To select the candidates for admissions to its various PG courses like MCA, M.Tech, and Integrated Ph.D., etc, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) will conduct the VITMEE 2023 exam. Admissions to Chennai and Vellore campuses of the University are granted through this exam. The university may also conduct interviews after this entrance exam. Candidates looking to appear for this exam may submit an application form online before the last date. The exam comprises of 100 questions out of which 80 questions are from the technical subject selected by the aspirants.
- Candidates having more than 2 years of gap in their academic career are not eligible.
- Please check the eligibility criteria very carefully because the application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply. However, completing the graduation degree is necessary by the time of an interview/ counselling.
- The university will allow candidates to choose the time and timing of the exam as per their choice through the slot booking process.
- Please note that the application forms for foreign nationals, NRI and PIO are released separately.
VITMEE 2023 Important Dates
The official schedule for VITMEE 2023 is given in the table below.
|Starting of online application form submission||March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form online||May 2023|
|Starting of slot booking for the exam||May 2023|
|Releasing of admit card||May 2023|
|Date of Examination||June 2023
|Declaration of Result||June 2023|
|Choice preference||June 2023|
|Date of seat allotment||June 2023|
|Payment of advance fee||June 2023|
|Payment of balance fee||June 2023|
VITMEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below before applying to the VITMEE 2023 exam.
- The applicants must possess a full-time graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 60% marks or 1st class for M.Tech or MCA.
- Candidates should have a consistent record in class 10th and 12th.
- Students who are in the final year/ semester of their graduation can also apply. However, every candidate should complete his/her graduation before the selection interview at VIT.
- There should not be a gap of more than 2 years in an academic career.
VITMEE 2023 Application Form
The candidates looking to apply for the VITMEE 2023 exam have to fill and submit an online application form before the last date. Check out helpful instructions regarding the application process given below.
- Candidates may initiate the application process by visiting the official website.
- On the official website, aspirants first need to register by providing some basic contact and personal details.
- Once registered, the candidates will be able to fill the main application form.
- In the application form, applicants have to enter their complete academic, personal and contact details.
- It is also mandatory to upload the scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature in the application form.
- Make sure to choose the most convenient exam center cities while filling details in an application form.
- Once the application form is submitted, aspirants may move on to pay the necessary application fee.
- Don’t forget to take a print out of the application form and fee receipt for future requirements.
- The application form is not considered valid unless the application fee is paid.
- Please note that the application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 1121/-
- The application fee can be paid through the online payment gateways using a credit card, debit or internet banking.
VITMEE Admit Card 2023
- Candidates will get the option to download the VITMEE 2023 admit cards just after the slot booking.
- Make sure you choose the most convenient time and date of the exam during the slot booking.
- Important information related to candidates and the exam will be mentioned on an admit card such as registration number, a photograph of the candidate, exam date, etc.
- No aspirant will be allowed to enter the examination hall without having a valid admit card.
- Keep the admit card safe till the admission process gets over.
VITMEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates may get a basic idea about the VITMEE 2023 by the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-based test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: Not applicable.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Chosen Technical Subject||80||80|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
VITMEE 2023 Syllabus
Aspiring candidates may check the brief syllabus of the VITMEE 2023 exam as given below.
- BioMedical Engineering: Mathematics, Basics of circuits, Transducers and Measurement, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals, Systems, and Communications.
- Civil Engineering: Strength of Materials, Structural Analysis, Reinforced Concrete Structure, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering: Process Calculation and Thermodynamics, Momentum Transfer, Particle Technology, Heat Transfer and Chemical Reaction Engineering, etc.
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Spectroscopy, Thermodynamics, d and f block elements, Solid State, Instrumental methods of analysis, Stereochemistry, Reaction Mechanism, etc.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Analysis of complex variables, Electric circuits, Signals and Systems, Electromagnetic Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, etc.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Network Graph, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Control Systems, Communication Systems, Electromagnetism, etc.
VITMEE 2023 Result
- Authorities will publish the VITMEE 2023 result in online mode through the official website.
- To check the result, candidates have to provide their application number and date of birth.
- Along with the result, a merit list for the candidates shortlisted for the interview/ counselling will also be made available.
- Please note that no physical result card will be send to the successful candidates.
VITMEE 2023 Counselling
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
- During counselling, applicants will get a chance to choose the branches as per their preference.
- Documents of the candidates will also be verified at the time of counselling.
- Please note that the counselling fee of Rs. 12000/- in the form of a Demand draft is required to be deposited in order to appear in the counselling.
Documents required at the time of counselling
- Admit Card of the entrance exam
- 10th and 12th Standard mark sheet
- Mark sheets of all semester/ years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final/ final year as applicable.
- Qualifying degree/ Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer/ Migration/ College Leaving Certificate obtained from the last institute attended.
- Valid GATE score (only for the candidates apply for M.Tech)
- Service Certificate/ No objection certificate issued by the employer.
- Community certificate (for SC/ ST candidates)
- DD of the counselling fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: The counselling will take place in online or offline mode?
Answer: The University will organize offline counselling at the VIT Vellore and Chennai campuses.
Question – 2: What is the application fee for SC/ ST candidates?
Answer: Please note that the application fee is the same for candidates from all the categories.
Questions – 3: Can I pay the application fee offline using a Demand Draft?
Answer: No, the application fee must be paid online using a credit card, debit card or Internet banking.