The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies invites application from eligible candidates for admission into its M.Tech degree programme offered into various specializations. Candidates who wish to pursue their M.Tech degree course from this university can apply through online mode. The candidates who register themselves on time will be invited to appear for an interview round. Complete details related to the UPES MEET 2023 such as application process, interview, result, etc can be found here from this article.
UPES MEET 2023
- The candidates need to ensure their eligibility for the programme they wish to apply for.
- Candidates who register themselves successfully will only be allowed to attend the interview round.
- The candidates must report for the interview as per the scheduled communicated by the institute. Failure will do so will lead to rejection of candidate.
- In case a candidate is ineligible and secured admission on the basis of false information, such candidates can be disqualified even after successful enrolment.
- Documents like copy of application form, admit card, etc should be kept safe till the whole process of admission is over.
UPES MEET 2023 Schedule
Check out the important dates related to the UPES MEET 2023:
|Availability of online application form||To be announced later|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be announced later|
|Date of interview||To be announced later|
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
|Commencement of admission process||To be announced later|
UPES MEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For admission into the M.Tech degree programmes, the candidates should hold the following academic qualification based on the course they wish to apply for:
|Course specialization||Desired qualification|
|Chemical Engineering with specialization in Process Design Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/ Petro Chemical Engineering/ Petroleum Engineering with minimum 60% marks|
|Computer Science & Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in IT/ CSE/ EEE/ ECE/ Instrumentation & Control with minimum 60% marks|
|Energy Systems||B.Tech/ BE in Electrical/ Electronics/ EEE/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering with minimum 60% marks|
|Pipeline Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Mechanical/ Chemical/ Civil/ Petroleum/ Engineering with minimum 60% marks|
|Automation & Robotics Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Electronics/ EEE/ Mechanical/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Electrical/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering with minimum 60% marks|
|Computational Fluid Dynamics||B.Tech/ BE in Aerospace/ Aeronautical/ Mechanical/ Civil/ Chemical with minimum 60% marks|
|Health, Safety & Environment with specialization in Disaster Management||B.Tech/ BE in Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil/ Industrial Safety/ Petroleum Engineering/ Geo- Science Engineering/ Fire Safety Engineering/ Electronics/ Geo Informatics with minimum 60% marks|
|Renewable Energy Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Electrical/ Electronics/ EEE/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering with minimum 60% marks|
|Rotating Equipment||B.Tech/ BE in Mechanical/ Production & Industrial/ Mechatronics/ Industrial Automation with minimum 60% marks|
|Structural Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Civil Engineering with minimum 60% marks|
|Health, Safety & Environment Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil/ Industrial Safety/ Petroleum Engineering/ Geo Science Engineering/ Fire Safety Engineering/ Electronics/ Geo Informatics with minimum 60% marks|
|Petroleum Engineering||B.Tech/ BE in Petroleum/ Gas Engineering/ Petroleum Refining/ Petrochemical Engineering/ Geo Science/ Mechanical/ Chemical or M.Sc in Geology with minimum 60% marks|
UPES MEET 2023 Application Form
The interested candidates can apply for the UPES MEET 2023 through online mode. The application form will be made available on the official website of the institute www.upes.ac.in.
- Applicants will have to provide their personal details, academic details, etc into the application form.
- The candidates also need to upload copies of their photograph and signature in the application in scanned format.
- Details should be entered very carefully into the application form as any mistake can make the application liable for rejection.
- Once the application form is completely filled, the candidates can submit it along with the required application fee.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the duly filled application form and keep it safe for future use.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1850/- and can be paid using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- For foreign national candidates, the application fee will be USD 75.
UPES MEET 2023 Interview & Result
- Candidates who register themselves successfully will be intimated about the interview round.
- The candidates need to appear at the interview center and the date and time communicated to them by the university.
- The university will announce the result of the selection process online after the successful conduct of interview.
- Candidates scoring marks more than the prescribed cut-off will be declared as qualified.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in the order of their ranking and displayed on the official website.
- Further process of admission will be conducted as per the names of the candidates in the merit list.
UPES MEET 2023 Admission
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the admissions will have to get their documents and eligibility verified.
- Details of the verification process will be communicated to the candidates at proper time.
- Reporting candidates must carry all their documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- Once the documents are verified successfully, the candidates will be offered final admission.
- Admission will be final after the important documents are submitted and required fees are paid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What would be the basis of admission to UPES M.Tech degree programme?
Answer: The candidates will be selected for admission to M.Tech courses on the basis of their performance in the qualifying exam and interview. Other than this, the academic record of the candidates will also play a major role in selection. Candidates with a score in GATE will be given preference.
Question 2: What modes are available for applying for the M.Tech degree programme?
Answer: The university will release the application form only online. Other than this, no mode of obtaining, filling or submitting of applications will be provided.
Question 3: How can I provide the choice for course specialization for which I seek admission?
Answer: The candidates will be given the opportunity to select the course specialization of their choice at the time of filling the application form or at the time of interview.
Question 4: Where can I get the detailed information about the interview process?
Answer: The university will appoint a coordinator before the conduct of the interview process. The candidates can contact him/ her to know the details of the same.