UPES Admission 2023 The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies conducts an entrance test to select the candidates for admission into its B.Tech degree programme. The application form to appear for the exam will be tentatively release in the month of October 2022. Applying candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility before they apply for the exam. Entrance test is expected to be held in the month of May 2023. The entrance exam and application process both will be online. Candidates can get the detailed information related to UPESEAT 2023 from this article.
UPES Admission 2023
- To provide financial assistance to the students, the university offers scholarships from partial to full on the basis of merit.
- Other than the entrance test conducted by the university, candidates can also apply for B.Tech programme on the basis of JEE and board exam.
- The admit card uploaded by the university on its website will be mandatory for appearing in the entrance exam and will also be required at the time of admission.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any later stage will be debarred from continuing the course even if admission is granted.
- It is mandatory for each incoming student to be equipped with a tablet or laptop conforming to the minimum specifications outlined by the university.
UPESEAT 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to UPESEAT 2023 are given below in the table.
|Availability of online application form||October 2022/ November 2022|
|Last date for submitting the application||1st week of May 2023|
|Admit card release date||Last week of April 2023 onwards|
|Date of exam||2nd week of May 2023|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of May 2023|
|Counseling process begins from||1st week of June 2023|
UPESEAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligibility criteria for appearing in the UPESEAT exam 2023:
- The candidates must have cleared their class 10th and class 12th exam with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is also required in both these classes.
- Applicants with JEE Main merit can also apply for B.Tech admissions without appearing in UPESEAT. Above mentioned eligibility criteria applies to these candidates too.
- Candidates with minimum 80% marks at class 10th & 12th level and minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12 board exams can also apply directly for the entrance test.
UPESEAT 2023 Application Form
- The candidates will be able to fill the UPESEAT 2023 application form online on the official website of the university www.admission.upes.ac.in/apply.
- Personal details and academic history of the candidates need to be entered in the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Once the information asked in the application form is provided correctly, the candidates can submit it with the prescribed application fee.
- After submission of the form, the candidates should take a printout of the same and keep it safe with them.
- Only the candidates submitting their applications in time will be able to download the admit card to appear in the entrance test.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1350/- for Indian students and USD 75 for International students.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
UPESEAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The overview of UPESEAT exam pattern 2023 is given below:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Mode of exam: Online
- Medium of test: English
- Number of questions: 200
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
UPESEAT Admit Card 2023
- Candidates can avail the admit card for appearing in the UPESEAT 2023 through online mode.
- The candidates will be able download their admit card by visiting the official website of the university www.upes.ac.in.
- Admit card must be carried by the candidates to the exam center while reporting on the day of the entrance exam.
- Applicants are suggested to keep their admit card safe as a distorted or damaged admit card will not be considered as valid.
UPESEAT 2023 Result
- Result of the entrance exam will be declared online tentatively in the month of May 2023.
- By using their details such as registration number, roll number, date of birth, etc, the candidates will be able to check their result.
- A merit list on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the test will be prepared by the authorities.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to take part in the counseling process based on their merit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. How can I get exam center of my choice to appear for UPESEAT 2023?
Answer: You can provide your choice for exam center at the time of filling the application form. The exam center will be however allotted to you subject to availability and might differ from the one selected.
Question 2. What are the different pathways for admission into UPES B.Tech degree programme?
Answer: The candidates can apply for B.Tech programmes on the basis of these three pathways:
- UPESEAT- Appear and clear this entrance exam conducted by the university
- JEE Main- Appear and clear this entrance exam conducted by the NTA
- Board exam- Score more than 80% marks in your 12th board exams
Question 3. Will I able to select the B.Tech branch of my choice?
Answer: Yes. At the time of counseling, the candidates will be allowed to provide the choice for course specialization in which they seek admission.
Question 4. What is the syllabus of UPESEAT?
Answer: The syllabus of the UPESEAT exam is similar to that of JEE Main exam.