Vishva Bharati Santiniketan is the authority responsible for managing Visva Bharati University Admission 2022. The university offers admission into a large number of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate, and Advanced diploma courses. Those candidates who are looking to take admission need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. The university will conduct entrance exams to shortlist the candidates for admission to various courses. Apart from this, admissions will also be provided based on the qualifying examination merit. In this article, all the necessary details of Vishva Bharati University Admission 2022 are provided.
The courses offered by the university are divided into different departments. Given below is the list of courses available along with their codes.
- Bhasha – Bhavana (Institute of Languages, Literature & Culture) – 01
- B.A. (Honours) – 11
- M.A. – 12
- M. Phil. – 13
- Diploma – 14
- Advanced Diploma – 15
- Certificate – 16
- One Yr. Course for Foreign Students – 17
- Ph.D. (Including Integrated M.Phill. & Ph.D) – 18
- Vidya-Bhavana (Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences) – 02
- B.A. (Honours) – 21
- M.A – 22
- M. Phil. – 23
- One Yr. Course for Foreign Students – 27
- Ph.D. (Inclu. Integrated M.Phill. & Ph.D) – 28
- Siksha-Bhavana (Institute of Science) – 03
- B.Sc.(Honours) – 31
- M.Sc. (Inclu. Five-Year Integrated M.Sc.) – 32
- Ph.D – 33
- Sangit-Bhavana (Institute of Music, Dance & Drama) – 04
- B. Music (Honours) – 41
- M. Music – 42
- Certificate – 43
- M. Phil. – 44
- One Yr. Course for Foreign Students – 45
- Ph.D. (Inclu. Integrated M.Phill. & Ph.D) – 46
- Short Term Course on Esraj – 47
- Kala-Bhavana (Institute of Fine Arts) – 05
- B.F.A.(Honours) – 51
- M.F.A. – 52
- Diploma – 53
- Advanced Diploma – 54
- Certificate – 55
- Bridge Course in History of Art – 56
- One Yr. Course for Foreign Students – 57
- One Yr. Course for Indian Students – 58
- Ph.D. – 59
- Palli-Samgathana Vibhaga (Institute of Rural Reconstruction) – 06
- B.S.W. (Honours) – 61
- M.S.W. – 62
- Bachelor of Rural Studies (Honours) – 63
- Master of Rural Studies. – 64
- M.A. in Rural Management – 65
- B. Des./B.Voc – 66
- Certificate in Indian Craft – 67
- Ph.D. – 68
- M.Des – 69
- Diploma – 70
- Palli-Siksha Bhavana (Institute of Agriculture) – 07
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture – 71
- M.Sc. (Ag.) – 72
- Ph.D. – 73
- Vinaya-Bhavana (Institute of Education) – 08
- B.Ed. – 81
- M.Ed. – 82
- M.A. (Education) – 83
- B.A. – 84
- B.Sc. – 85
- B.P.Ed. – 86
- M.P.Ed. – 87
- Ph.D. – 88
- PGDY – 89
- Patha Bhavana (Institute of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education) – 09
- Pre-Degree(Science) – 91
- Pre-Degree(Humanities) – 92
- Siksha Satra (Institute of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education) – 10
- Pre-Degree(Science) – 96
- Pre-Degree(Humanities – 97
The tentative schedule of the Vishva Bharati University admission 2022 is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||2nd week of May 2022|
|Last date for the submission of online application form||2nd week of June 2022|
|Declaration of result||Yet to be announced|
|Release of the first merit list for admission||Yet to be announced|
|Counselling for the vacant seats||Yet to be announced|
|Release of the second merit list for admission||Yet to be announced|
|Starting of the classes||Yet to be announced|
Vishva Bharati University Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is the duty of candidates to make sure that they meet all the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. Given below are the eligibility criteria of some of the major courses offered by the Vishva Bharati University.
B.A (Hons.) Bengali
- The candidates must have at least 60% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in Bengali (General/Elective) at + 2 level (54% marks for reserved category candidates).
B.A (Hons.) English
- It is necessary for a candidate to have at least 75% marks in aggregate & 75% marks in General English at the +2 level. 67.5% marks for reserved category candidates.
