Candidates appearing for VITMEE should go through the VITMEE exam pattern to get an idea of the overall structure of the exam. The exam pattern of VITMEE will help the candidates make an effective strategy to clear the exam. Through VITMEE, candidates can enroll themselves into different PG and Ph.D programs offered by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT). Candidates should note that the exam will be conducted in online mode where a computer system will be allotted to them and they have to mark the answers displayed on their screen. The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours. There will be multiple-choice questions asked in the exam where the applicants have to select one option out of the four given choices.
VITMEE Exam Pattern
Before we proceed for the VITMEE exam pattern, it is important for the candidates to know they can secure good marks in the exam if they study for it strictly as per the VITMEE Syllabus prescribed by the authority. The syllabus and exam pattern will help them in giving useful insights into which topic to study, how much importance it carries etc.
- Mode of the exam: The exam will be held in online mode, i.e., it will be a computer-based.
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the paper will be 2 hours.
- Medium of the exam: Questions will be asked in the English language.
- Number of questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam. Candidates will have to choose one option out of the given four ones.
- Total marks: The paper will be of 100 marks in total.
- Marking scheme: Each question answered correctly will fetch 1 mark to the candidates.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision for negative marking. Candidates should therefore attempt all the questions asked in the exam.
|Subjects||Total number of Questions||Total Marks|
List of Papers under VITMEE exam
Here are the names of the technical subjects for which admission through VITMEE will be given to the candidates-
- Biomedical Engineering (BM)
- Civil Engineering (CL)
- Chemical Engineering (CE)
- Chemistry (CH)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EE)
- Instrumentation Engineering (EI)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)
- Life Sciences (LS)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Information and Technology, and Computer and Communication Engineering (CSE&IT)
- Nanotechnology (NT)
- Pharmacy (PM)
- Physics (PH)
- Mathematics (MA)
- MCA (MC)