The application form of UGC NET exam will be made available on the official website of the National Testing Agency i.e. NTA. Candidates can fill the form only in online mode and no other mode shall be accepted for filling the UGC NET application form 2022.
UGC NET exam is organized with the purpose of deciding the eligibility of the candidates for the post of Assistant professor or Assistant Professor & Junior Research Fellow (JRF) respectively in Indian universities and colleges. Interested candidates must fill the UGC NET application form 2022 in order to be eligible for the same.
UGC NET application form is now available from 30th April 2022
UGC NET Application form –Important Instructions
Here are some important highlights of the UGC NET application form 2022-
- The application form of UGC NET exam can only be obtained from the online mode. Candidates can fill the form by visiting the official website of the NTA.
- Proper caution must be taken while filling the application form and candidates must make sure to go through the complete form before making the final submission.
- Once the applicants submit the form, then they won’t be given an opportunity to edit/correct the particulars in the form.
- Applicants should keep the scanned photograph and signature handy. These images must be in JPG format.
- The size of the photograph should lie between 10 kb to 200 kb. Whereas, that of signature should lie between 4 KB and 30 KB.
- After being done submitting the form, candidates need not send the hardcopy of the application form to the authority.
- It is compulsory for the applicants to pay the required application fee otherwise their applications will end up getting rejected by the authority.
- Applicants should avoid filling the form at the last minute and should apply early for the UGC NET exam to avoid inconvenience.
- The Email ID and the phone number that the candidate provides while registering for the exam should be an active one. The authority will communicate to the candidates through these mediums.
- The application number received in the registered Email ID and phone number should be saved for future purpose.
How to fill UGC NET online application form?
Follow the procedure given below to know how to fill the online application form of UGC NET exam-
- Go to the official website of the NTA i.e. ntanet.nic.in. or click the link given here.
- Click on the “NTA Exam” tab in the menu at the top of the webpage.
- Click on the “UGC National Eligibility Test” link.
- Scroll down and click on the “registration” link present there.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on “proceed to apply online” link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill the UGC NET application form 2021 and note down the Application Number for future reference.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature and correct the details, if any.
- Now proceed for the application fee payment part. Pay the required fee.
- Download the confirmation page and keep a printout of it for further use.
UGC NET Solved Papers (204-2018) – Buy Now
Here is the application fee to be paid by the candidates after filling the UGC NET application form 2022-
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment:
- The payment for the application fee for UGC NET can be made either through the credit/debit card or through E-Challan of any of the given bank- Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank only.
- The fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates cannot claim for reimbursement after paying the fee or at any stage.
- Fee paid by any other means (except the ones mentioned above) shall be rejected. For example, money order and demand draft won’t be considered by the authority.
Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET exam
The eligibility criteria for UGC NET examination is as follows-
Educational Qualification/Qualifying Examination: Candidates must hold a valid masters degree in any subject of humanities (including languages) or its equivalent from the UGC recognized university/institute with minimum 55% aggregate marks (without rounding off). Those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories should have scored at least 50% aggregate marks without rounding off in the qualifying degree stated above.
Appearing candidates: Those appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or awaiting result can also apply for the UGC NET exam.