B.A (Hons.) Hindi
- Aspirants must have a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in Hindi at least (half paper 50 marks) at the +2 level.
B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- Candidates should have at least 60% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in Chemistry with pass marks in Mathematics at +2 level (54% marks for reserved category applicants)
Five-Year Integrated M.Sc.
- Regular Science students secured at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in class XII (10+2) examination can apply. (54% for reserved category applicants)
M.F.A (Painting/ Graphicart (Printmaking)/ Design (Ceremic & Glass)/ Design (Textile)/ Sculpture)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks/ Corresponding grade in BFA or equivalent degree (minimum 4 years course) from a recognized University/ Institution. 49.5% marks for reserved category candidates.
Advanced Diploma in Painting/ GraphicArt (Printmaking)/ Design (Ceremic & Glass)/ Design (Textile)/ Sculpture.
- Aspirants should have at least 55% marks / Corresponding grade in BFA or equivalent degree (minimum 4 years course) from a recognized University / Institution. 49.5% marks for reserved category candidates.
Vishva Bharati University Application Form 2022
The application form for Vishva Bharati University Admission 2022 will release in online mode only. Those interested candidates who want to apply may visit the official website in order to apply. All the necessary details related to the application process are given below.
- To start the application process, aspirants need to register on the official website of the university.
- In order to register, candidates will be asked to enter some of their basic details including name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Once registered, aspirants will be required to sign-in using the login credentials generated at the time of the registration.
- Next, the applicants have to enter their completed educational, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- The details filled in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the university can reject the candidature of an applicant.
- Apart from the details, the candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- It is also necessary to pay the application fee at the time of submitting the application form.
- Candidates must also take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fees for Vishva Bharati University Admission 2022 are given below.
- For general, EWS & OBC candidates: Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 400/- for each additional subject)
- For SC, ST, & PWD candidates: Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for each additional subject)
Mode of payment – The application fee can be paid online using any of the following payment methods i.e. Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash Card, Payment through mobiles (A nominal TDR charge would be applicable).
- The selection process for admission is different for various courses.
- For some courses, the university will conduct entrance examinations.
- On the other hand, the university will also offer admission based on the qualifying examination merit.
- Those who will get shortlisted have to get their documents verified.
Vishva Bharati University Admission 2022 Admit Card
- The university will release admit card for those candidates who will fill and submit the application form before the last date.
- In order to download the admit card, aspirants have to enter the registration details.
- The information about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card along with a valid ID proof.
- Applicants must keep the admit card safe even after the examination as it will be required during the admission process.
Result and Merit List
- The result of Vishva Bharati University Entrance Exam 2022 will release in online mode only.
- In order to check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and other registration details.
- It is necessary for the candidates to obtain equal to or more than cutoff marks in order to get admission.
- Please note that that it is compulsory the general category aspirants to score at least 30 marks out of 100 and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates.
- There is no minimum cutoff marks for SC/ ST candidates.
- Apart from the result, authorities will also release a merit list for the candidates shortlisted for admission.
- Only those candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list.
Vishva Bharati University Admission 2022 Counselling
- The university will allow only those candidates to participate in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list.
- In the counselling process, candidates have to complete all the admission formalities.
- The university will also verify the documents of candidates at the time of the counselling.
- The seats will be allotted based on the merit list solely.
- Please note that the admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for Vishva Bharati University admission 2022 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode.
Question – 2: Is it possible to pay the application fee in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application fee must be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Question – 3: Will there be entrance exams for all the courses?
Answer: No, there will not be entrance exams for all the courses. The admission to some courses will also be offered on the basis of qualifying examination merit.
Question – 4: Am I going to receive the admit card of the entrance examination by post?
Answer: No, the admit card will not be sent by post.
Question – 5: How many seats are reserved for the candidates of various categories?
Answer: The percentage of seats reserved for candidates of various categories are as follows.
- PwD candidates: 5% seats
- SC candidates: 15% seats
- ST candidates: 7.5% seats
- OBC candidates: 27% seats