The University of Calcutta invites application from the candidates for admission to its different UG and PG courses. Interested candidates, who also meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, can apply for the admission through online or offline mode as applicable. Different criteria are followed for selection of candidates for admission to different courses offered by the university. Complete details related to the University of Calcutta Admission 2021 such as courses offered, important dates, application process, etc are provided here in this article.
Courses Offered at the University of Calcutta
The following courses are offered at the University of Calcutta:
- B.Sc (Hons)
- BA LLB
- M.Sc in Agricultural Chemistry & Soil Science/ Agronomy/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Plant Physiology/ Horticulture/ Seed Science & Technology/ Anthropology/ Applied Mathematics/ Applied Psychology/ Atmospheric Science/ Bio-Chemistry/ Bio-Physics, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Electronic Science/ Environmental Science/ Genetics/ Geology/ Geography/ Marine Science/ Microbiology/ Physics/ Physiology/ Psychology/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Zoology/ Food and Nutrition/ Human Development
- MA in Ancient Indian History & Culture/ Arabic & Persian/ Archaeology/ Bengali Language and Literature/ Buddhist Studies/ Comparative Indian Language and Literature/ Economics/ English Language and Literature/ French/ Hindi/ History/ Islamic History and Culture/ Languages/ Linguistics/ Museology/ Pali/ Philosophy/ Political Science/ Sanskrit/ Sociology/ South and South East Asian Studies/ Tamil Studies/ Urdu/ Education/ Journalism & Mass Communication/ Human Development
- M.Tech in Applied Optics & Photonics/ Applied Physics/ Instrumentation Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Polymer Science and Technology/ Radio Physics and Electronics/ Jute and Fiber Technology/ Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
University of Calcutta Admission Important Dates 2021
Check out the important dates related to University of Calcutta Admission 2021:
For BA LLB:
|Availability of application form||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2021|
|Publication of admit card||4th week of June 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of June 2021|
|Result declaration||1st week of July 2021|
|Commencement of counseling process||2nd week of July 2021|
|Availability of application form||2nd week of November 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of February 2021|
|Display of list of eligible candidates||2nd week of March 2021|
|Publication of call letter for GD & PI||3rd week of March 2021|
|Date of group discussion & viva voce||1st week of April 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of April 2021|
|Closing of admission process||Last week of May 2021|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of July 2021|
|Availability of application form||To be announced later|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of April 2021|
|Publication of admit card||4th week of April 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of April 2021|
|Result declaration||1st week of May 2021|
|Date of interview||2nd week of May 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calcutta Admission 2021
The course-wise eligibility criteria for Calcutta University admission 2021 are provided below:
- BA & B.Com: The candidates who have cleared their class 12th exam can apply for these courses.
- BA LLB: Applicants should have passed the class 12th exam with nit less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates).
- B.Sc: A pass in class 12th exam preferably with Science subjects is required to be eligible.
- B.Ed: Those with graduation in any stream with not less than 50% marks can apply.
- MA: A BA degree in the relevant field is required for admission to MA courses.
- M.Sc: Candidates should hold a degree of B.Sc in the related field in order to be eligible.
- MBA: The applicants with graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for MBA course. A valid score in CAT/ XAT/ MAT or equivalent is also required.
- LLM: The candidates should hold an LLB degree to be eligible for LLM course.
- M.Com: A degree of B.Com is required from any recognized university.
University of Calcutta Application Form 2021
The application form for University of Calcutta Admission 2021 can be submitted in online mode through the official website www.caluniv.ac.in or offline from the university campus (for selected courses only). Candidates should read the information brochure carefully before they apply for the exam.
- The candidates will have to provide their basic personal details like name, category, date of birth, mobile number, email address, etc to fill the application form.
- Details related to qualifying exam such as university/ school name, marks obtained, year of passing, etc will also be asked in the form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should be uploaded into the application form.
- Care should be taken to enter all the details correctly as any incorrect information can make the form liable for rejection.
- After providing these details into the application form, the candidates need to make payment of the prescribed application fee.
- Upon successful submission of application form and fee, a printout should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
The application fee structure for certain courses are provided below.
|For general candidates||For SC/ ST candidates|
|BA LLB||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-|
|MBA||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 750/-|
Mode of payment:
Payment of application fee can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking or offline via demand draft.
University of Calcutta 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for certain entrance tests conducted by the University of Calcutta is provided below.
For BA LLB entrance test:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode (OMR based)
- Duration of exam: 150 minutes
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
- Important topics: General English, General Awareness/ Current Affairs, General Math, Test of Reasoning (Verbal & Non-verbal)
For RET (Research Entrance Test):
- Duration of exam: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 50
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry one mark.
University of Calcutta Exam Admit Card 2021
- The admit card to appear for the University of Calcutta entrance test 2021 will be released on the official website of the university.
- Candidates should download their admit card and take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- On the admit card, details related to candidates such as name, date of birth, gender, roll number, etc and that to exam such as venue, schedule will be printed.
- Candidates reporting to the exam center must carry with them an admit card and a photo identity proof.
- Admit card must not be damaged or mutilated in any manner or else it will not be considered as valid.
University of Calcutta Admission Result 2021
- The authorities will declare the result of the entrance exam in online mode on the official university’s website.
- Candidates will be able to check their result using their details like roll number, date of birth, etc as asked.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam.
- Those who clear the entrance exam will be invited to attend the counseling round as per their names in the merit list.
- For courses where there is no entrance exam, the merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks of the candidates in the qualifying exam.
University of Calcutta Counseling 2021
- Counseling of the shortlisted candidates will be done as per the schedule decided by the authorities and published on official website.
- For certain courses, the candidates have to clear an interview, GD/ PI and other such rounds before they appear for the counseling session.
- At the time of counseling, the documents of candidates will be verified and they will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization.
- Upon successful verification of documents as well as eligibility, the candidates will be granted final admission.
University of Calcutta Admission 2021 FAQs
What is the criterion for selection into University of Calcutta?
The criterion for selection into University of Calcutta varies from course to course. For certain courses, entrance exam will be conducted by the university, while for others admission will be done on the basis of merit in qualifying exam.
Is it possible to obtain the admit card via post?
The admit card for the entrance exam will only be released online and will not be sent to the individual candidate via post or courier.
How can I edit my application form if I find any mistake after its submission?
Once the application form is submitted by the candidates, no changes are possible in it. So, make sure to not make any mistake while filling the application form.
What if I fail to appear for the counseling round in the given time limit?
Candidates who fail to report for exam, counseling, admission, etc on the specified date will lose their candidature and considered as disqualified.
Can you list the important documents required at the time of verification?
All certificate related to class 10th, 12th, graduation & post graduation (as applicable), category certificate, age proof, etc should be carried while reporting for document verification.