The Visva Bharti University invites applications from the interested candidates for admission into its B.Ed degree programme. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the secondary, senior secondary and graduation level exams. Interested candidates who meet the eligibility requirements as well can fill and submit their application forms. The application form is expected to release online in the month of May 2021. Rest details related to the Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 can be found from this article.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 Main Highlights
- Process of application submission for the B.Ed admission will be completely online.
- Only the candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be allowed to take part in the selection round.
- Application fee once submitted by the candidates will not be returned under any circumstances.
- The candidates whose applications are not received in time will not be considered for admissions.
- Candidates who fail to report for the counseling or admission round as per the prescribed schedule will be debarred from giving final admissions.
- It is suggested that the candidates ensure their eligibility criteria before applying for the Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021.
- Kindly note that there will be no entrance exam/ admission test and selection will done solely on the merit basis.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 are given in the table below:
|Online application process commences from
|2nd week of May 2021
|Last date for online application submission
|2nd week of June 2021
|Publication of merit list
|3rd week of June 2021
|Beginning of selection process
|4th week of June 2021
|Commencement of classes
|1st week of July 2021
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates following the below-mentioned eligibility criteria will only be considered for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021:
- The upper age limit is ordinarily 35 years in case of pre-service candidates and 45 years in case of in-service candidates.
- The age of OBC, SC & ST candidates will be relaxed as per rule of the Government of India.
- The pre-service (internal & external) and in-service candidates should have 3-Year BA/ B.Sc/ B.Music (Rabindra-Sangeet/ Classical) Degree with Honors/ Major subject from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Candidates belonging to General and EWS category should have scored at least 50% marks, 45% marks for OBC candidates and pass marks for SC/ ST candidates in Honors/ Major Subject.
- The candidates must have studied any of the following subjects as combination at graduation level, one of which should be Honors/ Major subject: Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Santali, Economics, Geography, History (Ancient/ Modern), Music (Rabindra-Sangeet/ Classical), Philosophy, Mathematics, Statistics, Education, Physical Science (Physics/ Chemistry) and Life Science (Botany/ Zoology).
- In-service candidates should have at least 3 years continuous experience as a full-time approved regular teacher in any secondary school recognized by the Central or respective State Government.
- A copy of the No Objection Certificate from the competent authority/ a copy of Managing Committee Resolution regarding his/her deputation and approval letter from DI or equivalent competent authority should be submitted by such candidates at the time of admission.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 Application Form
- Candidates can apply online for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 through the application system vbu.ucanapply.com/entrance.
- The candidates will have to provide their important personal and academic details into the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should be uploaded into the application form as well.
- The candidates must submit their duly-filled application form on or before the last date.
- A copy of the filled-in application form should be kept by the candidates for future reference.
- There is no need to send the copy of the application form or any other kind of documents or receipts to the university.
- To complete the process of application, the candidates will also have to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
Payment of application fee can be done via debit card/ credit card/ net banking or through HDFC bank challan.
Check below the category-wise application fee for Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021:
|For one subject
|For each additional subject*
|General, EWS and OBC candidates
|SC/ ST and PWD candidates
*In case the candidates wish to apply for any other course along with B.Ed.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Admission 2021 Merit List
- No admission test will be conducted for admission to B.Ed courses in the Visva Bharti University.
- The merit list for admission will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the different exams like Secondary, Senior Secondary, graduation, etc.
- Both general and category-wise merit lists will be prepared by the authorities.
- In case of any tie, tie-breaking criteria will be followed as per the rules of the university.
- For in-service candidates, the selection list will be drawn on the basis of their service seniority.
- Candidates will be able to check the merit list for the admission by visiting the official website of the university.
Visva Bharti B.Ed Selection Process
- The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be invited for counseling and document verification.
- Candidates reporting for the counseling must carry with them all the important documents in original and photocopy.
- Once the documents and eligibility of the candidates are verified, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their merit.
- Those who are allotted a seat will then have to complete the process of admission like fee payment, certificate submission, etc.