The Union Public Service Commission will hold a written exam for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). The exam is going to be conducted on 6th August 2023, the applications for which are to be released on 26th April 2023. Mode of availability and submission of applications will be completely online. Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit card and appear for the exam. This article provides the interested candidates detailed information related to UPSC CAPF 2023.
UPSC CAPF application form will be available from 26th April 2023.
UPSC CAPF 2023
- Service allocation will be made on the basis of position in the merit list and the service preferences given at the time of filling the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- Admission of candidates at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- The commission provides the facility of withdrawal of application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the examination.
- Only black ball point pen should be used for writing in the exam. All other type and color of pens are prohibited.
- Appearing candidates who will clear their qualifying exam, with proof, before submission of DAF are eligible to apply too.
UPSC CAPF 2023 Important Dates
The table below presents the important dates related to UPSC CAPF 2023:
|Release date of online application form||26th April 2023|
|Last date to submit the online application||16th May 2023|
|Commencement of withdrawal of application||To be updated|
|Last date for withdrawal of application||To be updated|
|Admit card issue date||To be updated|
|Date of examination||6th August 2023|
|Announcement of result||To be updated|
|Date of PET/ PST and medical test||To be updated|
|Date of interview||To be updated|
|Announcement of final result||To be updated|
UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria 2023
Find below the basic eligibility criteria of UPSC CAPF 2023 in terms of nationality, gender, age and education.
- Only the citizens of India are eligible to apply except for those with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing.
- Both male and female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Candidates within the age group 20 to 25 years as on 1st August 2023 are eligible.
Relaxation in upper age:
- 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ ST category
- 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category
- 5 years for Civilian Central Government Servants/ Ex-Servicemen
- 5 years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989
- The applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in any field obtained from a recognized university.
UPSC CAPF 2023 Application Form
Online application form for UPSC CAPF 2023 can be obtained from the official website www.upsconline.nic.in. Candidates will be required to complete the application form containing two stages viz. Part I and Part II and submit it before the last date.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Details of a valid photo identity proof should also be mentioned into the application form.
- Important documents such as candidates’ photograph and signature should be uploaded into the application form in scanned format.
- Once all details are entered into the form, it can be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- A registration id (RID) is generated upon successful submission of application form that must be noted down for future reference.
- The application fee for the UPSC CAPF examination is Rs. 200/-.
- Female/ SC/ ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done through cash submission using SBI challan or via SBI net banking or any bank debit card/ credit card.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2023
An overview of the exam pattern for UPSC CAPF 2023 is given below.
- Number of papers: 2
- Duration of exam: 3 hours (each paper)
- Medium of exam:
- Paper I: English & Hindi
- Paper II: English only
- Type of questions:
- Paper I: Objective type
- Paper II: Descriptive type
- Total marks: 450
- Negative marking: One-third marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer in Paper I.
|Paper I||General Ability and Intelligence||250 marks|
|Paper II||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||200 marks|
- Total marks: 150
UPSC CAPF 2023 Syllabus
A basic idea of the UPSC CAPF 2023 syllabus has been provided below.
- General Mental Ability: Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude Including Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- General Science: General Awareness, Scientific Temper, Comprehension & Appreciation of Scientific Phenomena of Everyday Observation Including Areas of Information Technology, Biotechnology & Environmental Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance: Current Events of National & International Importance in area of Culture, Music, Arts, Literature, Sports, Governance, etc
- Indian Polity and Economy: Political System of India, Social Systems & Public Administration, Economic Development in India, Regional & International Security Issues, etc
- History of India: Social, Economic & Political Aspects of Indian History, Areas of Growth of Nationalism and Freedom Movement.
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, Social & Economic Aspects of Geography Pertaining to India and the World.
- Part A (80 marks): Essay questions (to be answered in Hindi or English), Indicative topics include modern Indian History Related to Freedom Struggle, Geography, Polity & Economy, etc
- Part B (120 marks): Comprehension Passages, Précis Writing, Developing Counter Arguments, Other Communications/ Language Skills, Simple Grammar etc
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2023
- Admit card to appear in the exam will be released approx. 3 weeks before the exam date.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card by visiting the official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- A copy of the admit card should be carried to the exam center along with a valid identity proof.
- Those with any difficulty in downloading the admit card can contact the commission providing details of their registration.
- Entry into the exam hall will not be granted without the admit card and id proof under any circumstances.
UPSC CAPF 2023 Result
- Result of the written test will be announced online and can be checked form the official website of UPSC.
- Qualified candidates will then have to appear for Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and medical test.
- After this, an interview/ personality test of the candidates will also be conducted.
- Clearing all these rounds will make the candidates eligible to participate in the further rounds of selection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What happens if I submit multiple applications by mistake?
Ans.: In case of multiple submission, the application submitted last i.e. one with the highest RID will only be considered. The application fee submitted for the rest of the applications will not be refunded.
Question 2: What is the procedure of withdrawal of application?
Ans.: Candidates who after application submission decide that they do not want to appear for the exam can withdraw their applications. A time limit will be given for the same and candidates can withdraw their applications by receiving different OTPs send by the commission. However, no application fee will be refunded.
Question 3: How can I clear my doubts regarding different process of the CAPF examination?
Ans.: In case of any guidance/ information/ clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc., the candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter in person or over telephone.
Question 4: How can I get exam center of my choice?
Ans.: You can provide your preferred option for exam center city while filling the application form. Allotment is done on first apply first serve basis so you must want to submit your application as early as possible to get exam center of your choice.