done according to their merit and as per the schedule decided by the authority.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified at the time of counseling and they will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization.
- After successful document verification, candidates will be offered final admission as per their choice and merit.
- Selected candidates should then complete all the formalities of admission and secure their seats.
VMOU Admission 2023 FAQs
Question 1: In case I made any mistake while filling the application and submitted the application how can I correct the info?
Answer: After the online application form is submitted, no request for correction of wrong uploaded data, photo and signature will be accepted. Therefore, keep extreme care while filling the application form.
Question 2: The application fee amount has been deducted from the account but I am not able to print my application form. What should I do?
Answer: At the time of application, if the fee has been deducted from your account and is asking for the fee again for the printout of the entry form, please wait for 7 working days. If the print of the form does not come out even after 7 days, check your bank account for refund. In case of no refund in bank account, file your complaint on vmou.ac.in > Student Support Services > Register Complaints.
Question 3: Can I obtain the admit card to appear in the entrance exam by post?
Answer: The admit card for VMOU entrance exam will only be released through online mode and will not be sent via post or courier.
Question 4: What documents should I carry with me during verification?
Answer: Candidates should carry with them the documents related to qualifying exam (like mark sheet, passing certificate), age proof, category certificate and other certificates as applicable in both original and photocopy.
Question 5: What are the Regional Centers for Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University?
Answer: The following are the regional centers for Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University:
- Regional Centre, Ajmer
- Dayanand College, Beawar Road, Ajmer
- Govt. Sanatan Dharm Pg College, Beawer
- MLV Govt PG College, Bhilwara
- Govt. PG College, Tonk
- Shree Ratan Lal Kanwar Lal Patni Govt. PG College, Kishangarh
- Haribhau Uppadhaya T.T. College, Hatundi, Ajmer
- Govt. PG College, Deoli (Tonk)
- Govt. Banger Pg College, Didwana
- Seth Shri Surajmal Tapadiya Acharya Sanskrit College, Jaswantgarh