UGC NET Answer Key 2021 will be released by NTA along with the recorded response of the candidates in online mode. Those who appeared successfully for the exam can check the answer key and recorded response under the candidates’ login. Candidates not satisfied with the answer key will also be allowed to submit their grievances along with a prescribed fee. After considering those grievances, a final answer key will be prepared. The UGC NET Result 2021 will be announced on the basis of the final answer key.
- The UGC NET Answer Key 2021 is likely to be displayed for two to three days.
- Answer key released is only for reference purpose so as to help the candidates get a rough idea of their test score.
- Candidates must submit their queries related to the answer key within the given time period. Late requests will not be considered.
- The NTA decision on the challenges against the answer will be final and no further request in this regard will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Since the result will be declared according to the final answer key, no re-evaluation or re-checking of result will be done.
- Answer key for different papers will be released separately. Candidates must take care to select the correct answer key related to their subject.
- Only the marks calculated by the official authorities and not by the candidates will be considered as final.
The tentative dates related to display of UGC NET Answer Key 2021 are given in the table below:
|For June exam||For December exam|
|Display of recorded responses and answer keys||1st week of July 2021||Last week of December 2021|
|Declaration of final result||3rd week of July 2021||2nd week of January 2022|
How to download the answer key?
The answer key for the UGC NET will be published on the official website of NTA. To download the answer key, the candidates need to follow the steps as explained below:
- Go to the official website of National Testing Agency www.ntanet.ac.in.
- Navigate and click on the appropriate link to open the answer keys.
- Different links to download the answer key of different subjects for which NET was conducted will appear on the screen. Direct links to download the answer key will also be made available on this page.
- Carefully select the link according to the paper for which you have appeared in your NET exam.
- Upon clicking on this link, the answer key will appear on the screen in PDF format.
- Download the answer key and can also keep a printout of it, if you like.
- The answer key will consist of the question id and the correct option indicated next to it.
- Using the answer key, the candidates can match their answers and get an overview of the marks they might obtain in the eligibility test.
Significance of answer key
The main motive behind releasing the answer key is to provide the candidates a rough idea of the marks they might obtain in the eligibility test. Apart from this, the results are also declared on the basis of the answer keys. So the candidates will be able to keep a tab on the parameter from where their final result is to be calculated and will create transparency.
How to use the answer key?
In the answer key, subject id and subject name will be mentioned on the top. Using these details the candidates can find the appropriate answer key. The answer key will consist of question id and correct option id mentioned next to it. Candidates can match the correct option id as mentioned in the answer key with the option id they marked in their test with the help of recorded responses. Once you find the number of questions correctly answered is calculated, it can be multiplied with 2 to calculate the overall score.
Query regarding the answer key
- The candidates not satisfied with the answer key can make a challenge against the answer key.
- Challenges to the answer key can only be submitted through online mode by visiting the official website of NTA.
- Applicants will also have to make payment of Rs. 1000/- per question challenged as processing charge.
- NTA will look at the challenges made by the candidates, make any corrections, if applicable and prepare a final answer key.
- The processing fee of Rs. 1000/- will be refunded if the challenge is found correct.
- Result of the eligibility test will then be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
Steps to challenge the answer key
The easy steps in which the candidates can challenge the answer key are given below:
UGC NET Solved Papers (204-2018) – Buy Now
- Go to website ntanet.nic.in and click on the ‘Challenge/s regarding Answer Key’ link
- Enter your application number, date of birth and security pin and click on ‘submit’ button.
- Again, tap on ‘Challenge/s regarding Answer Key’ button.
- A challenge form containing the question id, correct option id and option id to be claimed will appear on the screen.
- Put a check against the option ids you think is correct and save your claim.
- You may also upload document supporting your claim, if desired.
- Click on ‘Save your Claim Finally’ and make payment of the processing charge.
- You claim is successfully submitted after the payment of the processing charge.
Display of Recorded Responses
- The NTA will display the recorded responses and question paper attempted by the candidates, before the declaration of result.
- Candidates will be able to check the recorded responses by visiting the official website ntanet.nic.in.
- Applicants will have to login in to their account using the application number and date of birth after which they can see their recorded responses.
- The recorded responses are likely to be displayed for two to three days.
- Candidates are advised to save the recorded responses and question paper for challenging the answer keys or other future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
From where can I download the answer key for the UGC NET exam 2021?
The link to see and download the answer key will be made available on the official website of NTA ntanet.ac.in. Apart from this, you can also find the link on this page once released by NTA.
Can I send an email or letter to NTA regarding the discrepancy in the answer key?
No. The complaint against the answer key can only be submitted online and in the prescribed proforma as available on the official website of NTA under candidate’s login.
I checked the answer key and I think I may have cleared the exam. Am I eligible for Junior Research Fellowship or for the post of Assistant Professor?
You will be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship or for the post of Assistant Professor only if your name/ roll number appear in the final result declared by the relevant authority. Answer key is just for reference purpose and the final result will only be declared by the exam authorities.
Is it necessary to save recorded responses and question paper of my UGC NET exam?
Using the recorded responses, you will be able to check your answers from the answer sheet. Therefore, it is advisable that you save the recorded responses and question paper of the UGC NET exam.