University of Burdwan B.Ed Admission 2023: University of Burdwan invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates for admission to its 2-year B.Ed degree programme. Selection of the candidates for admission will be done on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam. The application form for admission might get released through online mode from March 2023. Candidates can get the detailed information about the University of Burdwan B.Ed Admission 2023 such as eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, etc from this post.
University of Burdwan B.Ed 2023 Schedule
Check out the tentative dates related to University of Burdwan B.Ed Admission 2023 from the table below:
|Online application form availability date||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit online application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application fee through challan||2nd week of June 2023|
|Release of merit list||3rd week of June 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||3rd week of June 2023|
|Commencement of admission round||1st week of June 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for University of Burdwan B.Ed Admission 2023
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for the University of Burdwan B.Ed admission 2023:
- For fresher candidates, the age as on 30th June 2023 shall not exceed 38 years.
- For candidates belonging to DA (Differently Abled) category, the upper age limit will be 43 years as on 30th June 2023.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/ or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanity/ Commerce are eligible to apply.
- The applicants with Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, can apply too.
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be given to the candidates belonging to SC, ST and DA (Differently Abled) categories.
- Those with 50% or 45% marks in bachelor’s degree with honors (determined either on the basis of honors marks only or on the basis of honors marks and marks of the elective subjects taken together (excluding ENVS & Languages)) are also eligible.
University of Burdwan B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form for University of Burdwan B.Ed admission 2023 will be released on the official website of the university www.buruniv.ac.in. Candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria can fill and submit their application form through online mode.
- The application form can be filled by providing basic personal and academic details like name, gender, date of birth, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of their signature and photograph in the application form.
- Choice for the method subject should also be provided into the application form very carefully.
- Application form complete and correct in every manner can then be submitted online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates also need to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled and submitted application form and keep it with them for future reference.
- The application fee for the Burdwan University B.Ed admission will be Rs. 300/- + transaction charge.
- Payment of application form can be done through credit card, debit card, net banking and Allahabad Bank e-challan.
- Printout of the challan will be generated after the submission of the application form.
Merit List Preparation
- After online submission of application form, the University shall prepare a provisional rank list.
- For fresher candidates, the list will be drawn on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam.
- For deputed candidates, provisional rank list shall be prepared on the basis of their approved length of service as on 30th June 2023.
- Separate list for deputed applicants will be prepared as per the following groups- Language & Social Science Group (Beng., Eng., Sans., Hin., Geo., Hist., Pol. Sc., Phil., Edn., Eco., Music, Commerce, Fine Arts), Life Science Group (Zoo., Bot., Physio., Bio-tech., Nutri, Micro-bio., Env. Sc.), Physical Science Group (Phy., Elect., Chem., Bio-chem) and Mathematics Group (Math., Stat., Comp. Application, Comp. Sc., Engineering or Technology).
- Candidates will then be invited to take part in the admission process as per their names in the merit list.
University of Burdwan B.Ed Counseling & Admission Process 2023
- Candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round on the basis of the merit list.
- At the time of counseling, documents of the candidates will be verified and therefore they must be present there with all documents in original and photocopy.
- Date, venue and time of verification of the original testimonials of the enlisted candidates will be notified at the time of publication of provisional rank list.
- After verification of documents, the candidates will be asked to provide their choice for college.
- Seats will then be allotted to the candidates as per their choice and their merit.
- Candidates need to report to the allotted college to complete the rest procedure if admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What are the B.Ed colleges affiliated to the University of Burdwan?
Answer: As many as 146 B.Ed colleges are affiliated to the University of Burdwan, the complete list of which can be obtained from the official website of the university.
Question 2: What are the method subjects available for University of Burdwan B.Ed course?
Answer: The following subjects are available to be selected as method subjects for the B.Ed candidates:
Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Hindi, Geography, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Education, Economics, Commerce, Music, Fine Arts, Life Science (Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biotechnology, Nutrition, Microbiology, Environment Science), Physical Science (Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Biochemistry), Mathematics (Statistics/ Computer Application/ Computer Science/ Engineering or Technology)
Question 3: What are the specifications for the documents to be uploaded?
Answer: Scanned photograph and signature files must be of type .png or .jpeg and the size of photograph and signature must be within 3 MB.
Question 4: What is the medium of instruction in the B.Ed colleges of Burdwan University?
Answer: The B.Ed course will be offered either in English or in Bengali language.
Question 5: Can candidates from outside the state of West Bengal apply for University of Burdwan B.Ed admission?
Answer: Yes they can. But the benefit of reservation will only be provided to the candidates belonging to the West Bengal state.