UPES MEET 2022 is a university level entrance exam conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun. It is organized for eligible candidates who are willing to pursue admissions in various M.Tech programs offered by the university. UPES MEET 2022 will be conducted in three phases in a sequential manner via online mode. Candidates who have qualified GATE will get admission on the basis of their GATE Score & hence they need not to appear for the entrance exam. In this Article, we aim to provide aspirants all the comprehensive information about UPES MEET 2022 under one platform, so that they won’t have to switch from one source to another. Candidates are recommended to read the article completely to know what the exam entails.
Programmes Offered by UPES MEET
|Chemical Engineering with specialization in Process Design Engineering
|Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence
|Computational Fluid Dynamics
|Health, Safety & Environment with specialization in Disaster Management
|Nuclear Science & Technology
|Renewable Energy Engineering
|Aerospace Engineering with specialization in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
|Structural Engineering with specialization in offshore structures
|Health, Safety & Environment Engineering
UPES MEET 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||UPES M.Tech Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Administered by||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies|
|Level of Exam||PG|
|Total No. of Programs||14|
|Application Mode||Online /Offline|
Important Events of UPES MEET 2022
|Application Form Availability||Yet to be Announced|
|Last Date to Submit the form||Yet to be Announced|
|Phase 1 Exam Date||Yet to be Announced|
|Last date to submit the application for Phase 2||Yet to be Announced|
|Phase 2 Exam Date||Yet to be Announced|
|Result of Phase 2 Exam||Yet to be Announced|
|Last date of application submission for Phase 3||Yet to be Announced|
|Phase 3 Exam Date||Yet to be Announced|
|Result of Phase 3 Exam||Yet to be Announced|
Candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria laid out by the university because only then they’ll be able to appear for the entrance exam. The Eligibility Criteria of UPES MEET 2022 is different for each programme. Candidates should read the general criteria mentioned by the university given below –
- The candidates should have cleared B.E/ B.Tech in the relevant discipline.
- Candidates appearing for the exam should have at least 60% aggregate marks in their Graduation respectively.
- A Minimum of 60% marks should also have been scored by the candidates in class 10th & 12th
- Candidates with a valid GATE score will be exempted from UPES MEET 2019 entrance examination.
- The authorities responsible for admissions will release the application form of UPES MEET 2022 in both online and offline mode.
- Only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria should proceed for form filling Process.
- Ineligible candidates will be debarred from the exam.
For an effective strategy to clear the exam, candidates should be aware about the exam pattern before dwelling further. Hence they are suggested to go through the given exam pattern for quick reference –
- The Exam will be conducted in 3 Phases.
- The Mode of Exam will be Computer based Test (Online).
- The question paper will be of 1 Hour.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks Assigned|
One of the important aspect of any exam lies with its syllabus. Candidates who prepare according to the syllabus gets natural advantage over their competitors. Hence it is important that a candidate align his/her preparation strategy with the syllabus to clear the entrance exam with flying colors. Candidates can note down the below syllabus as a footnote for the UPES MEET Exam 2022.
|Engineering Mathematics||• Differential Equations (ordinary and partial)
• Fundamentals of Differential Calculus
• Fundamentals of Integral Calculus
• Fundamentals of Vector Calculus
• Numerical Techniques
• Determinants and Matrices
|General Engineering||• Fundamentals of Electrical Circuits
• Electrical Machines
• Control and Measurement and Power system
• Fundamentals of analog and digital electronics
• Fundamentals of kinetics
• Fundamentals of machine tools
• Introduction to laws of thermodynamics
• Properties of Steam
• Introduction to fluid properties
• Fluid dynamics
• Fundamentals of Energy and Environment
|General Aptitude||• Logical reasoning
• Analytical ability
• Decision making
• problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.)
• Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.)
|English||• Verbal ability
• Language comprehension
• Verbal reasoning
• Contextual usage
• Fill in the blanks
• Sentence correction
• Sentence completion
• One word substitution
• Different usage of same words
UPES MEET Admit Card
The admit card for UPES MEET 2022 will be made available for all three examination phases. All registered candidates will have to take a print out of the admit card and bring it to the examination centre. If they fail to bring admit card to the venue, they will not be permitted to take the exam. Candidates will also be required to carry a valid ID Proof in order to mark the entry in the exam.
UPES MEET Result
The result of UPES MEET 2022 will be announced separately for all three examination phases by the admission authorities. Admissions will be done on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the examination. The result of UPES MEET 2022 will be made available on official website. Aspirants who qualified the exam will additionally be allowed to appear for counseling process. The date of the counseling will be announced here, once the university makes official statement. Candidates will have to bring their essential documents during the counseling process.
Note: For more updates/Latest news about UPES MEET 2022, candidates are advised to stay tuned to this page.