The University of Jammu will select the candidates for B.Ed. Admission based on the entrance exam. The university will conduct its own entrance exam in which the candidates have to answer 180 questions within 3 hours. Those who are looking to apply for the University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 need to fill and submit the online application form before the last date. It is expected that the application process will start in the month of April 2023. All the necessary details related to the University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 are provided in this post.
University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 Schedule
Aspiring candidates can check the tentative schedule of the University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 as given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the online application form submission||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Availability of the admit card||3rd week of June 2023|
|Date of examination||3rd week of June 2023|
|Result declaration||2nd week of July 2023|
|Sending of documents for verification||Within 7 days of the declaration of the result|
University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates who are looking to apply for the examination must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission.
- The candidates should be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir
- The aspirant must possess a B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BCA/ BBA degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Aspirants need to have a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree exam. 40% marks are required for the candidates who belong to the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates who are going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2023 are also eligible.
University of Jammu B.Ed. 2023 Application Form
The authorities will make the application form available in online mode only. Those who are looking to apply for the University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 need to visit the official website in order to access the application form. All the necessary details related to the application process are as follows.
- To begin the application process, candidates have to register on the official website of the University of Jammu.
- During registration, aspirants have to provide some of their basic details such as name, phone number, email address, etc.
- After the registration gets over, candidates will be able to access the main application form.
- All the candidates have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details in the main application form.
- In addition to the details, candidates have to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- Apart from the scanned images of photograph and signature, candidates have to upload the following document in the application form.
- Permanent resident certificate
- Qualifying marks certificate
- Category certificate, if applicable
- DOB proof
- Aspirants, please note that the size of the uploaded images must be 100 KB to 200 KB.
- There is no need to self-attest any of the documents uploaded on the application form.
- Then, candidates have to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised that the candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirement.
- The application fee is the same for all the candidates i.e. Rs. 1000/-
Mode of payment: Aspiring candidates need to pay the application fee in online mode using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 Admit Card
- The university will release admit cards for those candidates who will submit the application form and fees before the last date.
- All the important details like the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates must download the admit card from the official website and take a printout of the same.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card and a valid photo ID proof.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to reach the examination hall strictly as per the schedule mentioned on the Admit card. No request for the change in an exam centre will be entertained.
The pattern of the University of Jammu B.Ed. Entrance Exam 202w is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Offline (Pen and Paper based examination)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 180 questions
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Language of the questions: English only
- Marking Pattern: 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of every incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Aptitude for teaching profession||45||45|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks|
Result & Merit List
- After conducting the exam, authorities will declare the University of Jammu B.Ed. Entrance Exam 202w result in online mode.
- To check the result, candidates have to visit the official website and provide their roll no. and other details.
- The result card will contain information about the subject-wise and total marks secured by the candidates.
- Along with the result, the university will also publish a merit list of the candidates shortlisted for admission.
- The merit list will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test.
University of Jammu B.Ed. Admission 2023 Counselling
- Only those candidates will be allowed to take part in the counselling process who will secure more than cut-off marks and get their names in the merit list.
- During the counselling, candidates will be asked to enter their choice of colleges in which they are looking to study.
- The seats will be allotted based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance test and choice filled during the counselling.
- The University of Jammu will also verify the documents of the candidates during counselling. So, it is a responsibility of the candidate to make sure they carry original documents at the time of the counselling for verification purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I will appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2023. Can I apply for the University of Jammu B.Ed. Entrance test 2023?
Answer: Yes, the students who will appear for the qualifying examination in the year 2023 are also eligible.
Question – 2: Is it possible to submit the application form for this examination in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will be made available in offline mode only.
Question – 3: Is there any provision for negative marking in the entrance test?
Answer: Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of every incorrect answer
Question – 4: Is it compulsory to clear the entrance test in order to get admission?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary for every candidate to clear the entrance test in order to get admission.
Question – 5: What documents do I need to carry at the time of admission?
Answer: Given below is the list of documents that candidates have to get verified through the BOPEE office in order to get admission.
- Class 10th and class 12th passing certificate and mark sheets
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet
- Permanent resident certificate issued by a competent authority
- Category certificate (wherever applicable)