The candidates who are looking for admission to engineering degree course in Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) can appear for the VITEEE 2024 exam. The admission will be provided at Vellore, Bhopal, Amaravati and Chennai campuses of VIT. The application form for the same may release in November 2023. VIT will release the application form in both online and offline mode.
Although the application form will be made available in both online and offline mode, the exam will be conducted only in online (Computer Based Test) mode. For this exam, the candidates will be allowed to choose the date and time of the exam as per their choice through the online test booking system.
VITEEE 2024 Exam Highlights
- The candidates can access the application form online, request it by post or purchase it from the VIT campuses at Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amaravati.
- After submitting the application form, the candidates can book their seats for the exam. The exam seats will be allotted on the “First come and first serve” basis.
- In case the candidate does not book a slot then it will be booked automatically.
- The candidate should provide a valid email address in the application form because the seat booking password will be sent to the email ID of the candidate only.
- VITEEE 2024 will be a national level exam that is expected to be held at around 124 different cities.
- Before appearing for the exam, the candidate can also attempt a mock/ Demo test from the official website.
- The exam will consist of 125 Question from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology and English subject.
VITEEE 2024 Important Dates
The tentative schedule for the VITEEE 2024 exam is illustrated in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of online/ offline application form||November 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||March 2024
|Release of Admit Card||After booking of test slots|
|Exam Date||May 2024|
|Declaration of Result||May 2024|
|Commencement of Counselling||June 2024|
|Starting of classes||June 2024|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
The aspirant should check the eligibility criteria given below in order to apply for 2024 VITEEE exam.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or an NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- The foreign candidate can also apply through the foreign category. However, a separate application will be made available for foreign students.
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 exam with at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics subjects.
- 10% relaxation in the qualifying exam marks will be given to the SC/ ST candidates and the candidate from J&K, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- The candidates who have studied PCM at 10+2 level are eligible for all programs of B.Tech.
- The applicants who have studied PCB are eligible for B.Tech Bio-engineering and Biotechnology.
- The candidate must have born on or after 1st July 2002.
VITEEE 2024 Application Form
- The application form for VITEEE 2024 exam will be made available in both online and offline mode.
- The online application form will be available on the official website i.e. vit.ac.in.
- Candidates can also get the application form in offline mode through the designated post offices throughout India.
- The offline application can also be purchased from the following campuses of VIT.
- Bhopal (MP) Campus
- Vellore Campus
- Chennai Campus
- Amaravati (AP)
- The candidates should fill all the required details in the application form very carefully.
- Please note that the candidates should paste their photograph on the application form. Do not staple, pin or stitch your photograph on the application form.
- The offline application form should be sent to the following address – Director – UG Admissions, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore – 632014
- The candidate should keep a copy of the submitted application for their reference.
The application fee is different for both online and offline application.
- For online application, the candidates have to pay Rs. 1150/- via Credit Card/ Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Paytm.
- In offline mode of application, the candidates have to pay Rs. 1200/- in the form of a demand draft. The Demand draft should be made in favor of “Vellore Institute of Technology” payable at the respective campus.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
The pattern of the VITEEE 2024 exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Exam)
- Type of Questions to be asked: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Total Number of Questions: 125
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology and English.
- Duration of Exam: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking.
- Language: The questions will be asked only in English language
Distribution of Questions as per the subjects
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
VITEEE 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus for the VITEEE 2024 is given below:
Physics: Laws of Motion & Work, Energy and Power, Properties of Matter, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics, Nuclear Physics, Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
Chemistry: Atomic Structure, p,d and f – Block Elements, Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Alcohols and Ethers, Carbonyl Compounds, Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives, Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
Biology: Taxonomy, Cell and Molecular Biology, Reproduction, Genetics and evolution, Human health and diseases, Biochemistry, Plant physiology, Human physiology, Biotechnology and its applications, Biodiversity, ecology and environment
Mathematics: Matrices and their Applications, Trigonometry and Complex Numbers, Analytical Geometry of two dimensions, Vector Algebra, Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and its Applications, Differential Equations, Probability Distributions, Discrete Mathematics.
VITEEE Admit Card
- The admit card of VITEEE 2024 exam will be released after the candidates book their exam slot online.
- In order to book slots, the candidates have to log in to the online test booking system using their application number and online test booking password.
- The online test booking password will be sent to every candidate via E-mail.
- An admit card will have all the necessary details regarding the exam such as Date, time, roll no. etc.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the admit card at the time of the exam.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
- After the commencement of the exam, the result of VITEEE 2024 exam will be made available on the official website i.e. www.vit.ac.in.
- Along with the result, a rank list according to the marks scored by the candidates will also be published on the website.
- Please note that there is no provision to send the rank card to the selected or unselected candidates by post. However, the rank of the candidates will be sent via SMS on the registered phone number of the candidates.
- There is no provision of rechecking or re-totaling of the answer sheets.
- The allocation of seats will be done after the VITEEE 2024 counselling process.
- The information regarding the date and time of the counselling will be published on the official website.
- No request for a change in the date and time of the counselling will be entertained.
- During the counselling process, the seats will be allotted only on the basis of All India Rank Secured and the choice filled by the candidates.
Most probably in November 2023
Online and offline