The admit card to appear in the UGC NET will be made available around one week before the commencement of the exam. Candidates who submit the UGC NET Application Form 2021 on time can download their admit card using their application number and date of birth. The UGC NET Admit Card 2021 will only be available online and will not be sent through any other means. Candidates must carry their admit card along with them while reporting at the exam center. Details of the exam center will be communicated through the admit card.
UGC NET admit card releases on 1st October 2021.
- Candidate should keep in mind that admit cards will not be sent by post. Also, no duplicate admit card will be issued to the candidates at the exam centers.
- The admit card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- Under no circumstances the choice of cities for centre, date, shift and NET subject provided in the admit card shall be changed.
- A candidate who does not possess the valid admit card will not be allowed to appear for the exam under any circumstances.
- No admit card will be issued to the candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the exam.
How to download UGC NET Admit Card 2021?
Admit card will be available for download on the official website of NTA. The candidates can download the admit card by following these simple steps:
- Go to the official website of NTA ntanet.nic.in and click on the ‘view admit card’ link.
- A new screen will appear asking you to enter your application number, date of birth and security pin.
- Provide these details carefully and click on the ‘submit’ button.
- The admit card will appear on the screen for download.
- Download the admit card and take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- A color printout of the admit card is preferred but not compulsory.
- Multiple printouts should be taken in order to protect from loss and theft.
Note: A direct link to download the admit card will also be provided on this page for convenience of the candidates.
Details on the Admit Card
On the admit card, the following details related to the candidate and the exam will be printed:
- Name of the candidate
- Gender and date of birth
- Category of the candidate
- Person With Disability (YES/ NO)
- Father’s name
- Application number
- Roll number of the candidate
- Photograph and signature
- Date and time of the exam
- Address of the exam center
- NET subject
- Shift of exam (1st or 2nd)
- Gate closing time of center
- Test center number
- Important instructions related to the exam
Discrepancy or non-availability of admit card
The candidates who find any difficulty in downloading their admit card should approach the helpline center. Details such as name, registration number, etc must be kept ready while contacting the helpline center. The complaint related to the non-availability of admit card should be made within one week of the date of release of admit card. Candidates can also send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of problem in downloading the admit card.
In case of any discrepancy in the particulars in the admit card, the candidate should immediately contact the helpline center. The request for correction in the admit card should be made within one week of the date of issue of admit card. Candidates can appear at the exam with the already downloaded admit card in case the error is not rectified before commencement of exam. NTA will take necessary action to make correction in the record later.
UGC NET Solved Papers (204-2018) – Buy Now
Significance of UGC NET Admit Card 2021
- Only the candidates with valid admit card are allowed to enter the exam hall and take their exam.
- Details of the exam center, exam date and timing will be communicated to the candidates via their admit card itself.
- Roll number of the candidates will be mentioned on the admit card only. Seating arrangement of the candidates will be according to their roll number.
Items to be carried and not to be carried
Items to be carried
- A hard copy of the admit card downloaded from NTA website
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the online application form) to be pasted on the attendance sheet at exam centre
- An authorized, original, valid and non-expired photo identity proof
- PWD certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable
- The name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the admit card. If not, a relevant document such as marriage certificate/ divorce/ decree/ legal name change document should also be carried.
Items not to be carried
- Instrument, Geometry, Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper, Stationery, Textual material (printed or written material)
- Mobile Phone, Ear Phone, Microphone, Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets, devices
- Eatables and Water (loose or packed) except for Diabetic students who can carry eatables like sugar tablets, fruits (like banana, apple, orange) and transparent water bottle
Documents for valid identity proof
Any of the following documents can be carried to the exam center as a proof of identity:
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Enrolment Number
- Ration Card
Guidelines for the candidates
- Candidate must not damage or distort their admit card or change any entry made therein.
- The candidates shall report at the examination centre two hours before the commencement of the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center, on date and time other than the one mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to go through instruction printed on admit card carefully before going for the exam.
- The candidate must show the admit card whenever demanded by the invigilator or superintendent.
- Applicants are advised to preserve their admit cards in good condition for future reference.
Instructions for exam hall
- A seat indicating roll number will be allotted to each candidate and they must sit on their allocated seat only.
- The candidates must make sure that the question paper available on the computer is as per the opted subject indicated in the admit card. If not, contact the invigilator immediately.
- Without special permission from the centre superintendent or concerned invigilator, no candidate will be allowed to leave their seat during the exam.
- Candidate may approach the centre superintendent/ invigilator for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the examination.
- Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting etc is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How can I download my admit card?
The link to download the admit card can be found on the official NTA website or on this page also. You can download the admit card using your application number and date of birth.
My name is spelled incorrectly in my admit card. What should I do?
In case your name or any other details like gender, date of birth, photograph, etc are incorrect in the admit card approach the helpline center immediately for correction. In the meantime, keep the admit card with incorrect detail safe with you. If the correction is not done before exam, you will have to carry the incorrect admit card to the exam center.
Can I change the exam center mentioned in my admit card?
No. it is not possible to change the exam center mentioned in the admit card and you must report at the same exam center or else you will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
I lost my admit card. How can get a new one?
You will be able to download your admit card from the official NTA website. In case you lost your admit card, go to the NTA website and download it again. No admit card will be sent to you by NTA via post/ courier. It is advisable to keep multiple printouts of the admit card to prevent from loss.