The candidates interested in pursuing their engineering degree course from VIT can apply for VITEEE 2023. The application form for the exam has been released on 11th November 2022 and the entrance exam will be held on 17th to 23rd April 2023. The application form can be obtained in online as well as offline mode, but the exam will be conducted only in online mode. This article provides important details related to the VITEEE 2023 such as eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, etc.
Latest: VITEEE 2023 application form is now available, while the last date for submitting application is 31st March 2023.
VITEEE 2023 Important Dates
The dates listed below have been updated according to its official notification:
|Availability of online application form||11th November 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||31st March 2023|
|Admit card release||After booking of test slots|
|Date of exam||17th to 23rd April 2023|
|Result announcement||August 2023
|Counseling process||August 2023
|Commencement of classes||August 2023
VITEEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility requirements in order to appear for VITEEE 2023:
- Indian National, NRI, OCI and PIO candidates are eligible.
- The applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- Those who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board securing a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology can apply.
- A relaxation of 10% in qualifying marks will be given to the SC/ ST candidates and the candidates belonging to the state of Jammu and Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- The Biology students can apply only for B.Tech. Bioengineering/ Biotechnology, B.Tech ECE (Spec. in Biomedical Engineering) and B.Tech CSE (Spec. in Bioinformatics).
VITEEE Application Form 2023
The application form for VITEEE 2023 is now available in online as well as offline (OMR) mode. The online form can be obtained from the official university website www.vit.ac.in and the offline form from the selected post offices whose details will be provided on the website. The applicants will have to provide the details such as name, gender, category, address, educational qualification, etc in the application form. After entering all the details in the form, the candidates will have to submit it along with the required application fee. The OMR application form should be enclosed in the printed envelope provided, addressed to Director- UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore- 632 014 and send it through registered post/ speed post. The online form should be submitted online only.
The candidates who wish to submit their application online can make the application fee payment via Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card. The NRI candidates can submit their fee via demand draft and those who wish to buy the OMR application form, they have to pay their fees in cash.
|For online application||Rs. 1150/-|
|For offline application||Rs. 1200/-|
|For NRI candidates||USD 50|
VITEEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The overview of the exam pattern of VITEEE 2023 is given here:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2:30 hours
- Language of paper: English
- No. of questions: 125
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark and there will be no negative marking.
|Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
VITEEE Syllabus 2023
The syllabus of the exam will be as per the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus prescribed for class 11th and 12th. The detailed syllabus for VITEEE is given below:
- Mathematics: Trigonometry and Complex Numbers, Matrices and their Applications, Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions, Vector Algebra, Differential Equations, Calculus, etc
- Physics: Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Optics, Nuclear Physics, Semiconductor Devices and their Applications, etc
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics, Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry, Carbonyl Compounds, Alcohols and Ethers, Electrochemistry, etc
- Biology: Human health and diseases, Biotechnology and its applications, Biochemistry, Taxonomy, Biodiversity, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Cell and Molecular Biology, etc
- English: Grammar, Comprehension, Passages, Pronunciation, etc
How to Prepare for VITEEE 2023?
The following preparation strategy can help the applicants can in cracking their VITEEE 2023:
- Make monthly study plans/ time table for your studies. Update your time table according to your preparation status.
- Do not try to study from plenty of books as it will only create confusion in your mind. NCERT books are the best for preparation of this exam.
- Make notes while you study. Notes are very important when you are up for revision at the last moment.
- Try to practice the previous years’ question paper. This will also provide you a better understanding of the exam pattern.
VITEEE 2023 Recommended Books
For strong basics, NCERT books are highly recommended. However, if you wish, you can follow these suggested books for better understanding of the topics, after you have completed your NCERTs:
- Physics: HC Verma, DC Pandey
- Chemistry: OP Tandon (Physical & Inorganic Chemistry), Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
- Mathematics: SL Loney, RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma
- Biology: Pradeep Publication’s Biology, Objective Biology by Dinesh
VITEEE 2023 Admit Card
The admit card will be generated for the candidates once they book the test slot through Online Test Booking System. The candidates will have to enter their application form number and online test booking password in order to download the admit card. The candidate must carry the admit card to the exam center in order to appear for the exam.
VITEEE Result 2023
The result will be declared on the official website of the university. The rank of the candidate will be intimated to them on their registered mobile number. On the basis of total marks secured in the entrance test, a merit list will be prepared. The candidates shortlisted based on their entrance exam rank will be called for the counselling.
VITEEE 2023 Counseling
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the counseling process. The candidates will be required to attend the counseling in person. The candidates will have to carry the important documents along with them at the time of counseling for verification purpose. After verification of documents and other eligibility requirements, the candidates will be allowed to participate in the counseling.
7 thoughts on “VITEEE 2023: Application Form (till 31 March), Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Eligibility”
Please update the details
From when to start prepare for exam .I’m currently studying grade 11, should I start by now??
Please inform us fee of entrance exam
Plz give the notification of exam to my email
We are looking forward to provide every possible update in this post. Thanks for joining the conversation. Stay tuned!
Keep me updated please
Keep checking this post. Thanks